European Super League horseshit now a possibility?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: European Super League announced

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:27 pm
The only issue with boycotting is other than the look of it, a half empty ground, as opposed to a completely empty ground right now, will it really hurt him that much? Also bear in mind that even a half empty ground can be spun if they want it to, 'ticket sales are down due to people still being worried about covid blah blah blah'.....

People need to come to terms with the fact that local support is only a very very small part of the fanbase worldwide so having maybe 100,000 fans not buying stuff will not really hurt that much in terms of global merchandise sales, it will hurt but just not as much as people think.

For me, as with getting rid of Wenger, the thing that will really hurt is vocal and visual protests on a large scale, which again thanks to covid can't be done without running foul of the law.......

I swear Kroenke has the devil's own luck because i think in normal times pulling something like they just did would, for once, actually unite a lot of fans into serious protest outside and inside the ground :banghead:
I don't believe the protests got rid of Wenger. The protests were not that visual or large scale tbh. And they were ridiculed by the media mostly. That's not a criticism of the protesters who worked their ass off organising and participating and should be commended for their efforts.

I totally believe what forced Wiggy to finally sack Wenger was the empty seats. It looked terrible from a sponsor's perspective. The threat of sponsors cutting their ties with the club would have spoke large to the parasite Wiggy. And that was at a time when all the other big club stadia were mostly packed to the rafters every week. Our rows of empty seats were being commented on every game by the media and TV commentators.

Maybe the protests added to Wiggy's discomfort and played their part but the empty seats were the key thing.

Now after a year of empty stadia I agree the effect of empty seats would not have near the impact it had in getting shot of Wenger.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:13 pm
To be honest you could probably, with a bit of clever lawyering, put this in the category of cultural or sporting heritage or some such and introduce specific rules governing clubs and ownership giving special protected status, i'm fairly sure St Andrews Golf Club has some sort of protected status in terms of restricting development, ownership, finances etc....

Bear in mind legislation can be put before parliament and if voted on then there isn't that much people operating businesses can do if it passes other than appeal it, it might not be particularly popular but as the 'birth place of football' and with some of the oldest clubs in the world maybe it should be looked at, fuck i wish they'd done it earlier to protect Highbury and some of the other grand old stadiums :rubchin:

And the real beauty of that is cos boris dragged your arses out of the eu, old wiggy cant bring it to some european convention alleging breaking of european rights :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:39 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:13 pm
To be honest you could probably, with a bit of clever lawyering, put this in the category of cultural or sporting heritage or some such and introduce specific rules governing clubs and ownership giving special protected status, i'm fairly sure St Andrews Golf Club has some sort of protected status in terms of restricting development, ownership, finances etc....

Bear in mind legislation can be put before parliament and if voted on then there isn't that much people operating businesses can do if it passes other than appeal it, it might not be particularly popular but as the 'birth place of football' and with some of the oldest clubs in the world maybe it should be looked at, fuck i wish they'd done it earlier to protect Highbury and some of the other grand old stadiums :rubchin:

And the real beauty of that is cos boris dragged your arses out of the eu, old wiggy cant bring it to some european convention alleging breaking of european rights :lol: :lol:
Oh ffs augie. :banghead:

If this turns into another fucking brexit thread I'm locking it! :censored:

:lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The mad bastard Perez reckons the super league isn't dead yet.

Yeah because you and Barca are absolutely fucked without it you deluded old bastard, dripping in debt the two of em.

Fucking delighted :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

United fans protesting outside the training ground calling for Glazer to sell up and fuck off, looks like this whole thing is just beginning not ending, hope we follow suit on wiggy.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Josh rocking up to the fans forum today......hound the fucker out of town :twisted:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Yesterday the AST along with most supporter forum members sent the following to Arsenal:

The statement issued by Arsenal clearly signs off as the ‘Arsenal Board’. As we know, Vinai Venkatesham is not on the board so who from the board will be joining us on Thursday...1/2

...to apologise and justify their decisions over the last few days? We expect Stan Kroenke or Josh Kroenke to be present - and if they really are sorry, they can tell us themselves.’

It's been confirmed that JK will be attending. We'll be telling him exactly what we think! 2/2

https://twitter.com/AST_arsenal/status/ ... 60000?s=19

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Stan and Vinai apologised to the players apparently :roll:

FUCK OFF AND DIE :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I will be going down to the ground tomorrow to join the protest. Im only 15 mins drive so can get back in time for the game, Won’t be getting into the middle of things thats for the kids, but will be taking clips and posting them on youtube.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:15 am
I will be going down to the ground tomorrow to join the protest. Im only 15 mins drive so can get back in time for the game, Won’t be getting into the middle of things thats for the kids, but will be taking clips and posting them on youtube.
Fair fucks Nut Flush, well played sir :barscarf:

Stick your You Tube account on here when they're up.

GOD SPEED :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:52 am
Yesterday the AST along with most supporter forum members sent the following to Arsenal:

The statement issued by Arsenal clearly signs off as the ‘Arsenal Board’. As we know, Vinai Venkatesham is not on the board so who from the board will be joining us on Thursday...1/2

...to apologise and justify their decisions over the last few days? We expect Stan Kroenke or Josh Kroenke to be present - and if they really are sorry, they can tell us themselves.’

It's been confirmed that JK will be attending. We'll be telling him exactly what we think! 2/2

https://twitter.com/AST_arsenal/status/ ... 60000?s=19

I dont wish to tar every group with the one brush, but after those redaction c.unts I have no faith or trust in these supporters groups - granted I am slightly militant by nature, but I just feel that not rocking the boat is the primary concern for these groups. Turning up and making a small fuss with junior kroenke might sit well with a lot of fans, but at the very least he needs a serious bollocking over this shit, and tbh imo he should be told in no uncertain terms to tell his old b.astard father to get over to london so he can man up and face the fans in person. Failure to get anything near an acceptable response should, in my opinion, see an absolute campaign of pressure and venom through the media in the hope that he will fcuk off - in the past we have had pro wenger and anti wenger groups, but I'd like to think that this is something that is bigger than all of us, and something we can all get behind.

augie

Post by augie »

I said right from the start of this backlash that, regardless of his managerial performance, arteta would be fcuking useless on this issue, and a mere puppet for the club

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... iled-plans

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I agree Augie - I am getting sick of the "silent" treatment that Stan gives us.

Fair play to those going to protest but I really don't think any campaign/protests will be that effective until fans are allowed back into the grounds.
This will be a long fight and to be honest it is a bit late - now that he has full control of the club I don't think a few people waving banners outside an empty ground will have much effect.

It will probably have to be pretty much a full scale riot outside the grounds next season for every match, with play being stopped by fireworks or something else every match too for him to start taking any notice.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

“Owners beginning to sit up and take notice. Hearing one owner close to throwing the towel in and putting his club up for sale” - @SkyKavah, who I’m convinced moonlights on here as BobbyPires7, because they both spout absolute bollocks when it comes to “football news.” :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:11 am
The mad bastard Perez reckons the super league isn't dead yet.

Yeah because you and Barca are absolutely fucked without it you deluded old bastard, dripping in debt the two of em.

Fucking delighted :barscarf:
Franco’s last stand.

Will probably get a little uglier over the next few weeks.