Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by rodders999 »

:lol:

Fuck that, I made the cheque directly out to Josh :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck you lot I’m going buying it :barscarf:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:19 am

So much for fans boycotting merchandise to get the Kroenke's out. Here you are Stan take my money spend it on that stadium for the LA Rams :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

It looks more like a T-shirt than a football shirt tbh.

Still better than all fùcking blue though!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Who am I to tell people what not to buy but surely it makes no sense to want wiggy out but yet still line his pockets by buying club merchandise

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:18 am

You should print out that photo rodders cos if pep's cone boy is in charge for next season then martinelli will be off this summer methinks

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I think people vastly overestimate how much revenue kit sales bring to a club. Adidas give us 60 million lids per season on the shirt deal, that's regardless of whether a single jersey is sold or not. Even with jersey sales thrown in, the commission clubs get is usually piss poor, somewhere in the region of 7-10% per shirt - if that.

The vast, vast majority of money spent on kits (or any adidas Arsenal gear for that matter) goes directly back to the manufacturer - they gotta make their 60 million quid back after all. Do you lot think they've been releasing all them glorious 90's reissues because they've just been feeling a little nostalgic? Like fuck they have, they want maximum return on their £300m investment.

Sure a mass boycott could have adidas think about pulling the plug after the 5 year deal ends and maybe the valuation of the next deal decreases (debatable mind as we're a massive club with a huge fan base so will always be attractive to the big brands - I'd say Nike would be all over a deal that would have them re-issuing the invincible era gear for starters) but if you think that not buying adidas merch will hurt the club financially then you're sadly mistaken.

Boycott the games, refuses to renew memberships/season tickets - that's the pain that really hurts them in the pocket.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:19 am

We're going to be battling relegation in style! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 pm
I think people vastly overestimate how much revenue kit sales bring to a club. Adidas give us 60 million lids per season on the shirt deal, that's regardless of whether a single jersey is sold or not. Even with jersey sales thrown in, the commission clubs get is usually piss poor, somewhere in the region of 7-10% per shirt - if that.

The vast, vast majority of money spent on kits (or any adidas Arsenal gear for that matter) goes directly back to the manufacturer - they gotta make their 60 million quid back after all. Do you lot think they've been releasing all them glorious 90's reissues because they've just been feeling a little nostalgic? Like fuck they have, they want maximum return on their £300m investment.

Sure a mass boycott could have adidas think about pulling the plug after the 5 year deal ends and maybe the valuation of the next deal decreases (debatable mind as we're a massive club with a huge fan base so will always be attractive to the big brands - I'd say Nike would be all over a deal that would have them re-issuing the invincible era gear for starters) but if you think that not buying adidas merch will hurt the club financially then you're sadly mistaken.

Boycott the games, refuses to renew memberships/season tickets - that's the pain that really hurts them in the pocket.

STOP Making excuses Rodders. I agree it is a wonderful looking top - and I'm certain would look very sexy on you as you climb out of the bubbly, frothy Bath BUT! If IF you must buy it/one then get one of the indistinguishable knock offs down Portobello Rd, Greenwich Market, Brixton Village or Camden Market - All equally as good a LOT Cheaper and you know you'll be helping to feed a family of 14 in Ding Lan Son! Whose 8 yr old one handed son does 56 hr weeks for a tenth the price you'll pay for said item...AND Not one penny will go into Wiggy's pockets.

:proudtosay:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I know what you’re saying One Bard but the only point I was trying to make was that most people think that when they hand over 60 quid for a football shirt that all that money goes straight back to the club when in fact if they see 6 quid out of it they’re doing well. 90%+ of the financial relationship between club and manufacturer gets done when they sign up with sales being the manufacturers way of profiting from the deal.

Of course it’s everyone’s personal choice to do whatever the fuck they want, but if you think that boycotting adidas gear has anything other than a minuscule effect on the club’s coffers you are massively mistaken - it’s basically adidas you’re boycotting and if that’s your thing by all means fill your boots.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

“My £50 per season doesn’t matter. It’s a drop in the ocean.”

Multiply that by the million or so Gooners. Do the math as they say.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:13 pm
“My £50 per season doesn’t matter. It’s a drop in the ocean.”

Multiply that by the million or so Gooners. Do the math as they say.
If the 50 quid you’re taking about there is membership renewal money then you’re spot on and as I already suggested above not renewing is the best protest of all as it 100% hits the club directly in the pocket.

Adidas would be ones missing out on £50 if you’re talking about boycotting shirts though.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Let's not get too judgey you cùnts huh?

Everyone to their own.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:59 pm
I know what you’re saying One Bard but the only point I was trying to make was that most people think that when they hand over 60 quid for a football shirt that all that money goes straight back to the club when in fact if they see 6 quid out of it they’re doing well. 90%+ of the financial relationship between club and manufacturer gets done when they sign up with sales being the manufacturers way of profiting from the deal.

Of course it’s everyone’s personal choice to do whatever the fuck they want, but if you think that boycotting adidas gear has anything other than a minuscule effect on the club’s coffers you are massively mistaken - it’s basically adidas you’re boycotting and if that’s your thing by all means fill your boots.

So what you're really saying is you don't give a flying worst about the 8yr old kid and how his hard earned Rupees supports his family of 25 from his hard graft in the sweat shop in Kolkata! :lol:
:wink:

I think Herd would be the expert on this. :wink: