ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Andrew

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Andrew »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:08 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 12:35 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:39 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:26 am
StuartL wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 pm

I’ve seen a fair bit of Buendia in highlights of Norwich matches, and to be fair, he looks a very decent player, takes people on, plays some excellent passes and isn’t adverse to having a shot either - he doesn’t appear to be a lightweight easily knocked off the ball either, so as far as I am concerned ehe would be a very good
I am aware that this season was at championship level - but he still would walk into our first eleven in my opinion.
Was your scouting done whilst watching Anglia news having dinner with your sister? :shock:
asking for a friend :D
You're getting confused with Norfolk. We're quite normal here in West Suffolk. :lol:
just extra fingers and toes then :D
I can't speak for Stu but I'm a Bethnal Green boy originally. I only moved up here 10 years ago. Ten fingers and ten toes only. :lol:

Per hand and foot?

shu

Post by shu »

Now now less of that , just because my neighbour married her cousin, who coincidentally she saw get married when she was a child !!! 😂 (true )

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

shu wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:46 pm
Now now less of that , just because my neighbour married her cousin, who coincidentally she saw get married when she was a child !!! 😂 (true )
When did you move to Dublin mate? :rubchin: :wink: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:19 pm
shu wrote:
:shock:

:box: :box:

:censored:

Woah woah woah motherfucker. That's the culchies you are thinking off, not us civilised Dubliners. We are far too busy shooting and stabbing each other to be marrying our relatives! :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:31 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:19 pm
shu wrote:
:shock:

:box: :box:

:censored:

Woah woah woah motherfucker. That's the culchies you are thinking off, not us civilised Dubliners. We are far too busy shooting and stabbing each other to be marrying our relatives! :lol:
Ah sorry, i thought they went extra fingered hand in hand over the water :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

.@FabrizioRomano: "Willian is leaving the club, I want to confirm that he is 100% leaving the club. At the moment there is nothing going on with other English clubs, but he’s leaving the club 100%, Willian is going to leave" #Arsenal https://t.co/MjzNbUBwlZ

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:43 am
.@FabrizioRomano: "Willian is leaving the club, I want to confirm that he is 100% leaving the club. At the moment there is nothing going on with other English clubs, but he’s leaving the club 100%, Willian is going to leave" #Arsenal https://t.co/MjzNbUBwlZ
Please be true. :barscarf:

But then who the fuck is Fabrizio Romano? Either way if he is lying about this I'm gonna hunt him down and fucking kick the shit out if him. :x

shu

Post by shu »

He owns a pizza place on Highgate Hill and supports Lazio !!!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:05 pm

I like chambers I really do, but I still believe that we need a better right full - no way could I justify spending £40m of an extremely small budget on a back up number 10 when we need a first choice right back AND a first choice number 8 to play alongside partey in midfield
Augie, totally agree we need a new right back but we’ve already got 3 of the fuckers (4 if you include AMN). Signing another isn’t an option surely?

People seem sure we’ll sell Bellerin for decent money. But to who exactly? He’s bang average and on £100k/wk. bang average clubs can’t afford that and talk of PSG & Juve wanting him is laughable.

Same with Cedric. The bloke has 3 years on his £100k/wk contract. Who will buy him?

We can’t keep accumulating right backs so my preference is to make do with Chambers and 1 other (Cedric/Bellerin) and concentrate this summer on signing an 8, 9 and 10.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Too much concentration on defence , we only let in 39 goals in the league . A goal a game is not a bad ratio considering the the pathetic start to the season. However the midfield does not provide and the forwards don't score enough . That's where we need to concentrate.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:16 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:44 am
augie wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:52 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:43 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:48 pm
Can we get Brian Kidd to join our coaching team? As a coach won titles at Blackburn and both Manchester clubs. He's an ex-player so there is a connection there
You're just pulling names out of a hat now mate! :lol: :wink:

Isnt one failed citeeh coach enough to have at the club at any one time ? :roll:
He's been on the coaching staff of 10 premier league title winning teams, plus numerous FA and League cup wins.
It's obvious we're sticking with Arteta, bring in an old experience head to set things up for the backroom staff.

Again I shouldnt need to point out that arteta is proof that being on the coaching staff of a successful manager does not mean you brought much to the table.
Are you suggesting that it is the coaching which is screwing us over with arteta ? I would suggest that his in game management (worst I have ever seen from an Arsenal manager), his complete inability to figure out what his strongest 11 is, his shocking inability to assess players, and of course his treatment of some of the younger players, are all FAR WORSE weaknesses in our set up, and I dont see how bringing in another failed coach turned manager would help us :roll:
That has been said about every manager (bar Pat Rice) since Graham left in 1995. So, easy to dismiss a manager for in-game decisions. Yet, didn't we have the highest number of substitutes coming on and scoring this season?
I'm not convinced by Arteta at all because he's behaving like Pep but without the experience or clout of a multi title winning manager. It's what happened at Ranieri at Chelski.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Matteo Guendouzi has held positive talks with Marseille over a move. [Various] https://t.co/CrQIcvgStC

That will be a blow to some who think this guy will turn into some kind of footballing genius even though he's never showed any previously

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:18 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:05 pm

I like chambers I really do, but I still believe that we need a better right full - no way could I justify spending £40m of an extremely small budget on a back up number 10 when we need a first choice right back AND a first choice number 8 to play alongside partey in midfield
Augie, totally agree we need a new right back but we’ve already got 3 of the fuckers (4 if you include AMN). Signing another isn’t an option surely?

People seem sure we’ll sell Bellerin for decent money. But to who exactly? He’s bang average and on £100k/wk. bang average clubs can’t afford that and talk of PSG & Juve wanting him is laughable.

Same with Cedric. The bloke has 3 years on his £100k/wk contract. Who will buy him?

We can’t keep accumulating right backs so my preference is to make do with Chambers and 1 other (Cedric/Bellerin) and concentrate this summer on signing an 8, 9 and 10.

I agree that we have stockpiled a number of right backs, but if I'm honest I dont think any of them are the required level - amn will go cos he doesnt see him as a right back and el beige doesnt see him as a midfielder. Bellend will go I think, but the transfer fee being banded about, and the clubs being linked with him, are both ridiculous and we will end up getting maybe £10m-£12m for him. Cedric will be the hardest to move on I think - not english so wont hold the same attraction for english clubs (as chambers would for example), and not done enough in his career to prise any type of decent (£8m-£10m) fee from any of europes clubs, so I suspect that we will almost have to give him away to get shot of him.

In my ideal world we sign a proper number 8 (attacking/link centre midfielder) as a priority (Aouar would be my preference but I would be ok with ward prowse). After that my preference would be totally influenced by what we do with existing players - sell laca and I would want a proper number 9, but likewise if leno wants out I would be quite ok selling him and buying a quality keeper. Signing bertrand as back up to tierney would make sense, but if we are not gonna give saliba a proper chance I would want to buy a top quality centre back - holding has never convinced me that he is anything but a decent back up, and I certainly wouldnt be happy with gabriel and mari as our first choice pairing.
Again I will say that I wouldnt buy bissouma unless we are selling at least one of xhaka and partey, and I wouldnt want the guy from norwich - if we had to sign a player in that position, then I would rather sign the young welsh kid (brooks) from bournemouth who is younger and cheaper, and has always impressed me when I seen him play

augie

Post by augie »

Just read an article of football london about our club's interest in signing buendia and came across this absolute beautiful quote

"Despite bolstering his first-team squad last summer with several shrewd additions"

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:28 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:43 am
Please be true. :barscarf:

But then who the fuck is Fabrizio Romano? Either way if he is lying about this I'm gonna hunt him down and fucking kick the shit out if him. :x
I follow him , he's usually pretty near the mark , he's a journalist on TV a lot as well , very credible.