Potential Takeover

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Potential Takeover

Post by Herd »

I have this nagging feeling that our idiot supporters will indeed protest on thursday and might even try to up the ante !
you say to yourself ,surely nobody is that dumb than i look around and yea ,they are and dont call me shirley !

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone with concerns over the effectiveness, allegiance, and all round independence should be heartened by Arsenal Supporters Trust latest statement ....

"We will engage with anyone who has a serious proposal as it is important any current or future owner is aware of the importance of working with fans. We also continue to seek a constructive and meaningful dialogue with Stan and Josh Kroenke.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

If they do it will be a mistake if they try to get into the stadium and do what happened at United.
Get out side the ground in numbers by all means and protest about Kroenke but as soon as as the match is underway make as much supportive noise that can be heard on the pitch and on the TV.
That is probably too much for them , As with all intended peaceful protest , once it's publicised it gets hi jacked by those with a different agenda.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Oh well the AST are involved so it must be ok, thing is who actually are the AST and who do they actually represent?

Some of you on here are much closer to the club than me and still in normal times go to matches so a simple question to the match going fans, how many of you have ever been canvassed for your opinion and views by AST at the ground? Im genuinely not being facetious here, I want to know whether they ever talk to match day fans outwith their own members

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Herd wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:23 am
I have this nagging feeling that our idiot supporters will indeed protest on thursday and might even try to up the ante !
you say to yourself ,surely nobody is that dumb than i look around and yea ,they are and dont call me shirley !
Without a doubt. Especially in the day of social media, where these muppets want pictures of themselves doing incriminating things for their pages.

It will start normally, end drastically and absolutly kill the message it's trying to put forward.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:35 pm
Oh well the AST are involved so it must be ok, thing is who actually are the AST and who do they actually represent?

Some of you on here are much closer to the club than me and still in normal times go to matches so a simple question to the match going fans, how many of you have ever been canvassed for your opinion and views by AST at the ground? Im genuinely not being facetious here, I want to know whether they ever talk to match day fans outwith their own members
Apparently AISA, AST and silver members all have representation on the fans forum. But none have ever contacted me for my views. Nor provided contact details in the case of silver members.

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/f ... 202021.pdf

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Have heard Ek would offer Wenger a place on the board. Thinks he would add football expertise and obviously he is Arsenal through and through.

Thoughts?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:47 pm
Have heard Ek would offer Wenger a place on the board. Thinks he would add football expertise and obviously he is Arsenal through and through.

Thoughts?
As long as he's not managing the team I think it's only right he should be at the club, as should Tony Adams.
I think a lot of supporters may have changed their minds about Wenger, given how far we've fallen since he left. Although, those of us with a longer attention span than the Tik Tok generation will remember that he was part of the problem that led us here.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

Thoughts?
Any truth to that and I'll have to start being sceptical about the entire thing. Would make Ek appear to be a bit of a JCL fan just trying to recreate the Arsenal of the early 2000's in any way that can be thought of.

What next? Playing keepy uppy in front of the North Bank stand? :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:07 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Thoughts?
Any truth to that and I'll have to start being sceptical about the entire thing. Would make Ek appear to be a bit of a JCL fan just trying to recreate the Arsenal of the early 2000's in any way that can be thought of.

What next? Playing keepy uppy in front of the North Bank stand? :lol:

Should this happen, I'd be quite interested to hear Wanker's thoughts on billionaires and financial doping. I seem to remember he had a few thoughts on the matter but as always with him, when it comes to him getting power and money, suddenly he's not so keen to discuss things.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:21 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:17 pm
At £2billion he is overpaying for the Club. Kroenke will snap his hand off.
Sky went from 1.8b to 2b in the space of 10mins :lol:
The last proper valuation of Arsenal when it was a listed company was £1.86bn.

https://www.aquis.eu/aquis-stock-exchan ... qse=XX.AFC

£2bn is probably around the mark if Kroenke was willing to sell.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

Thoughts?
To be honest I'm so desperate to be shot of wiggy Racoon Features and his bastard offspring I could even accept the Dark Lord Venger returning - once he has absolutely zero input on the playing side, the signing of a new manager, and player signings.

But the more of this stuff that is coming out the more I'm starting to doubt this was ever anything more than maybe an attempt to unsettle the Kroenkes into positive action or, worse, a publicity stunt.... :|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Kroenke (and the other US owners) won't sell. There is still a growing market for the Premier League and they haven't maximised broadcasting revenue yet.
All this issue has done is highlighted the fact that we are all stuck with these owners.
And if I was a billionaire owner I wouldn't budge either!

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:49 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Thoughts?
To be honest I'm so desperate to be shot of wiggy Racoon Features and his bastard offspring I could even accept the Dark Lord Venger returning - once he has absolutely zero input on the playing side, the signing of a new manager, and player signings.

But the more of this stuff that is coming out the more I'm starting to doubt this was ever anything more than maybe an attempt to unsettle the Kroenkes into positive action or, worse, a publicity stunt.... :|

Given our resources, or lack thereof, I have been a strong advocate of building around a young(ish) core and supplemented with some proven quality players in the mid to late 20s - however there is a big difference between me pushing that philosophy due to our spending budget, and an absolute "internal solutions" plan that I suspect the old cock will want. Obviously if spending money was no issue then I would want the balance to be reversed and the majority of our players would be proven quality, but the senile old c.unt has never favoured spending big, as I suspect that his power/personality would see him force his ideas on the club.

Personally, whilst I favour having some former players involved, they have to be the right people and in the right roles and not just appointments for the sake of it - for example, overmars (whilst not my favourite) has experience in a director of football/ceo type of role. Bergkamp has experience as a coach whilst PV4 and Henry are prospective managers, so who fills what roles there ? DD was a rare brred in that he knew how to marry the football and business side of the club, but I doubt if that type of experience is even out there now. I certainly dont want our club to be a sort of reunion for former players that dont have the requisite skills or experience, but I do believe that someone like TA6 should be brought on board before any of the 3 legends currently involved

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 am
Kroenke (and the other US owners) won't sell. There is still a growing market for the Premier League and they haven't maximised broadcasting revenue yet.
All this issue has done is highlighted the fact that we are all stuck with these owners.
And if I was a billionaire owner I wouldn't budge either!

I suspect that you are over-estimating there - football, and in particular the premier league, has gone way beyond saturation point - yes if a club is enjoying success the crowds will be back on board, but by and large grounds are not selling out like before. I hear the same old arguments about the foreign markets being huge, but are they still on the up ? I suspect that at best they have stagnated. Dont under-estimate the effect that the recent supporters civil unrest protests have caused to the image of the premier league and it's big clubs - supporters around the world will be aware that the hopes of any games involving these teams being played in their countries will have greatly reduced by the collapse of the esl. Broadcasters too would have seen their potential financial esl windfall hopes not just dashed for now, but they will also be doubting if there is any prospect of it happening again anytime soon.