Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

SteveO 35

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dream on everyone

El Beige has well and truly duped the bunch of mugs that own and run our club. I can see him and Edu given more money to spunk up the wall on whoever Kia Joorabchian is hawking around this Summer

We all need to be grateful for the 2 FA Cup performances against Chelsea and Man City for the next 5 years and let mister 'trust the process' tell us for the next 250 games how we're nowhere near the standard he requires without actually doing anything to correct it

I wonder if the Kroenkes are aware that we just lost in the Europa Pub league and have no European football for the first time in a generation

John F

Post by John F »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:28 am
Tbh I don't want mickey sacked. If he goes it means that kse is still not really thinking of selling. Why would they pay him out 5mil or so if in a few weeks this shit show is not there problem
Exactly right it is not just Arteta but his entire team including the ex wally with a brolly assistant Round.Why would they bother if they are intending to ship out.Even if they do stay they will look at ways to reduce the failure payment and delay the decision.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Tbh I don't want mickey sacked. If he goes it means that kse is still not really thinking of selling. Why would they pay him out 5mil or so if in a few weeks this shit show is not there problem
that is a very good point.
Arteta please stay!

Herd

Post by Herd »

After last nights lame effort we might as well appoint tony pullis or barry fry or my mother in law !
I've never seen such a listless performance in my life for a euro semi final ,but lets face it we have seen plenty of these in the league this term.
Poor team selection ,no tactics whatsoever unless you include playing rush goalies for 10 mins ,he has nothing to offer !
The only good thing is that most of the rats will now want to leave the sinking ship which suits me fine ¬1

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

.@David_Ornstein : "Arsenal (hierarchy) seem to think that Arteta is a part of the solution, not a key part of the problem." [@SkySportsNews]

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 am
.@David_Ornstein : "Arsenal (hierarchy) seem to think that Arteta is a part of the solution, not a key part of the problem." [@SkySportsNews]

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fucking Ornstein has been reading the Gooner forum again and trying to sell this shit as his idea. :censored:

:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sources have told ESPN that the Arsenal hierarchy are disappointed with the end to the campaign but remain keen to continue supporting Mikel Arteta.
[@JamesOlley]

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wouldn't expect anything less from owners that don't give a shit about on-field performances.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta's odds to leave Arsenal have been slashed overnight following Europa league exit to Villarreal., Max Allegri is the favorite to take over as next Arsenal manager, with Betfred offering odds of 13/5 for the Italian. [@MailSport]

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

We have the equivalent of Keir Starmer as our manager. No-one knows what he is trying to achieve, and he is going backwards.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:23 am
Sources have told ESPN that the Arsenal hierarchy are disappointed with the end to the campaign but remain keen to continue supporting Mikel Arteta.
[@JamesOlley]

Honestly if they stick with this fool, then the anger at them will only increase - there has been widespread accusations that the owners dont give a shit about winning and wont commit financially to help us win, so how can the owners refute that and still hang on to this c.unt as manager ??

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"This has to be a watershed moment. Even the cùnt that owns our club and his cùnt offspring that runs it cannot let it continue as it is. It's not only the fact that we were eliminated but also the way we were eliminated.

I fully expect the announcement thanking Arteta for his services in the next few days." (Clummo)

I was thinking the same thing, but !! I think SHB makes a very astute point
subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
So if they don't sack him :

a: the anger of the fans just goes up several notches - as will the protests and the ceasing of buying any merchandise; I mean how long before they launch the New Kits and all the other money grabbing stuff...Sorry Rodders you'll have to do without that nice Yellow & Blue Retro top ....

b: It also means that maybe just Maybe there's a chance they might do a deal and sell the club to spunkify etc and not want to rock the boat further before they do?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

What I don’t get is the basic disregard for principles of transfer strategy. We have gone from refusing to give Bergkamp longer than a 1 year deal once he was 30+ to signing up Willian for 3 years on £200k per week. We are signing crap on free transfers on huge wages (Kolasinac) and at the same time letting decent talent leave on frees (Ramsey). If I was an independent owner watching what the management team were wasting my money on I would have them investigated for fraud. Something is not right. How have we ended up with the squad we have having spent nigh on £500m assembling it? We can’t start an overhaul as they are all on too much money. What the fuck has been going on? It is either staggering incompetence or fraud.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 pm
What I don’t get is the basic disregard for principles of transfer strategy. We have gone from refusing to give Bergkamp longer than a 1 year deal once he was 30+ to signing up Willian for 3 years on £200k per week. We are signing crap on free transfers on huge wages (Kolasinac) and at the same time letting decent talent leave on frees (Ramsey). If I was an independent owner watching what the management team were wasting my money on I would have them investigated for fraud. Something is not right. How have we ended up with the squad we have having spent nigh on £500m assembling it? We can’t start an overhaul as they are all on too much money. What the fuck has been going on? It is either staggering incompetence or fraud.

I am sorry but Enough is Enough!!! I mean how very dare you??? Comparing Willian the Walking Wheelchair to Denis (aka: God!) Bergkamp! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :wink: :wink: