Dippers(blue) H Dead rubber Fri 23rd April KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Dippers(blue) H Dead rubber Fri 23rd April KO 8PM

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 pm
Perry you can have my spot in the bath Thursday, I’m fucking done with this shit :suicide:
Don't you fucking dare! This is the special Thursday night bath that Barry White and the Greek Rochdale have kept bubbling all season, ready for us to watch El Beige take on your bestie Unai ! You're going nowhere my friend. I've wiped out amazon's supply of Yankee Candles and been practising my Demis Roussos numbers all year for this moment....
I’m sure come Thursday I’ll be buzzing again and I’ll have the rose petals leading all the way up the stairs for you but as for tonight I’m fucking fuming and that’s my weekend completely bollocksed now.

I’ve fucked off to bed in a huff and all. Fucking soul destroying.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:27 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 pm
Perry you can have my spot in the bath Thursday, I’m fucking done with this shit :suicide:
Don't you fucking dare! This is the special Thursday night bath that Barry White and the Greek Rochdale have kept bubbling all season, ready for us to watch El Beige take on your bestie Unai ! You're going nowhere my friend. I've wiped out amazon's supply of Yankee Candles and been practising my Demis Roussos numbers all year for this moment....
I’m sure come Thursday I’ll be buzzing again and I’ll have the rose petals leading all the way up the stairs for you but as for tonight I’m fucking fuming and that’s my weekend completely bollocksed now.

I’ve fucked off to bed in a huff and all. Fucking soul destroying.
Thats the spirit mate - sleep it off, abuse a few socks and come back ready for action Thursday night

Don't go changing.....to try to please me....

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:37 pm
People tell me I’ve got tin foil hat syndrome for thinking there’s a conspiracy against us. Yet every single game.......

There is nothing "clear or obvious" there. Nothing at all.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Too many players were thinking about Villarreal and didn’t bust a gut.
ESR on the wing is a disaster, he’s a different player through the middle.
Xhaka is like an oil tanker in the Suez Canal at left back.....can’t turn. So slow he can’t catch anyone up, terrible decision to play him (at all) especially at LB
Eddie the feather is a championship player, every time he plays he shows that....WHY is he getting game time?
Tippy tappy sideways shit. The MANAGER controls this!
No changes yet again when the game is crying out for more speed and effort. Total lack of in-game management AGAIN.
All of this is Arteta. Same old boring, ineffective shit, different week. He is the worst Arsenal manager since Don Howe and he is continuing Wengers work of slowly destroying Arsenal, taking us down further. No-one at the club has a clue or really cares. Very sad for us fans.

John F

Post by John F »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:05 am
Xhaka is like an oil tanker in the Suez Canal at left back.....can’t turn. So slow he can’t catch anyone up, terrible decision to play him (at all) especially at LB
Eddie the feather is a championship player, every time he plays he shows that....WHY is he getting game time?
No changes yet again when the game is crying out for more speed and effort. Total lack of in-game management AGAIN.
All of this is Arteta. Same old boring, ineffective shit, different week. He is the worst Arsenal manager since Don Howe and he is continuing Wengers work of slowly destroying Arsenal, taking us down further. No-one at the club has a clue or really cares. Very sad for us fans.
He encourages risk-averse football. I originally thought this is just like the mid-eighties team a mixture of prima donnas and young players coming through led by a coach, not a manager but even the mid-eighties team wasn't this bad. He has taken us back to the standard of the 75 team that nearly got relegated.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

John F wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:06 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:05 am
He encourages risk-averse football. I originally thought this is just like the mid-eighties team a mixture of prima donnas and young players coming through led by a coach, not a manager but even the mid-eighties team wasn't this bad. He has taken us back to the standard of the 75 team that nearly got relegated.
I didn't see last night's game (thank god) but I've been saying almost since the day we appointed this goon that the football is certainly the most boring since GG's team of 1995. The only consolation back then was that Wrighty would always poach us a goal and we had the country's best goalkeeper and defence. These days we've got an arrogant, complacent butter wristed c.unt in goal and the random defence picking name generator. I don't remember the 75 team so will take your word for it but I agree that the mid 80s team is way better than this lot - fuck sake when Howe got the punt we were in the top 4. This wanker won't get us in the top half. An absolutely ludicrous experiment destined to fail from day one, but the board are so wedded to him and the supposed 'progress' we've made that I'm afraid he'll be our manager for a good while yet

augie

Post by augie »

