Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by goonersid »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:10 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm
Fair play to utd fans, message well sent to Glaziers to "fuck off" and on a day they could have lorded it over the mouser vermin filth bastard c u n t s!
We need to do the same!!
Minus the general civil disturbance and overturned cars though. :roll:
I live in Derry! Believe me this is peaceful protest! :lol:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Knowing our luck, we'll probably end up with new owners that will make the Venkys seems like Bayern Munich's owners :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:51 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:59 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 pm
Ironically Kroenke with the business empire in his family could comfortably contribute what is required to bring back the glory days. And I am old school, always said you can't buy success well those days have gone now. If you have the money anything is possible.
Yeah but he's never going to do that is he?, he's a asset, land and venue hoarding prick who owns a string of mediocre sports franchises, of which Arsenal are just another one now.

You can quite obviously buy success - look at the CL semi's line up - all 4 clubs effectively finanically doped, especially P$G, City and Chavs but even RM have been bailed out by the state a number of times in the past.

Football is f*cked but it would at least be nice to have an owner who gives a sh1t and in that regard anything is better than these American pricks who just collect clubs like some sort of property portfolio.

Burn 'em out if required.. :censored: :censored:
Of course, Kroenke won't ever spend the money required. My point is do we accept someone who clearly hasn't got the finances, it will take a huge loan to pay wiggy off and rebuild the team. It's very easy to say any billionaire will do without looking at things in more detail.

Spotify's share price fell 12% the other day (more than the value of our club), to say the company is overvalued is an understatement and Ek will be using his business interests as collateral to buy Arsenal. This is exactly what the Glazers did with manure, and they are still seriously in debt.
Actually the Glazers didn't use their business interests as collateral. It was a leveraged takeover. They didn't actually put their hands into their own pockets to complete the purchase, instead the majority of the loans were secured against the club's assets and some PIK loans sold onto hedge funds.

You are right about the debt - manure are still paying over £60million a year in interest alone so that the Glazers could buy them! Last I read they were still £450million in debt just from the takeover.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Man Utd fans what a bunch of *word censored*. I couldn't give a fuck about their self-righteous club, but to behave like they did yesterday injure some police officers (one with glass wounds) was bang out of order. It also detracts from the movement by fans to put their owner's feet to the fire. This morning the focus will be on breaking into the ground and storming the pitch over the Glazers and the way they run the club.

I believe we have another protest planned for Thursday, we need to make sure that nothing similar happens or the momentum against the Kroenke's will be lost.

Herd

Post by Herd »

All revolutions are by their very nature violent ,i couldn't give a shit about a GMP copper getting it they are a scumbag police force who from what could see were hell bent on confrontation !
My only regret is that they didn't get into the sky rooms and give it to them as well !
Theres loads of articles about Kroenke being willing to sell but il believe that only when I seen it ,this spotify shit is pretty contrived !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 am
All revolutions are by their very nature violent ,i couldn't give a shit about a GMP copper getting it they are a scumbag police force who from what could see were hell bent on confrontation !
My only regret is that they didn't get into the sky rooms and give it to them as well !
Theres loads of articles about Kroenke being willing to sell but il believe that only when I seen it ,this spotify shit is pretty contrived !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaNNd64 ... aReporters

Yeah, it looks like it Herd. I've got mates in Manchester and there is worse footage going around. No coppers provoking, just backing off under a barrage of missiles/bottles.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Problem with all small clips you don't know what happened b4 looks like they are cowering there ,gmp are extremely violent and get away with a so im not losing any sleep over them .
What will be funny though is if the FA charge mufc or uefa bans mufc from europe !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:
Exactly - which is why all the silly banners and letters of discontent don't count for shit. I listened to Souness yesterday and you could tell he had been proper shitting it, as the others tried to hide behind the 'mostly peaceful' shit he said how a full beer can and a flare had been chucked up at the gantry.

Agree with your last sentence as well mate. Football is full of stories about failed takeovers and I'm sure there's a publicity angle behind most of it. Remember Michael Knighton juggling the ball on the pitch before the plastic Mancs turned us over up there? The Barcodes have had more aborted takeovers than we've had home defeats under Arteta! I'll believe it when the sale is confirmed. As I said before if I allow myself to think it might happen the hope will kill me!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:48 am
Man Utd fans what a bunch of *word censored*. I couldn't give a fuck about their self-righteous club, but to behave like they did yesterday injure some police officers (one with glass wounds) was bang out of order. It also detracts from the movement by fans to put their owner's feet to the fire. This morning the focus will be on breaking into the ground and storming the pitch over the Glazers and the way they run the club.

I believe we have another protest planned for Thursday, we need to make sure that nothing similar happens or the momentum against the Kroenke's will be lost.
collateral damage
unfortunate but as Herd says it is unavoidable when you are trying to change things.

look at the bigger demos in this country - I went on the anti Brexit marches with a million people, the anti war marches with even more.
totally peaceful - they achieved fuck all.

poll tax riots however were more successful i seem to remember

if it is true that there is another protest planned at Arsenal on Thursday that is disgraceful by the way - a few people stamping their feet outside the Emirates like the other week will achieve nothing apart from put the players off, in which is the biggest game of the season.

co ordinated action on matchdays from next season only hope to get Kroenkes out.

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 am
Herd wrote:
Exactly - which is why all the silly banners and letters of discontent don't count for shit. I listened to Souness yesterday and you could tell he had been proper shitting it, as the others tried to hide behind the 'mostly peaceful' shit he said how a full beer can and a flare had been chucked up at the gantry.

Agree with your last sentence as well mate. Football is full of stories about failed takeovers and I'm sure there's a publicity angle behind most of it. Remember Michael Knighton juggling the ball on the pitch before the plastic Mancs turned us over up there? The Barcodes have had more aborted takeovers than we've had home defeats under Arteta! I'll believe it when the sale is confirmed. As I said before if I allow myself to think it might happen the hope will kill me!
A revolution would be all the owners kicked out penniless, or the structure of all European clubs being brought into line with the Germans. Getting violent with the police won't force that.

As things stand if the likes of the Glazers and Kroenke's decided to sell up it would be with a fat profit. So not a revolution in my book.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thierry on Sky now ,saying Daniel Eks is serious about taking over and trying to buy out Kroenke.

Ek has contacted kroenke ,and by the end of this week will put in an offer of 2billion

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thierry Henry on Ek takeover bid: “I know a lot of people wanted to hear about it, it is true. Daniel is an Arsenal fan. He didn’t say that for any publicity, he is an Arsenal fan for a very long time. He approached us [me, Vieira & Bergkamp], we listened to him.” [MNF] #afc

Henry: “When we knew, first & foremost, he wanted to involve the fans then we met the Arsenal Supporters Trust. We told them what we wanted to do, to bring them back on board, make them part of the meetings & know what’s happening. You need to put the DNA back into the club.”

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

At £2billion he is overpaying for the Club. Kroenke will snap his hand off.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:17 pm
Sky went from 1.8b to 2b in the space of 10mins :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:21 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:17 pm
Sky went from 1.8b to 2b in the space of 10mins :lol:
:lol: