Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
scotgooner

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by scotgooner »

FCUK Arsenal , feel less of a man even supporting such a bunch of pathetic loser freak *word censored**s

rodders999

Re: Night Fever hair v The best Europa league manager of all time KO 8PM Thurs May 6th

Post by rodders999 »

I know that DB loves my top 3 manger replacement lists but I’m fucked if I can make one considering who’s available.

Nagelsmann would have been my first choice but he’s just been gobbbled up by Bayern.

Allegri.....has he fallen off the face of the earth or what? Hasn’t been linked with any of the jobs that have come up since he left Juve and doesn’t seem to have any desire to get back in the game.

Besides him you’re looking at a complete left field appointment and I’m fucked if I know who it might be.

Rafa?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Give it Arsene till the end of the season :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Allegri.....has he fallen off the face of the earth or what? Hasn’t been linked with any of the jobs that have come up since he left Juve and doesn’t seem to have any desire to get back in the game.

Was a rumour we 'talked' to him before Emery but when he heard the budget he was like 'fvck that'. Sounds about right.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:

Was a rumour we 'talked' to him before Emery but when he heard the budget he was like 'fvck that'. Sounds about right.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I was working all day today from 6:00am to 10pm as a Poll Clerk for the Vote and at first I thought Damn I'm going to miss THE Game, but having just got in to learn of the outcome - I haven't ventured into the comments on this thread as I am angry enough as it is, but all I can say is:

Firstly I am just relieved I Did miss the game
and
Secondly FUCKOFFF FARTETA :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mate, Eddie Howe would be a better appointment. So would Sean Dyche. So would Daniel Farke

In fact scroll down the tables and try and find a worse manager

Conte is the man we need but we won't get him. A mid table team needs a man for the times

All of the ones above have a track record. C.unt chops has none

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Extremely disappointed with tonight. Thought we'd give it more of a go.
Arteta looked like a manager who knows he's just lost his job.
I don't mind being out of European competition for a season, we've had a 26 year run. Longest run of any English club since we've returned to Europe in 1990.
It's not like it's been a successful 26 years in Europe.
We need a decent manager. The players are already at the club. Obviously, need to finish the clear out of Wenger's signings, then next season will be the beginning of a new era.
Tonight has finally seen the end of the Wenger years.

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
I know that DB loves my top 3 manger replacement lists but I’m fucked if I can make one considering who’s available.

Nagelsmann would have been my first choice but he’s just been gobbbled up by Bayern.

Besides him you’re looking at a complete left field appointment and I’m fucked if I know who it might be.

Rafa?
Knowing our clueless board it will be someone like Gerrard or Henry.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Appalling beyond belief.

Personally I thought the starting line-up was wrong, but even so.....it was Villareal, not Barcelona. And it is embarrassing to hear Smith Rowe described in the commentary as the 'Croydon De Bruyne', I bet he cringes when he hears that. He's a good player but probably would not start in any other top 10 PL team.

For those of us who pay £1000+ per season as Gold members, there's going to be an interesting decision shortly. The season ticket includes seven cup ties, but excluding the Carabao. Would the Board now have the absolute gall to include the Carabao matches as part of the seven?

Anyway, if there's any positives it's surely that Arteta is now finito. Hope so anyway.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 pm
Mate, Eddie Howe would be a better appointment. So would Sean Dyche. So would Daniel Farke

In fact scroll down the tables and try and find a worse manager

Conte is the man we need but we won't get him. A mid table team needs a man for the times

All of the ones above have a track record. C.unt chops has none
He took over at chelski who had finished 10th and no European football after winning the league with Juventus. KSE need to pay the big bucks for a world class manager.
Sometimes it happens that an under performing giant club gets a manager its history deserves.
We got the manager our owners would only pay for, not the one a club with the stature of The Arsenal deserve.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

We could start with playing ESR as our 10.
He shouldn't be shoved out wide to accommodate Odegaard who is a much less dynamic player.

WTF is wrong with Partey? Can't hold on to the ball!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Keown going for the jugular tonight , Freddie more subtle but same message .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What makes it worse is the shit coming from his mouth about appalling luck with injuries and being the best team

Who was injured? So Auba had malaria and Tierney missed the first game

In fairness to Wenger and Dick they had horrendous luck with injuries with usually seven or eight out at once and normally two or three of them being year long injuries. This prick has had it better

As for being the best side - fuck me. We were outrageously lucky to escape only 2-1 down over there. The softest penalty imaginable when we should already have been 3 or 4 down

Tonight - barely mustered a shot against that crap keeper

If he genuinely thinks we deserved to win he's even more clueless than I thought

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:

Rafa?
Reports from Italy saying that Juve are considering bringing Allegri back and allowing him to perform the revolution that he wanted and the club wouldn't allow. That was the reason he left apparently.

So that's a name we could strike off our list potentially.

Plus our mob didn't like him anyway. :roll: