other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by g88ner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:39 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:01 pm
In the grand scheme of things, it matters not one jot. We are miles off, fucking miles off.
This.

i felt very detached watching that tonight.
we are a complete irrelevance at the top level of football these days.

this is the era of Chelsea/City. we are a very small team in comparison.
Yeah, I feel detached too. Worrying about which oil drenched nouveau riche club wins the champions league seems a world away from where Arsenal are at the moment.

Daft thing is, as shit as we are, Chelsea really aren’t that much better than us and yet they’re somehow champions of European whereas we couldn’t even qualify for the fucking conference cup :shock: :?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

g88ner wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:28 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:39 pm
Sat May 29, 2021 9:01 pm
In the grand scheme of things, it matters not one jot. We are miles off, fucking miles off.
This.

i felt very detached watching that tonight.
we are a complete irrelevance at the top level of football these days.

this is the era of Chelsea/City. we are a very small team in comparison.
Yeah, I feel detached too. Worrying about which oil drenched nouveau riche club wins the champions league seems a world away from where Arsenal are at the moment.

Daft thing is, as shit as we are, Chelsea really aren’t that much better than us and yet they’re somehow champions of European whereas we couldn’t even qualify for the fucking conference cup :shock: :?
Luckily for Rob, he used the word team rather than Club. I made my feelings clear in my last post. Even winning the CL last night how many of them were on the streets, 500? We've just passed the anniversary of the 89 title win, that night the streets were full of tens of thousands of Gooners all around the ground. Yet that year Chelski could barely muster home crowds of 15,000. I mean they couldn't even sell out their fucking CL allocation.

We have the third richest owner of a PL club (he's really richer than Abramovich tbh), about time he actually did something about the demise of the club or next year will be toxic. I have no doubt the fans have had enough.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sat May 29, 2021 9:19 pm
Now I think of it, do we qualify under one of Wanker's pathetic rules for a special prize for beating the champions league winners twice in a season? I remember we were owed something according to him for beating the ferocious Leicester twice in a season when they won the league.
Something along the lines of “ we did our job, beating them twice. it was other teams that failed “

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Didn't watch it. Couldn't be fucked tbh. It was the absolute embodiment of everything I hate about the modern game, two small clubs pimped out and buying a trophy.

Years ago I'd have watched it and picked a team (usually the plucky underdog or the team with an ex-Arsenal player in it) and cheered them on. But last night involved two clubs I despise.

I'm so bored and disillusioned with the modern game I find myself watching less and less football. Even our games. I can't remember which game it was but I actually forgot one of our games was on the telly earlier in the season and completely missed it. Fucks given? None. :yawn:

Everything about the modern game is fucked.

The players are mostly entitled snowflake cùnts that are motivated purely by money. Diving has made the game embarrassing to watch. VAR has all but killed the game as a fast fluid action-packed spectacle, sucking the life out of it.

Anyway, enough bitching. Apparently Bald Bastard Pep got his selection wrong last night by being so desperate to show everyone how much smarter he is than every other manager. That about right?

Well at least now we know where Martinez-Lite got it from. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:20 am
Sat May 29, 2021 9:19 pm
Now I think of it, do we qualify under one of Wanker's pathetic rules for a special prize for beating the champions league winners twice in a season? I remember we were owed something according to him for beating the ferocious Leicester twice in a season when they won the league.
Something along the lines of “ we did our job, beating them twice. it was other teams that failed “
That was it. I think he expected the PL to give him a trophy for that. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:58 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:56 pm
1 shot on target from city :oops:
Bottle merchants

Pep fcuked them. Pep and the pussified sterling and the regular big game bottler that is de bruyne - I can never remember even one big game where that belgiun c.unt has turned up and ran the game, but yet he is somehow revered as world class :roll:

I am still fcuking raging this morning over that result last night :evil: We celebrated the plastic mancs losing last wednesday night, well I would rather see them win 7 trophies this week than to have those pikey chav b.astards win one champions league :cussing: :cussing: Pep handed that game to them and if I was a citeeh fan I would be seriously contemplating calling for his sacking today

