Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Potential Takeover

Post by gooner265 »

This may get merged bit maybe warrants it's own thread as could be huge news but DB will be the judge of that :rubchin:

Daniel Ek, Spotify’s billionaire founder, is working with Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp & Patrick Vieira, three key members of Arsenal’s Invincibles team, to test Stan Kroenke’s resolve by making a takeover offer for Arsenal. [Telegraph exclusive] #afc https://t.co/t2fy211skP

If Ek is successful in his bid to take control of the Gunners, then it is understood Henry, Bergkamp & Vieira could all return to Arsenal to be part of the new set-up, with their knowledge of the club & the fan-base already proving invaluable to his plans. [Telegraph] #afc https://t.co/lG88Yj0fk4

Ek is worth £3.4b, while his Spotify music streaming service is valued at £51.9b, with the Swede set to make a formal offer to buy the club. News of the involvement of Henry, Bergkamp & Vieira will put pressure on the Kroenkes to listen to any offer from Ek. [Telegraph] #afc https://t.co/hj6i5jH4FA

DB10GOONER

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by DB10GOONER »

Probably should be merged into the Kroenke thread but we'll let it run here for a while as it is massively important - and hopefully true!

If it just repeats all the wiggy abusive stuff from the Kroenke thread I might merge it later though. :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I'll hold my celebrations for a while yet.

Spotify is a loss making business. In the 10 years it's been operating it has only reported a profit once, in 2019.

I can't see anything other than tears for this deal and I'm always sceptical about the fanfare behind legends returning to a club.

Saying all that could it be any worse?
Last edited by Clummo99 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Whatever happens....at least something is happening!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:37 am

Spotify is a loss making business. In the 10 years it's been operating it has only reported a profit once, in 2019.

I can't see anything other than tears for this deal and I'm always sceptical about the fanfare behind legends returning to a club.

Might start a bidding war

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Not a chance of this happening.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Have the Kroenke's ever sold one of their franchises? I don't think they have but could be wrong. I know the horrible c.unt is on record about saying how they own businesses 'for life', but ultimately money talks I guess.

The fact that the lad says he has Arsenal at heart is encouraging and our Scandi fans no doubt would love it

Lets face it, I can't think of anything worse than the fuckwit we have now. I'll allow myself some hope value but honestly can't see it happening

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:

This is the part that makes me sceptical - if you are serious about buying the club then you buy the club and THEN go and recruit them, but doing it now seems a bit like a pr stunt to me

Would obviously love this to be true - I am confused as to how a business making continual losses can be valued at £52bn cos they most be doing something right, but at this stage I just want an owner who isnt just concerned with accumulating sports franchises/clubs, and is more about having one club and making that work.

In summation, when he puts his money on the table, then I will allow myself to get excited, but at the moment all we have is speculation and nothing concrete to suggest that the wiggy b.astard would even sell

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Clummo99 wrote:

Spotify is worth $50 bn and its share price has been on a tear the last few years, so arguably it might be overvalued.

But more importantly Elk is worth under £5bn personally, and the clubs current market cap is around £2bn. So that suggests a leveraged deal though I hear the likes of Henry, Vieira and DB10 are getting involved not as investors but advisors.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The interesting thing here is how Wiggy will respond.
I imagine that it will be a big NO. If it is not then maybe he might be open to offers.

However Kroenke has never ever sold a sporting franchise - I seriously doubt he will now.
Maybe in a few years time he might reconsider.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:32 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Spotify is worth $50 bn and its share price has been on a tear the last few years, so arguably it might be overvalued.

But more importantly Elk is worth under £5bn personally, and the clubs current market cap is around £2bn. So that suggests a leveraged deal though I hear the likes of Henry, Vieira and DB10 are getting involved not as investors but advisors.
It has to be over valued doesn't it? How can a business that continually runs at a loss have that kind of value?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 am
Clummo99 wrote:

This is the part that makes me sceptical - if you are serious about buying the club then you buy the club and THEN go and recruit them, but doing it now seems a bit like a pr stunt to me

Would obviously love this to be true - I am confused as to how a business making continual losses can be valued at £52bn cos they most be doing something right, but at this stage I just want an owner who isnt just concerned with accumulating sports franchises/clubs, and is more about having one club and making that work.

In summation, when he puts his money on the table, then I will allow myself to get excited, but at the moment all we have is speculation and nothing concrete to suggest that the wiggy b.astard would even sell
Exactly my initial thoughts. Smacks of a PR stunt to raise the profile of a business that for all intents and purposes is struggling.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:32 am
Clummo99 wrote:

It has to be over valued doesn't it? How can a business that continually runs at a loss have that kind of value?
They've made profits over the last few years Clummo. It's commonly referred to as a stay-at-home trade for its shares, a company that has done well during the pandemic.

The market cap of Spotify gives Ek options for borrowing money to buy Arsenal, which personally I don't like. I would much rather he clubbed together with a few other billionaires and bought us with cash.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just saw the report.......fucking unbelievable news :barscarf:

It’s one thing trying to force an owner out when there’s no potential buyer waiting in the wings but now that people can see a clear exit strategy for the wig wearing c.unt then the pressure will intensify in the effort to get rid of the bastard.

The fans don’t want him, there is a buyer good to go, NOW FUCK OFF OUT OF OUR CLUB :barscarf:

Can only see the protests ramping up now with this news.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OH! My Dear God PLEASE!!! Let this be True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9F_6jlqqfs