Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Will Be Arsenal's Finishing Position This Season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

In the Top 4.
3%
In the Top 6.
28%
In the Top 8.
31%
In the Top Half of the Table
19%
In the Bottom Half of the Table
19%
Relegation Zone
No votes

Total votes: 36

OneBardGooner

Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by OneBardGooner »

Where Oh! Where Dost Thou Thinketh THE Arsenal Will Finish in The Premier League this Season?

In the Top 4.

In the Top 6.

In the Top 8.

Relegation Zone

Only One Choice and Once the Season Kicks Off (Friday the 13th :shock: :shock: :shock: ) The Poll Will Lock.

Midz

Re: Finishing Position for This Season

Post by Midz »

Looking at the way we conduct our transfer business and the fucking shite we'll be lumbered with for another season I've voted for top half of the table as I doubt very much we'll achieve much more.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We are going to get fucked up the ass by any decent side. Is that what you mean by finishing position Bard?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

If Arteta remains in charge all season then 11/12th.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I voted top 6. :shock:

More in hope really. :lol:

Sturgooner

Post by Sturgooner »

12th is the best that this squad will be capable of.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Top half. Possibly.

The PL is a poor quality league really with at least 8 to 10 teams far worse than us. It really depends on the other "bit part" mid table teams like Everton, wet sham, the scum, villa, the toon, Leicester, Dirty Leeds etc where we finish. If a couple of them step up we could be 12th but most likely we'll finish somewhere between 6th to 10th. :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I really don't know this season. Part of me thinks this could be an absolute mess and we finish 12th with low confidence, fan unrest and just generally poor morale across the whole season but another part of me thinks we could just manage to rouse ourselves long enough to finish 5th with a cup win along the way. Top 4 will be Man City, Chavs, probably bindippers and Manure. Unless one of those has a horrific run of form we won't be anywhere near good enough to disrupt that. I'd like to think that all this trust the process bollox might mean something but really, I'd be surprised if we're not in crisis mode again by the winter months. I actually think Arteta is a nice bloke and a good person but just totally unready to be manager of a club like ours. So, in answer to the original question of where we'll finish, I have no fucking idea.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 pm
Where Oh! Where Dost Thou Thinketh THE Arsenal Will Finish in The Premier League this Season?

In the Top 4.

In the Top 6.

In the Top 8.

Relegation Zone

Only One Choice and Once the Season Kicks Off (Friday the 13th :shock: :shock: :shock: ) The Poll Will Lock.
Hi mate, you've ticked the box to allow people to change their vote. Do you want me to untick that box for you?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Top 4. Xhaka staying gives me unbelievable belief :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 am
I really don't know this season. Part of me thinks this could be an absolute mess and we finish 12th with low confidence, fan unrest and just generally poor morale across the whole season but another part of me thinks we could just manage to rouse ourselves long enough to finish 5th with a cup win along the way. Top 4 will be Man City, Chavs, probably bindippers and Manure. Unless one of those has a horrific run of form we won't be anywhere near good enough to disrupt that. I'd like to think that all this trust the process bollox might mean something but really, I'd be surprised if we're not in crisis mode again by the winter months. I actually think Arteta is a nice bloke and a good person but just totally unready to be manager of a club like ours. So, in answer to the original question of where we'll finish, I have no fucking idea.

That was my feelings before he got the job, but now I just dont think he is suited to management - no matter what level of football you talk about, a manager has to be able to do in game management, correctly assess players and of course motivate his players, and I dont think this fool has any of those requirements regardless of what club or league he is in.

I voted top 8 cos the teams needed to push us lower are flaky as well - 5th or 6th is a possibility if pep's cone boy gets sacked in the first 3 months, but otherwise I dont trust the scum, leicester, wolves, shammers, everton or villa to push us outside the top 8

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Surely it should be locked at the end of August , there will be madness in the last couple of weeks.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Top 8 if Arteta isn't sacked, which I don't think he will be as long as we stay in the top half, top 6 if he is sacked early and anyone with any ability takes over :rubchin:

wibble

Post by wibble »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Top 4. Xhaka staying gives me unbelievable belief :barscarf:
I don’t believe you :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bracing myself for an even worse season than the last one, such is my level of confidence in Arteta

Of the teams that finished above us, the only ones I could see us leapfrogging would be West Ham as their European campaign will completely derail their league form given their tiny squad

Of the teams below us, Rafa Benitez is clever enough and experienced enough to bridge the 2 point gap Everton had behind us, and I think Bielsa's Leeds will improve again. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brentford confound the experts and have a first season like Sheffield United did.....don't think anyone will relish going there. If Brighton sign a striker that's even half decent they should really be midtable too. Wolves and Villa hard to predict but capable of finishing above us too.

I reckon we will end up 11th or 12th