Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by xisstential »

What a fightback huh, man I feel amped

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

We’ve got our Arsenal back - turgid, slow and painful to watch :barscarf:
We didn’t even deserve the draw, no pace, no movement, just content to knock the ball to and fro in safe positions

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Is there anyone on here who thinks Arteta is the Man for the Job (as Manager)?
I'm undecided.
I'd be inclined to give him one more year.

We know we need to clear out deadwood. That needs to happen this summer.

Who would we get to replace him?
Allegri is the obvious one but he inherited one of the best defensive football units the world has seen and won a poor league year after year.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If they hadn't already ruled out two of our goals and given them a dodgy penalty which was off-side in the build-up, they would have ruled Nketiah's out. That's just how inconsistent the whole thing is.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Hopefully Arteta is reading this forum so he can hide behind VAR - fucking hell.

Here's the facts - Lacazette's toe was offside. Frustrating? Absolutely. Wrong decision? Absolutely not in 2021, whether you like it or not

Fulham's goal. Was it offside? No. Did the bloke make a meal of it? Absolutely. Did that dopey fucker Gabriel do what every striker loves by dangling a foot out letting you do it? Yes - he fucking did, again.

This cock made 5 more changes. Were they young lads ready to prove their worth for the last 7 games to let us know whether they'll be up to the job and offer hope for the future? Were they fuck. Bellerin being Bellerin, Elneny being Elneny, Ceballos being Ceballos. The one positive change was Mat Ryan who many of us have called for to replace butter wrists for weeks......and look what that did, the bloke set up the fucking goal

I don't want to hear that Balogun and Azeez can't be thrown in together with ESR, Saka and Martinelli. What do I know about them? What I know is they haven't been given collectively 250+ opportunities to deliver and been absolutely fucking awful nearly every single time

This c.unt has to go - Europa or no Europa. Big clubs fire their managers when they are still in the cups, shit ones settle for mediocrity

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:38 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
I'm undecided.

Allegri is the obvious one but he inherited one of the best defensive football units the world has seen and won a poor league year after year.
Agree with this.
Arteta makes a lot of mistakes but up until now he has shown that latter day Wenger knack of winning the games when he needs to

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Thynker wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
I'm undecided.

Why would you give him one more year? Genuine question.

The deadwood argument is flimsy because he won a cup with THIS team last season. He added to it minimally but, largely, it's the same. We have regressed dramatically in 8 months.

6 home league defeats this year, so far the list including Villa, Wolves and Burnley. We are mid-table and, mostly, look like we are lucky to be there. We start most games on the back foot and often chase them. We struggle to hold a lead, as the manager doesn't seem to know how to manage games. What suggests, to you, that this could get better? Honestly.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:42 pm
Thynker wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
I'm undecided.

Agree with this.
Arteta makes a lot of mistakes but up until now he has shown that latter day Wenger knack of winning the games when he needs to
Cup games perhaps, but not league games. Wenger's late teams put little runs together to get into the top four. This prick couldn't buy back to back league wins. On the contrary - every time the vermin scum drop points and we have a chance to close the gap, we blow it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:45 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thynker wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
I'm undecided.

Agree with this.
Cup games perhaps, but not league games. Wenger's late teams put little runs together to get into the top four. This prick couldn't buy back to back league wins. On the contrary - every time the vermin scum drop points and we have a chance to close the gap, we blow it.
No longer any ambition at the club to get back into the top 4 though.
If there was then Arteta would never have been appointed in the first place.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thynker wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
I'm undecided.

Agree with this.
Another fucking year :lol: our fan base are the biggest joke in the league might as well have a joke of a manger too

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Truth is, Arteta is not an improvement on Emery.

After 70 odd games he still doesn't know what his best defence is.
After 70 odd games he still doesn't know his best centre midfield partnership
After 70 odd games he still doesn't know his best front 3

Don't even get me started on Arteta's 'In Game' management which is worse than Emery's or Wengers!!

Arsenal are going nowhere under Arteta and that's a real shame as we have a bit of a golden generation of young players coming through now and with a good manager we could be a very good, young team...........but not under Arteta who will chop and change every game as he doesn't really know what to do! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Anyway it looks like the premier league is going to be as devalued as the league cup in future - apparently we are going to be in a European Super league :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just a reminder - its 6th position for the Europa League this season, not 7th.

Six points behind the Mickeys who occupy that spot, having played one more game and a goal difference that's currently 8 worse off.

Anyone think its still worth picking a team of 'never will be's' ahead of some of our brighter young guns for the last 6 meaningless matches. I mean 'anyone' other than the goon in charge because we all know his view

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Crap game, poor result but not unexpected, Arteta should not be given any more time, even if he wins the Europa there has been sufficient evidence now to prove that he cannot lead a team through a league campaign he just doesn't understand what is required.

As for us just needing him to 'clear out the deadwood', Xhaka will not be sold, Elnenny is trying to negotiate a new contract, Ceballos may still be signed, Willock, Maitlan-Niles, Kolasinac are only out on loan, Nketiah has just signed a 5 year deal..... exactly what deadwood are we sure he is going to get rid of, the only one i am even remotely convinced might leave is Bellerin......

Yeah the futures bright, the futures mid-table under this twat :banghead:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

In the wider scheme of things, today mattered little as we are no where in the league but it encapsulates our entire season. Just awful for the most part, and I have to laugh at our clearly out of his depth striker scoring a tap in and then proceeding to act like he has scored in a champions league final, that's our level at the moment. As for keeping Arteta, why should We? He has regressed us further from last season. Bar winning the EL, there is zero chance he delivers CL football in his time in charge. Next season we will find ourselves flirting with relegation and then the incompetent duo of Josh and Stan will pull the plug.