CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

If the virus is invited it will spread .
My grandaughter's class of 32 has 1 teacher and one class helper off with it and yesterday only 19 kids turned up .
She is 8 years old but most of her class mates have siblings either in other classes or older ones in other schools.
Then of course it's the parents that are being encouraged to return to their offices that will get it and spread it and those that have not been vaccinated will be prime candidates for a bed at the local hospital.
Whilst I agree that the lack of supervision in our border controls was shameful in fact still is they should have realised that schools are the main superspreaders and instead of pandering to the educational groupsshould have kept them shut a little longer.
With half term week coming surely it would be logical to extend the break and stop the spread before it gets out of hand again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As a manager of a team that work in a policy and development area I've been told to have half my team on standby to be temporarily reassigned to help with front line admin work here, as a precaution against another lockdown this winter. The other three managers in our division told the same. Nothing definite obviously but there is clear concern that a varient will hit hard this winter.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:53 pm
If the virus is invited it will spread .
My grandaughter's class of 32 has 1 teacher and one class helper off with it and yesterday only 19 kids turned up .
She is 8 years old but most of her class mates have siblings either in other classes or older ones in other schools.
Then of course it's the parents that are being encouraged to return to their offices that will get it and spread it and those that have not been vaccinated will be prime candidates for a bed at the local hospital.
Whilst I agree that the lack of supervision in our border controls was shameful in fact still is they should have realised that schools are the main superspreaders and instead of pandering to the educational groupsshould have kept them shut a little longer.
With half term week coming surely it would be logical to extend the break and stop the spread before it gets out of hand again.
Circuit breakers don't work mate when you have such high levels of infection. All they do is suppress the spread, then when everyone goes back to normal life cases go up again.

200 deaths today, the next phase of the pandemic is crucial. We just have to hope that the variant we are encouraging by allowing 30-40,000 people to get infected every day doesn't happen.

I am going to the spuds game on Sunday, and make it as low risk as possible with sitting outside pubs, not standing in the concourse at the ground, etc but some people going to the game will have COVID, and we are at the stage of the pandemic where a lot of people won't care if they have a few sniffles they will still turn up. The same goes for mask-wearing on the underground, after the Chelski game no one bothered.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Still very low risk at the moment, but fast forward 2 months when it is too cold to sit outside and everyone is crammed inside venues without masks - now that will be the real test, and the U.K. with such high levels of infection will become a breeding ground for mutations.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I’m back in my office for first time in 18 months this week.
Someone has now tested positive so office is shut for a deep clean tomorrow :roll:

Got a feeling this back to the office idea might not go too well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:17 pm
I’m back in my office for first time in 18 months this week.
Someone has now tested positive so office is shut for a deep clean tomorrow :roll:

Got a feeling this back to the office idea might not go too well.
We were given the choice. And we can only have 50% capacity at any time so we are moving towards blended working.

Me, I'm sticking with WFH - it's saving me €4k a year in train fairs and 3 hours a day commuting.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:09 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:43 pm
I dont think anyone thinks that life is back to normal- more a case of people realising that they can't live like cavemen indefinitely

I remember when I sent my team home from work last March - we all thought we would be seeing each other a few weeks later.

People have missed family and friends for over a year, have largely observed public guidance, have sacrificed everything they enjoyed, have taken the vaccine (well 90pc of adults anyway)....and they've simply decided that they can't isolate forever and sacrifice everything worth living for endlessly

I thought my parents wouldn't set foot in a stadium given they are in their late 70s but went to the Chelsea game on Sunday. Its driven them mad being couped up indoors not seeing family. I think their view now is that if they gave up life's pleasures, then what is their to life?

You can live safely forever- find a job that allows you to never leave your house, get all your shopping delivered, never have visitors, wear a mask forever, never go on holiday. Unless you're a particular rare breed of person you'll wake up one day and wonder what the purpose to your life is
:high5:
SteveO, that's the best post I've seen on here regarding C-19, for a long time...... My father (now 86) has barely seen a sole other an a few family members until July. It hit him tremendously. Actually my brother and I are taking him to the Bowl for a surprise 87th birthday surprise Club lvel and all that, and it will be the first time two years he has been anyway other then his local town.

