CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by A11M11 »

Anne Boleyn was born just up the road from here and guess what , yes 6 firkin fingers

And uses them to carry her severed head around the White tower of the Tower of London apparently. ( or should I say apparitionally )

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

shu wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 pm
Look with the COVID have the booster jab and get on with your life or don’t , natures way of dealing with our ageing whinging population .
The point is that the vaccine, although very good does not necessarily prevent you from catching COVID.
The important thing is to reduce the level of transmission, and here in the UK it is completely out of control because there are too many people like yourself who have been brainwashed by a populist right wing regime into believing that it is all over.

shu

Post by shu »

Well I am back at work as are the rest of the family , I go to the gym , buy pints at the bar and have been to Spain three times in 3 months . I do daily lat flow tests and I am working my arse off to make up the money I lost protecting the ungrateful old people.
Rob you have choice !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Ungrateful , Whinging ? your only pissed off because they won't let you in the Murderers. :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Realistically I think Arsenal need to set a limit of about 10,000 for all matches now through the winter.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:54 am
Realistically I think Arsenal need to set a limit of about 10,000 for all matches now through the winter.
Shouldn’t take too many more performances like we have seen for that level to be a good turn out

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Well this is what happens when you allow people to do what they want. They do exactly that and to hell with the correct protocols. Every other major European nation has covid under control because in addition to the vaccines they are doing two basic things. Scrapping the COVID passport was a huge mistake in England.

Are we honestly surprised this is happening again, this time COVID wont be the only problem that hospitals face this winter. If we do lockdown again, the people are as much part of the problem as the govt.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 am
Well this is what happens when you allow people to do what they want. They do exactly that and to hell with the correct protocols. Every other major European nation has covid under control because in addition to the vaccines they are doing two basic things. Scrapping the COVID passport was a huge mistake in England.

Are we honestly surprised this is happening again, this time COVID wont be the only problem that hospitals face this winter. If we do lockdown again, the people are as much part of the problem as the govt.
I must admit that although I hated some of the over cautious stuff from months ago, I can't understand not rolling out vaccine passports or carrying on with mask wearing in indoor public settings. The first one causes no inconvenience whatsoever once you have the NHS App or the actual vaccine card, and the second one whilst not particularly pleasant (especially when you wear glasses!) is a minor inconvenience in the scheme of things. I could do both indefinitely if it meant no more lockdowns.

Lets be clear though - although infections per day are similar to levels at the start of the year there are less than 8k people in hospital as opposed to 40k (and less than 1k on ventilators). Getting everyone vaccinated and boosting once available still remains the key

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I wonder how many people have lost hearing aids removing masks especially if they wear glasses as well.

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:11 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

I must admit that although I hated some of the over cautious stuff from months ago, I can't understand not rolling out vaccine passports or carrying on with mask wearing in indoor public settings. The first one causes no inconvenience whatsoever once you have the NHS App or the actual vaccine card, and the second one whilst not particularly pleasant (especially when you wear glasses!) is a minor inconvenience in the scheme of things. I could do both indefinitely if it meant no more lockdowns.

Lets be clear though - although infections per day are similar to levels at the start of the year there are less than 8k people in hospital as opposed to 40k (and less than 1k on ventilators). Getting everyone vaccinated and boosting once available still remains the key
Theres a lot less people being hospitalised. But waning vaccine protection and a huge backlog of elective care threatens the NHS in a different way this winter.

I have the covid passport on my phone and masks really aren’t any bother. A lot of countries just have these measures and are doing much better than us. These deaths are needless.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Theres a lot less people being hospitalised. But waning vaccine protection and a huge backlog of elective care threatens the NHS in a different way this winter.

I have the covid passport on my phone and masks really aren’t any bother. A lot of countries just have these measures and are doing much better than us. These deaths are needless.
Boris and Rishi and the rest of those incompetent *word censored* have seriously fucked up......

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:15 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Boris and Rishi and the rest of those incompetent *word censored* have seriously fucked up......
Yeah they have. AGAIN…
Problem is that the opposition leader is proving completely spineless.
Nobody is challenging the government, so they are getting away with the fuck ups time and time again.

This winter is going to be total chaos.

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:33 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:15 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Yeah they have. AGAIN…
Problem is that the opposition leader is proving completely spineless.
Nobody is challenging the government, so they are getting away with the fuck ups time and time again.

This winter is going to be total chaos.
This is the problem, no one in the UK has the balls to stand up to the Conservatives. So they can do as they like, screw the people dying every day.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

There's a perception that they are doing better but the testing numbers in most of the EU are way below test figures here........when you look at the deaths per headcount there isn't much difference between us and the EU. In any event I agree about the masks and the passports -even the hospitality sector are saying they are happy for those measures to avoid much stricter lockdowns which threaten their very existence

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:01 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

There's a perception that they are doing better but the testing numbers in most of the EU are way below test figures here........when you look at the deaths per headcount there isn't much difference between us and the EU. In any event I agree about the masks and the passports -even the hospitality sector are saying they are happy for those measures to avoid much stricter lockdowns which threaten their very existence
Without doubt one of the worst public health failures in UK history....they should resign