Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thynker

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Thynker »

So do we want in instead of Arteta?

There's no excusing lack of effort.
If you're gonna lose, you go down fighting.

Aubameyang is no captain.
Tierney needs made captain.

Gunner Rob

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by Gunner Rob »

Keown basically saying Arteta has to go

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Thynker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:07 pm
So do we want in instead of Arteta?

There's no excusing lack of effort.
If you're gonna lose, you go down fighting.

Aubameyang is no captain.
Tierney needs made captain.
I would rather have Karen Carney as manager

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Lose a semi final just numb to this club we are a shambles a couple of good young players being asked to carry the team.

Would of got another hiding like Baku in the final deserved to go out poor both legs on the manager.

Do well to shift 10k tickets for the Brighton game as anyone thinking of going needs their head tested.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Would have rather lost 2 nil trying than go out like that.

Just went out with a whimper, barley tried a leg.

The only positive from tonight is that it saves us the trauma of a mauling against united in the final because that would have been grim.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Arteta isn't going anywhere lads - I will be stunned if he gets canned

In the same way he is wedded to Willian and Partey, this board are wedded to him....so desperate are they to be proved right that Emery was totally to blame and we had found a new Messiah
He will be sacked stevo!! Mark my words!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The worst part about it is that Villarreal weren't even tested. Over two games.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

In the same way he is wedded to Willian and Partey, this board are wedded to him....so desperate are they to be proved right that Emery was totally to blame and we had found a new Messiah
Huge focus on Kroenke now until Arteta goes - he will go

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Only 57 Sid , your only warming up . I'm 73 and reckon that I've had my time , you've got years of suffering left before it turns round again.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
They dragged their keeper out of the local youth club and even dressed him in lost property for the first game

He will probably never have 180 minutes so easy in his life

A single penalty from Pepe is all we managed

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
We played no striker in the away leg and didn’t even turn up for home tie. They’re absolute shit but didn’t even need to break sweat to go through.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I watched Man CIty and Chelsea the past two nights and they dominated European giants..

We've struggled against Olympiakos, Benfica, Villareal.... absolute 2nd rate teams

Slow, sideways and backwards football have been so frequent this season, time and again our first half performances have been absolute dirt.
There's too many players at the club - we need to cull half of them and get youngsters in.

Things started to go wrong when Martinez was sold.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

There was talk the other day of him being excited by the Summer plans and working with Edu. Those two c.unts will be allowed to carry on weaving their magic spell

Forget any talk about Don Howe or Bruce Rioch. This imposter c.unt is in a league of his own when it comes to shitness

People might mock my predictions of being in a relegation threat but we had six games that spared us when he was forced to play kids owing to injuries. Barring that we are a bottom six club

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

On a par with Liverpool at home for the worst performance in a season liberally sprinkled with many others.

Tonight just shades it though because we knew we had to score 1 goal at the very least and didn't even give it a go.

Arteta will go I have no doubt as this competition was the only thing keeping him hanging on.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Thynker wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 pm
Things started to go wrong when Martinez was sold.
Things started to wrong in 2007 when Stan Kroenke first bought shares in Arsenal.