Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

the playing mantis

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by the playing mantis »

he should be non committal/vague or say nothing. not staunchly defend them like this. its in his interests for them to remain.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 am
augie wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:08 am
Watery useless c.unt of a manager who knows that any decent and ambitious owner would throw his basque arse out of the club on the spot :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -relations
What would you expect him say? :lol:

Nothing - honestly I think he should be telling the media that he is there to talk about the game and that anything off the pitch is nothing to do with him. Even at a push if he said something along the lines of the owners being committed and having big plans, I could understand, but to come out sputing shite about what great people the kroenkes are ?? Please do one you c.unt (not you clummo :wink: )

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:54 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 am
augie wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:08 am
Watery useless c.unt of a manager who knows that any decent and ambitious owner would throw his basque arse out of the club on the spot :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -relations
What would you expect him say? :lol:

Nothing - honestly I think he should be telling the media that he is there to talk about the game and that anything off the pitch is nothing to do with him. Even at a push if he said something along the lines of the owners being committed and having big plans, I could understand, but to come out sputing shite about what great people the kroenkes are ?? Please do one you c.unt (not you clummo :wink: )
He'd be out of job then so he wouldn't say anything of the sort. Sadly. :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Some reports today that, hierarchy at the club aren't happy and he could be sacked if he fails to land elge.
There will be fans dissatisfaction towards both Arteta and the Kroenkes in the lead up to next season.
Arteta could well be sacrificed in order to take pressure off the Kroenkes!
Downside is, the Roma manager is being mooted as a possible replacement, he himself is under pressure after an unconvincing season in serie A.

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:46 pm
Some reports today that, hierarchy at the club aren't happy and he could be sacked if he fails to land elge.
There will be fans dissatisfaction towards both Arteta and the Kroenkes in the lead up to next season.
Arteta could well be sacrificed in order to take pressure off the Kroenkes!
Downside is, the Roma manager is being mooted as a possible replacement, he himself is under pressure after an unconvincing season in serie A.

I did suggest that the other day - I would be very happy with that regardless of their motive

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

This name, his future, depends on what happens over the next two, maybe three games.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Reports from Italy are saying that Fonseca is soon to be sacked and replaced by the pikey Sarri.

Just a load of bullshit journalist speculation to fill column inches to say we're contemplating Fonseca.

I still have a gut feeling that Arteta will go if we get ousted by Unai's yellow submarine.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:04 pm
I suspect the wolves manager will leave them in the summer - the old "taken them as far as he can" adage springs to mind. Again he wouldnt be my first choice if arteta was sacked, but no doubt he would be a massive upgrade on pep's cone boy
I reckon he'll be taking over from Ryan Mason.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If we are looking for a manager to replace Arteta, I'll throw in Nico Kovac's name in the hat. He's got a decent record 55% win rate, and currently sitting 3rd in ligue 1 with Monaco. He did well with Eintract Frankfurt and Bayern Munich. He's certainly turned Monaco from relegation candidates to having a shot of winning the title with 5 games remaining.
Last edited by Nos89 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:51 pm
If we are looking for a manager to replace Arteta, I'll throw in Nico Kovac's name in the hat. He's got a decent record 55% win rate, and currently sitting 3rd in ligue 1 with Monaco. He did well with Eintract Frankfurt and Bayern Munich. He's certainly turned Monaco from relegation candidates to having a shot of winning the title with 5 games remaining.
He wasn't a popular appointment at Bayern and had a bit of a mixed bag performance whilst there. Only lasted 2 seasons didn't he?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 pm
Nos89 wrote:
He wasn't a popular appointment at Bayern and had a bit of a mixed bag performance whilst there. Only lasted 2 seasons didn't he?
After completing the domestic double with them. Not sure the reason why he fell out of favour. Knows how to organise a team to challenge for the league. Was Bayern's manager when they beat Spurs 7-1. As good as credentials as you need.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:12 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
After completing the domestic double with them. Not sure the reason why he fell out of favour. Knows how to organise a team to challenge for the league. Was Bayern's manager when they beat Spurs 7-1. As good as credentials as you need.
Also lost 5-1 at home to Frankfurt amongst other indifferent performances though.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:28 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Also lost 5-1 at home to Frankfurt amongst other indifferent performances though.
Yes, and your point is?
Over 3 seasons won Frankfurt from 18th to 6th winning them a first trophy in 26 years. Completed a domestic clean sweep with Munich in his only full season, taking over from Guardiola. Turning Monaco round from relegation fodder to title contenders with no budget. Certainly, within the scope and budget we're gonna have next season.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:47 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:28 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Yes, and your point is?
Over 3 seasons won Frankfurt from 18th to 6th winning them a first trophy in 26 years. Completed a domestic clean sweep with Munich in his only full season, taking over from Guardiola. Turning Monaco round from relegation fodder to title contenders with no budget. Certainly, within the scope and budget we're gonna have next season.
My point is that I don't rate him. Just my opinion. 8)

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Knowing our board, we'd end up with Mourinho. :roll: :lol: