Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

GoonerMuzz

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by GoonerMuzz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 pm
What I don’t get is the basic disregard for principles of transfer strategy. We have gone from refusing to give Bergkamp longer than a 1 year deal once he was 30+ to signing up Willian for 3 years on £200k per week. We are signing crap on free transfers on huge wages (Kolasinac) and at the same time letting decent talent leave on frees (Ramsey). If I was an independent owner watching what the management team were wasting my money on I would have them investigated for fraud. Something is not right. How have we ended up with the squad we have having spent nigh on £500m assembling it? We can’t start an overhaul as they are all on too much money. What the fuck has been going on? It is either staggering incompetence or fraud.
Because our owner hasn't a clue and appoints people who are yes men and tell him exactly what he needs to hear to keep him happy.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Cowards. As I said, I loath Chelsea but Abramovic at least makes the right calls for his club. He had the balls to change managers and sack one of the club's greatest ever legends after a few dodgy results. Fortune favours the brave.

augie

Post by augie »

Good to see all crossy (c.unt) still has the club's cock firmly down his throat :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... n=sharebar

Richard Garlick. Mikel’s new comfort blanket.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I can't stomach watching unbalanced, backwards football or seeing that man on the touch line ANYMORE! I can't do it.

I loath the fact that our fan base WANTED this assisted coach to replace Wenger. I loath that they got their wish when Emery got sacked. I loath watching an entire seasons worth of football where we start games on the back foot. I loath watching an out-of-depth manager get an unlimited supply of free-passes to fuck things up. I loath 3/4 of the team. I loath the spineless leadership in the club. I loath the board. I loath the owner.

Most of all, I loath the fact that none of it will change.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:04 pm
Cowards. As I said, I loath Chelsea but Abramovic at least makes the right calls for his club. He had the balls to change managers and sack one of the club's greatest ever legends after a few dodgy results. Fortune favours the brave.

Every Chelsea manager knows they have to deliver or else its part of the job description. While Roman sacked top managers Mourinho Ancelotti and Conte who won titles for him we stuck with Wenger for 10 years past his sell by date. We have been in 10th place virtually all season Roman wouldnt have put up with Chelsea being 10th for a week.When Lumpard was sacked Chelsea were 9th.We need a ruthless owner who is not afraid to fire a manager for failure.Bayern PSG and Chelsea have all sacked their managers this season and expect Juventus to follow suit.10th place Arsenal still have our failure in chief in charge :cussing:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mail say Mikel Arteta is under increasing pressure to transform #Arsenal's fortunes following their feeble European exit to Villarreal, but is expected to be given until the start of next season.
https://t.co/PRhZiSTXXY

It is understood the #Arsenal hierarchy are not convinced that an immediate change in their managerial position is necessary, with the unusual circumstances of this Covid hit season providing some mitigation. https://t.co/ADbfBykbXx

But the Gunners board are said to be disappointed at the way the club's season has developed during Arteta's first full campaign in charge & want to see significant improvements from the start of next term. #Arsenal https://t.co/OTX5zZT1yK

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:21 pm
The Mail say Mikel Arteta is under increasing pressure to transform #Arsenal's fortunes following their feeble European exit to Villarreal, but is expected to be given until the start of next season.

It is understood the #Arsenal hierarchy are not convinced that an immediate change in their managerial position is necessary, with the unusual circumstances of this Covid hit season providing some mitigation. https://t.co/ADbfBykbXx

But the Gunners board are said to be disappointed at the way the club's season has developed during Arteta's first full campaign in charge & want to see significant improvements from the start of next term. #Arsenal https://t.co/OTX5zZT1yK
The Covid season being the reason he's actually still in the job now and wasn't hounded out around Christmas.

Fuck them. If they want to deteriorate and continue to lose money then who am I to complain? Go ahead, stick with the man who's taking your ship down. Don't moan when your business loses its value.

Pricks.

shu

Post by shu »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

The Covid season being the reason he's actually still in the job now and wasn't hounded out around Christmas.

Fuck them. If they want to deteriorate and continue to lose money then who am I to complain? Go ahead, stick with the man who's taking your ship down. Don't moan when your business loses its value.

Pricks.
And I keep saying the same, COVID stopped him being sacked at Xmas 100%

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

shu wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:34 pm
Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Pricks.
And I keep saying the same, COVID stopped him being sacked at Xmas 100%
All this COVID bullshit really rankles with me.....like we are the only fucking team it has affected.

Our home atmosphere is a pile of ***** anyway, and for the first time ever there have been more away wins than home wins, so its the same for everyone.

How can the board use it as a defence???

As is said above though, let them back this helmet with more cash to spunk on Kia's journeymen this Summer and take the whole fucking ship down

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

There are grumbles behind the scenes about Arteta’s man-management, with the suggestion being that his external communication to the media, to the executives is more impressive than the communication with some of his players. [@SamJDean]

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 pm
There are grumbles behind the scenes about Arteta’s man-management, with the suggestion being that his external communication to the media, to the executives is more impressive than the communication with some of his players. [@SamJDean]
We have a winner!

augie

Post by augie »

Fri May 07, 2021 3:16 pm
I can't stomach watching unbalanced, backwards football or seeing that man on the touch line ANYMORE! I can't do it.

I loath the fact that our fan base WANTED this assisted coach to replace Wenger. I loath that they got their wish when Emery got sacked. I loath watching an entire seasons worth of football where we start games on the back foot. I loath watching an out-of-depth manager get an unlimited supply of free-passes to fuck things up. I loath 3/4 of the team. I loath the spineless leadership in the club. I loath the board. I loath the owner.

Most of all, I loath the fact that none of it will change.

:bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I've always felt the club is just a trough for players, managers and the owners to feed off, & the fans keep filling it.

I still cant believe people actually buy the merchandise and go to games. Im from Sydney so attending matches is out of the option, but I would buy the jersey every second year & maybe some other Arsenal gear to show my support. But I haven't spent anything on Arsenal at all these last few years.

Im really rubbed the wrong way at the fact tickets prices to matches are of the most expensive in Europe yet we are dwindling midtable & wont be in Europe at all next season. I know supporting a team isnt like being a consumer where if the product is shit you go elsewhere. The idea of the 'real' fan is to support through thick and thin, but the club rely on this to keep milking match going fans. Now wonder Stan loves Arsenal as an investment, now matter performance or end product the revenue never dries up. On AFTV they all have the newest kit, whilst Ty is a walking billboard for the club - they buy plane tickets to go to away games and pay through the roof to see the home games. Wouldn't surprise me is this type of fan spends 5,000 pounds a year. And it all ends up in the players pockets, or builds up Stans equity.

Stop spending money on the club. Instead of spending 50 or 60 pounds on the kit, get a nice jacket instead. The direction this club has taken post 2006 has been pretty ridiculous. The decline has been steady but it really accelerated these past two years & midtable is not the floor. We can go even lower to 12-15th before actually finding ourselves flirting with relegation. Why give complete unconditional support to a club that treats you like an actual dickhead? If you dont want to give your spot up in the season ticket queue or matchdays are too much to let go, fine, but bare minimum you should attend matches in neutral clothing. Unlike Ty, the walking talking billboard