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I've never liked Guardiola since his days at the barca whores!
Whilst having no interest in the clge final, simply checked result before going to bed!
If I'd had to pick a winner or a preference, I'd have gone for the chavs, they've already won it before so WTF, it keeps Citeh's name off it.
I hate citeh more, I think their nauseating documentary, showing us all how wonderful they are, was the most self indulgent piece of sporting shite ever made!
And as Augie said, given their financial clout, his failure yet again to secure the clge, should have their plastic fans calling for his head!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The fact that he hasn't won a CL since the Barca days is very telling, to be honest.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:20 am
The fact that he hasn't won a CL since the Barca days is very telling, to be honest.
With messi in his prime and the Spanish world cup and euros winning national team!
FFS Arteta could have done that :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I must admit that whilst I hate the Chavs, there is something good about City still never having won it

Once something that been done once, it hardly hurts the next time. In 2012 I was gutted when the new money Chav c.unts won it because it had been almost a decade since the Russki chucked his dosh at them and they seemed to be heading for doom and gloom post Maureen, before they fluked that final. Also in 2012 we were still a CL team and I always hoped we do it before anyone else in London

Now we aren't even a Europa conference team and the Chavs have been better than us for well over a decade.

City on the other hand are even newer money c.unts and seeing them fail was mildly amusing!

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Absolutely no contest for me in terms of who I despise most.

While both clubs are dispiriting examples of buying success, you can trace our decline back to the day when Abramovic bought Chelsea. Within three years they had broken the Arsenal/United duopoly and won consecutive league titles, the second of which after poaching Ashley Cole. By the time City's oil money came along we were already sunk below the waterline.

I don't get the argument that it is better for Chelsea to win two champions' leagues than for City to win one. It is a source of shame and embarrassment for us that another London club that we used to taunt had no history have now become champions of Europe twice when we have never done it and are not likely to now. If City had won it, United would still have been 3-1 up on their own noisy neighbours.

Chelsea's success highlights our failure in a way that City's never could: and that doesn't make me feel good.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 5:03 pm

While both clubs are dispiriting examples of buying success, you can trace our decline back to the day when Abramovic bought Chelsea. Within three years they had broken the Arsenal/United duopoly and won consecutive league titles, the second of which after poaching Ashley Cole. By the time City's oil money came along we were already sunk below the waterline.

I don't get the argument that it is better for Chelsea to win two champions' leagues than for City to win one. It is a source of shame and embarrassment for us that another London club that we used to taunt had no history have now become champions of Europe twice when we have never done it and are not likely to now. If City had won it, United would still have been 3-1 up on their own noisy neighbours. The thing about history is you have to carry on making it.
Absolutely, could you imagine Arsenal not selling out for a CL final. Mouthy *word censored* their fans are.

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

I refuse to even think about last night. Fuck them, they'll always be a poxy, plastic club for the JCL yuppies to attach themselves to in an attempt to look trendy.

I thought it was only a matter of time before City put them to the sword. A manager as experienced as Guardiola fucking about with team selection in the CL final, what an absolute *word censored*, no doubt to try to get people talking about him even more if it worked.

All that said, the plastic Russian clubs' fans are mouthy, clueless JCL *word censored* and they're obsessed with us. Every time you go on Twitter and type in Arsenal there's some Chelsea account disparaging us. I also remember that scruffy fucker Baddiel sticking his nose in when Henry came back to us on loan that time.

I'd seriously love them to go into liquidation even more than the Sperms down the road, better yet, liquidated and forced to give back all the trophies they've bought since Abramovich took over with each competition retroactively declared null and void. And preferably all their mouthy fans to be cunted off on tele while someone finally questions Cashley on his "I nearly swerved off the road" stuff rather than saying "Is there anything you'd have done differently?". Oh and Cheryl Tweedy to be preferably cunted off for her behind-the-scenes shit stirring too.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Bob Bayliss wrote:

I don't get the argument that it is better for Chelsea to win two champions' leagues than for City to win one. It is a source of shame and embarrassment for us that another London club that we used to taunt had no history have now become champions of Europe twice when we have never done it and are not likely to now. If City had won it, United would still have been 3-1 up on their own noisy neighbours.

Chelsea's success highlights our failure in a way that City's never could: and that doesn't make me feel good.
Hardly poached Cole, he'd been offered with hindsight, a shit contract by Arsenal, arguably one of the best left backs in the world, a wanker? No doubt! But still?
Guardiola has poached and tapped up more if our players than the chavs!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:

This ^. Bang on the money Bob. 8)