How does this help peoples mental well being?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:03 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
I dont think anyone thinks that life is back to normal- more a case of people realising that they can't live like cavemen indefinitely

I remember when I sent my team home from work last March - we all thought we would be seeing each other a few weeks later.

People have missed family and friends for over a year, have largely observed public guidance, have sacrificed everything they enjoyed, have taken the vaccine (well 90pc of adults anyway)....and they've simply decided that they can't isolate forever and sacrifice everything worth living for endlessly

I thought my parents wouldn't set foot in a stadium given they are in their late 70s but went to the Chelsea game on Sunday. Its driven them mad being couped up indoors not seeing family. I think their view now is that if they gave up life's pleasures, then what is their to life?

You can live safely forever- find a job that allows you to never leave your house, get all your shopping delivered, never have visitors, wear a mask forever, never go on holiday. Unless you're a particular rare breed of person you'll wake up one day and wonder what the purpose to your life is
SteveO, that's the best post I've seen on here regarding C-19, for a long time...... My father (now 86) has barely seen a sole other an a few family members until July. It hit him tremendously. Actually my brother and I are taking him to the Bowl for a surprise 87th birthday surprise Club lvel and all that, and it will be the first time two years he has been anyway other then his local town.

Hey buddy I hope you, your bro and your dad have a great day out. Family is everything. 8)

John F

Post by John F »

bergkamp10 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I am a gardener and most of my customers are elderly.When I started work in March after the Winter I really was shocked how some of my customers that I have known for years were affected by the lockdown.Some of them burst into tears when they were talking to me about their experience.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:29 pm
bergkamp10 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I am a gardener and most of my customers are elderly.When I started work in March after the Winter I really was shocked how some of my customers that I have known for years were affected by the lockdown.Some of them burst into tears when they were talking to me about their experience.
My missus volunteers in a charity shop and when they had to close a lot of the widowed lonely elderly people that used to pop in for a cup of tea and a chat lost that one outlet for social contact and it hit them hard. On her first day back after the lockdown she came home in tears saying the stories the old folk were telling her of loneliness were heartbreaking.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

HOLY FUCK! Don't mess with those Norwich fans.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-58792323

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Norfolk school children Covid rates soar to record high with one in 20 infected

Covid rates for secondary school pupils were the highest rate recorded in Norfolk for any age group since the pandemic began. - Credit: Press Association
One in 20 young people at secondary pupils are estimated to have had coronavirus last week, according to estimates.
It is the second week in a row that Covid rates among Norfolk school children hit a record high.
Whats more
Some 4.6pc of children in school years 7 to 11 are likely to have had Covid last week, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

And it don't make your teeth drop out.

However I phoned my dentist this morning to check that my wife and i are still registered . They confirmed that we were and said she would fit us in for a check up but if we haven't got a date before new year to phone in january . After that she inquired "" Are you in any pain "

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:54 pm

Covid rates for secondary school pupils were the highest rate recorded in Norfolk for any age group since the pandemic began. - Credit: Press Association
One in 20 young people at secondary pupils are estimated to have had coronavirus last week, according to estimates.
It is the second week in a row that Covid rates among Norfolk school children hit a record high.
Whats more
Some 4.6pc of children in school years 7 to 11 are likely to have had Covid last week, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

However I phoned my dentist this morning to check that my wife and i are still registered . They confirmed that we were and said she would fit us in for a check up but if we haven't got a date before new year to phone in january . After that she inquired "" Are you in any pain "
You showed your wisdom and a bit of gumption there too :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Lates

Post by nut flush gooner »

A11M11 wrote:

Whats more

All part of Boris’ herd immunity experiment. He wants as many people who deny the vaccine infected as possible in the knowledge sooner or later all children will at the very least be exposed to the virus, and that will create a wall of natural immunity to protect older/vulnerable groups.

He’s sitting at a roulette table, gambling that we don’t end up with another variant that renders the vaccines useless.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:01 pm
A11M11 wrote:

Whats more

You showed your wisdom and a bit of gumption there too :rubchin:

:lol: :high5:

:rubchin:

I'm guessing they play Banjo music at your dentists then?

:D

:popcorn: