ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:17 pm
augie wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:58 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:10 am
Roberto fucking Martinez to the scum :coffeespit:

Honestly I am not dissing you here rodders, but we have pep's cone boy in charge and are in absolutely no place to mock any other clubs appointments. I know many on here dont rate him (midget mod for starters), but he has managed the belgium national team to second in fifa rankings and has a decent managerial cv. When fans point to arteta's fa cup win as a reason to back him, I always point to martinez managing wigan to win the fa cup too, and that was a much bigger achievement
I would go so far as to say that this appointment by the scum would be a much smarter appointment by them than appointing moaninho.
You are fucking dissing me.....ADMIT IT :wink:

It was a great achievement to win the cup for sure, City shit the bed and got caught with a smash and grab but Wigan left with the trophy and that’s all that matters (however they also got relegated that season and probably won’t ever be back).

His time at Everton was grim before the fans hounded him out and yeah he’s done ok with that unbelievable Belgium team, but you and me (but mostly me) could manage that incredible squad to the latter stages of an international tournament.

I’d be delighted if he gets the scum job because mark my words it will go up in flames before long :barscarf:
Rodders, just ignore augie the bald bastard - he wanted a few well dodgy managers for the Arsenal job over the years! :lol: :wink:

But I sure as shit opposed arteta's appointment - doesnt make me a genius though, cos every c.unt under the sun knew he would be a bad appointment except the decision makers in AFC (useless c.unts :evil: )
As those drug dealing murderous little rapscallions on The Wire would say... "true dat." :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: Brighton are among the clubs interested in a move for Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah this summer. Nketiah is understood to be on the Albion’s attacking shortlist and could be used as part of a move that would see Yves Bissouma go the other way (plus money) #bhafc #ARS

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:49 pm
Exclusive: Brighton are among the clubs interested in a move for Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah this summer. Nketiah is understood to be on the Albion’s attacking shortlist and could be used as part of a move that would see Yves Bissouma go the other way (plus money) #bhafc #ARS
Might not be a bad trade that especially if it froze Clive out.....what am I saying, 'froze Clive out', :roll: :wink:

Just a thought on the CB, he doesnt know his best pair as it is and he wants to add another one. Of course I would expect then that possibly Saliba and one other would be gone :rubchin:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:49 pm
I would be all over that , he's a quality player

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:53 am
gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:58 pm
Rumours that Edu is about to be sacked!
Where did you hear this ?
Edu was playing American Football with Josh. He got sacked trying to throw a touchdown pass.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin:

It’s easier to fool the masses than to convince them that they are being fooled. -Mark Twain

:proudtosay:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arsenal’s new director of football , Richard Garlick, seems determined to make Emi Buendia Arsenal's first signing of the summer, having opened talks over a move. [@MailSport]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mail say #Arsenal have opened talks with Norwich over Emiliano Buendia as they look to head off competition from Aston Villa. https://t.co/jVdNMbRe6Z

There is an acceptance at Norwich that Buendia will leave & #Arsenal’s new director of football Richard Garlick seems determined to make the 24-year old their first signing of the summer. https://t.co/lknNN7ilbU

Discussions have escalated quickly with Norwich eager to avoid a transfer saga dragging on through the summer. The Carrow Road club anticipate offers of around £35m plus add-ons & #Arsenal know Villa have the financial muscle to compete.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:27 pm
Arsenal’s new director of football , Richard Garlick, seems determined to make Emi Buendia Arsenal's first signing of the summer, having opened talks over a move. [@MailSport]
The New Getafe. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:29 pm
The Mail say #Arsenal have opened talks with Norwich over Emiliano Buendia as they look to head off competition from Aston Villa. https://t.co/jVdNMbRe6Z

There is an acceptance at Norwich that Buendia will leave & #Arsenal’s new director of football Richard Garlick seems determined to make the 24-year old their first signing of the summer. https://t.co/lknNN7ilbU

Discussions have escalated quickly with Norwich eager to avoid a transfer saga dragging on through the summer. The Carrow Road club anticipate offers of around £35m plus add-ons & #Arsenal know Villa have the financial muscle to compete.
Remind me why we left Highbury. It was to compete for transfer targets with teams like Aston Villa, wasn't it?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are seriously considering signing Emiliano Buendia. The Arsenal board appreciate him & have started talks with the player’s agent again after opening talks in December. Buendia would accept a move & is now waiting. [@FabrizioRomano] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal and Leicester have been joined by Brighton in £15m Odsonne Edouard transfer race. Arsenal’s interest is understood to be dependent on whether Alexandre Lacazette stays or goes this summer. [@TomBarclay_]

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:53 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:43 pm
Arsenal are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen for centre-back Edmond Tapsoba, who is on top of their list of targets. [@Glongari] #afc https://t.co/mNMJJAbkwc
Good Lord another centre back! :roll: :lol:
We have a cunning plan Edmond......

To the tune of Blackadder

Tapsoba, Topsoba,
We’ve never heard of you,
Tapsoba, Tapsoba,
You’re probably quite poo,

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:13 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:53 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:43 pm
Arsenal are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen for centre-back Edmond Tapsoba, who is on top of their list of targets. [@Glongari] #afc https://t.co/mNMJJAbkwc
Good Lord another centre back! :roll: :lol:
We have a cunning plan Edmond......

To the tune of Blackadder

Tapsoba, Topsoba,
We’ve never heard of you,
Tapsoba, Tapsoba,
You’re probably quite poo,
:lol: :lol:

A plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox.... :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:26 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:27 pm
The New Getafe. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I’ve seen a fair bit of Buendia in highlights of Norwich matches, and to be fair, he looks a very decent player, takes people on, plays some excellent passes and isn’t adverse to having a shot either - he doesn’t appear to be a lightweight easily knocked off the ball either, so as far as I am concerned ehe would be a very good addition.

I am aware that this season was at championship level - but he still would walk into our first eleven in my opinion.