Have to hold my hands up and admit that I watched fcuk all of this game - I watched 10-15 minutes of tepid, passionless shite in the first half and said fcuk this shit and went back to watching a League of Ireland game on a different station, where I at least seen some commitment and energy from both teams :roll:

Seen the goal after the game and all I can say is wow :oops: :oops: I have been a leno fan as many of you know, but when the team was announced I wasnt happy with matt ryan being back on the bench cos he did nothing wrong against fulham, but I suppose it fits pep's cone boy's policy of making changes to the starting line up in every single fcuking game :roll: :banghead: :banghead:

I didnt know that smith-rowe wasnt in the 10 until I seen teecee say it on this page :shock: :shock:

Unless I am mistaken Martinelli came to us as a centre forward. He played there a few times under emery and did well, so how the fcuk does pep's cone boy justify starting a guy ahead of him that he tried to get rid of last january (or was it last summer ? :? ) ? Yet again, despite being short of centre forwards Balagun isnt even on the bench, but dont for get that THIS IS HIS TIME to show what he can do :roll: :evil: :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:52 pm
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:23 pm
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 pm

I'm sorry. I know how much it meant to you. Could you just get SteveO round for a quick massage and a shower?
Bubbles are to be saved for the next meeting with Olympiakos....albeit with this helmet in charge we will need to invite them to the Emirates Cup for that to happen again
I can see it now; the next Emirates Cup. All those saucy air stewardesses line up by the tunnel, we've won the whole thing on goal difference after three goalless draws against Colchester, St. Mirren and Fortuna Dusseldorf. Out you and Rodders come in a bubble bath, wheeled out to the centre circle by the aforementioned saucy air stewardesses to hand the trophy over to out beaming new captain who recognises you, bursts into tears and jumps in the bath to embrace you. The Abou Diaby is back. Long live the bubble bath banner flies proudly over the 87% empty ground.
If I close my eyes long enough.....

Rodders.....Abou.....the bubbles....

And breathe.....life's not so bad after all

:barscarf: :barscarf:
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Abou's cuddle".

In all seriousness, despite all the shit we've had to endure over the years and all the fucking miserable fucking shit we've sat though, you and Rodders and that bubble bath have been more of a laugh than anything we've had on the pitch. The pair of you need a special soap on a rope present from the rest of us.

:rubchin:

Image. :barscarf:

:proudtosay:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I keep looking at this and still cannot see how it can be given as offside. The drawing of the lines is far too subjective.

For me it ranks alongside the disallowed goal against Palace and the David Luiz sending off as the worst decisions against us in recent times.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Just a thought....

Why does VAR have to rule on an absolute positive or an absolute negative? Why not have a third option of 'inconclusive' whereby the original decision stands?

It would make allowances for video framerate and even screen pixel rate if they're trying to be this pedantic about it all.

Makes sense to me.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:37 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:37 pm
People tell me I’ve got tin foil hat syndrome for thinking there’s a conspiracy against us. Yet every single game.......

There is nothing "clear or obvious" there. Nothing at all.
The only thing there that is clear and obvious is Pepe is fucking shit and never worth 72 million pounds

augie

Post by augie »

I like souness's suggestion where a player is ONSIDE if any part of him is still level with the opposition player - as it stands now, if a toenail is offside then you are flagged offside, but his proposal is that if only a toenail is onside then the player is onside, and that is a more positive attacking option.

For me it is either that or reverting back to the clear daylight rule which was simple and easy to see instead of this micro inspection bull.shit that we see every fcuking game now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:39 pm
I like souness's suggestion where a player is ONSIDE if any part of him is still level with the opposition player - as it stands now, if a toenail is offside then you are flagged offside, but his proposal is that if only a toenail is onside then the player is onside, and that is a more positive attacking option.

For me it is either that or reverting back to the clear daylight rule which was simple and easy to see instead of this micro inspection bull.shit that we see every fcuking game now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Did you like it as much when Wenger suggested it about two years ago? Or could you not bring yourself to give him any credit? :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 pm
augie wrote:

Did you like it as much when Wenger suggested it about two years ago? Or could you not bring yourself to give him any credit? :lol:
Wenger would have sold the idea to Man City or Manure for a tenth of its true value for "Purely football reasons."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 pm
augie wrote:

Wenger would have sold the idea to Man City or Manure for a tenth of its true value for "Purely football reasons."
:lol:

And then phone them to tell them what a bargain they were getting.