ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by g88ner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:58 pm
Rumours that Edu is about to be sacked!
If he played a leading role in signing Willian & Cedric from his mate Kia, then he certainly deserves to be sacked.

Maybe we’ll go full circle and appoint Sven in the job he wanted :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:36 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
If he played a leading role in signing Willian & Cedric from his mate Kia, then he certainly deserves to be sacked.

Maybe we’ll go full circle and appoint Sven in the job he wanted :rubchin:

And I still say that he suits the dynamic of our club in today's transfer market - buying relatively cheap but hungry players in the early to mid 20s 8) Seeing as I am still in the "I believe in guendouzi" camp, I believe that sven's transfer dealings for us deserve a high grade given the fact that no-one ever gets every signing right

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Where did you hear this ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Check out the usual Arsenal social media outlets.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Where did you hear this ?
Edu was playing American Football with Josh. He got sacked trying to throw a touchdown pass.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rumours that arteta keen on signing Odergaaard.....not sure what the fee would be but can get better for the money

He drifts in and out through the game, neat but with no or little impact to hurt the opposition

Had a good game at West Ham i remember though...Dont Buy

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

With the past transfer history and current management/director structure I'm not sure it is even worth being interested in the transfer window, god knows who will go, who will be kept and who we will buy..... It's like going to the shop back in the day for a 10p mix-up :lol:

I'm not even sure myself, other than DBs mate Clive, Kolasinac, Ceballos and William who else i'd get rid of and who I'd keep :roll:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:44 am
Check out the usual Arsenal social media outlets.
I do , haven't seen anything at all , though he wasn't sitting with Kronke Sunday. I wonder if our new 'accountant's found something to do with the Willian and Cedric deals.....

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Also this on Le Grove

Final word for the Edu story doing the rounds. The gist is he was taking orders from someone banned from Brazilian football for corruption when he was over there. I don’t understand enough detail to give a running commentary, but the basics are pretty clear, he took orders, he knew who from.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Roberto fucking Martinez to the scum :coffeespit:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:10 am
Where did you see this, Rodders? Please let it be true!

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

Honestly I am not dissing you here rodders, but we have pep's cone boy in charge and are in absolutely no place to mock any other clubs appointments. I know many on here dont rate him (midget mod for starters), but he has managed the belgium national team to second in fifa rankings and has a decent managerial cv. When fans point to arteta's fa cup win as a reason to back him, I always point to martinez managing wigan to win the fa cup too, and that was a much bigger achievement
I would go so far as to say that this appointment by the scum would be a much smarter appointment by them than appointing moaninho.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:58 am
rodders999 wrote:

Honestly I am not dissing you here rodders, but we have pep's cone boy in charge and are in absolutely no place to mock any other clubs appointments. I know many on here dont rate him (midget mod for starters), but he has managed the belgium national team to second in fifa rankings and has a decent managerial cv. When fans point to arteta's fa cup win as a reason to back him, I always point to martinez managing wigan to win the fa cup too, and that was a much bigger achievement
I would go so far as to say that this appointment by the scum would be a much smarter appointment by them than appointing moaninho.
You have to quantify Martinez and Belgium with the fact that, at the time, they had their best ever generation of players.

He wasn't great at Swansea and Everton remember.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:18 pm
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

You have to quantify Martinez and Belgium with the fact that, at the time, they had their best ever generation of players.

My point wasnt that he is a great manager .......... just that he is FAR better than what we have got :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:35 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:18 pm
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

My point wasnt that he is a great manager .......... just that he is FAR better than what we have got :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops:
That's comparing apples with pears though mate.

Compare Martinez when he was at Arteta's stage. Just my opinion but the only advantage now is experience.

We'd all argue that most experienced managers are better than we have atm. :lol: