Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

John F

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by John F »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:57 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:25 am
May 2012: Antonio Conte starts Juventus' run of nine straight Scudetti

May 2021: Antonio Conte ends Juventus' run of nine straight Scudetti

Break the bank, offer whatever it takes. Go get him ffs!
The BBQ would be back on if this happened !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Have heard we are after John Conteh.
:D :D

That, or Antonio Conti who runs the ice cream van round our way. Apparently he interviews well and has a detailed dossier on how ice cream will get the best out of the players
Apparently he does the double (cornet) every weekend. Costs £1.99. Flake and hundreds and thousands are extra.
I have heard that he doesn't like Saturday fixtures as he prefers his teams to play on a Sundae

Herd

Post by Herd »

il judge him on thursday night about 10pm

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Herd wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:20 am
il judge him on thursday night about 10pm
I've seen enough to judge him regardless of Thursday night. :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta’s job at Arsenal remains safe and there is expectation that he will now be given extra funds for the next transfer window. [@DeanJonesSoccer]

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 am
Mikel Arteta’s job at Arsenal remains safe and there is expectation that he will now be given extra funds for the next transfer window. [@DeanJonesSoccer]
Yep, wouldn't surprise me if that's true in the least. The professional interviewee has well and truly duped the c.unts that run our club. He'll be here next year regardless of Thursday's result or where we will finish this season

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 am
Might have to take the season off next year. I can't take much more of this always on the back-foot but "it's not acceptable and we need to improve" but don't shit.

I didn't want him when Wenger left, I didn't want him when Emery left, had me duped when we won the FA Cup and this whole season has really shattered that brief glint I had that we might ACTUALLY be improving.

The football equivalent of a snake-oil salesman.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I wonder if Martinez-Lite did a nice presentation to the owners and board and said a lot of words like "plan", "process", and "believe". :roll:

Fuck it maybe he even threw in a good old "internal market" just to ease them into their comfort zones.... :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not a fan but I too don't think he's going to be sacked ,.
This being said I want him to continue to ship out the dross and for the club to invest wisely in the markets but judging who we have acquired during his reign I'm not sure we are capable of doing it ourselves, I think edu is so out of his depth he's drowning yet he and Arteta are the only ones at the club with football knowledge unless you count the BFG.
I'm also at a complete loss to see where we are going and what we are trying to achieve or more importantly how we can compete again in the top four virtual trophy stakes we seem rudderless drifting around .
This term only City are a cut above the rest are dross ,and we are far behind that dross so what to do ?
Sacking Arteta wont change a thing as whatever 2nd rate chump we enlist will face the same knowledge vacuum !
No top coach will touch Arsenal that's for sure, we are a toxic club almost but perhaps not quite as toxic as the swamp dwellers and Geordie maggots !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I agree with that Herd, and toxic is definitely the right word. We are a rudderless ship right now, setting aside the Arteta issue you have to look at the people above him and none of them inspire confidence. As a reasonably decent Manager looking to enhance your career you look for the right set up not just in the playing staff but those running the club who will back you. Wiggy, Josh, Vinai and Edu would not give me any confidence coming in that they are going to step up and give me the backing I need to turn this ship around never mind the funds required :rubchin:

There just seems to be a vacuum in leadership and direction at the club currently, the most obvious example being appointing a complete novice as Manager where an experienced and strong leader is required to steady things and begin to turn it around :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Sweet jesus

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... kel-Arteta

Dunno whether to laugh or cry :lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A chain-smoking serial failure. Brilliant.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 am
Sweet jesus

Dunno whether to laugh or cry :lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry:
Complete tosh mate. Don't fret. :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Independent claim some #Arsenal players are unconvinced by Arteta's in-game management. While others appreciate how assertive he is, there have been some grumbles about an 'occasionally unhelpful arrogance'. https://t.co/uuFNqD9YOf

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 am
Sweet jesus

You can put your knickers back on and laugh you old tart. :lol: :wink: It will never happen. The "Boy Genius" Martinez-Lite has his cock firmly entrenched in Wiggy Racoon Features' throat and is going nowhere. :|

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

conte going to scum!! :(