Villa burst hedgehogs H Fri 22nd Oct KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Villa burst hedgehogs H Fri 22nd Oct KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

ESR liquid football, one of the few players I’d gladly pay to watch week in week out.

Great 3 points, superb for 90% of that game but the tendency for self harm is always bubbling away under the surface.

FUCK OFF VILLA :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Welooked good until Arteta got involved then it went downhill, need i say more. You cannot give a player like Martinelli 4 mins it is a joke and an insult to the lad. The team aren't the ones self harming it is the coach, i refuse to call the useless twat a manager because he doesn't know how to :roll:

Anyway very good performance for about 70 mins of the match and then lackluster for the remaining time inflicted by an egotist reminding me more and more of Wenger every day, once again it shows the potential in the team if led correctly.

I'll add that we need Laca to start more often it just allows others around him to get involved more and play off him, he wont get you 20 goals a season however he will help others get important ones :rubchin:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:02 pm
That'll do. ESR and Lacazette running the show. Villa, Spit the scouse, Neville the hypocrite and the daughter of "Just stands there" can all fucking fuck off.
Just stands there 😂😂😂😂

Midz

Post by Midz »

Just pleased we managed to win a game.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Gary Neville looks like he spends 20 hours a day living in a darkened Transylvanian crypt, appearing only to state bollox about how "Arzzzenall neeeeed taaaa scorrrr in 25 minitzzz or thizzzz plazzzz turnzzz toxxxxikkk." And don't even get me started on that pointless prick coin thrower.

John F

Post by John F »

Martinez slags off Arsenal then let's in three,Villa fans brag about beating Arsenal to Buendia and he was crap,Villa taking the piss by bidding for Smith Rowe in the summer and he scores.It has been a good nighf :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:20 pm
fucking brilliant ESR....i love that fella

been great tonight...so much better without Odergaard...dont even mention Xakha
Very good first half, although villa were poor. We have to keep it up. ESR, LAca, Auba, Sambi and tavares looked really good and tomi looked back to his usual self. No complaints from anyone bar saka finishing, but those subs...ffs we let them back in by the casual AMN doing f all and the invisible odegaard. such a pointless player and signing. Doesnt make any obvious errors but offers absolutely nothing and looks an awful signing especially as he starts in ESR best position. As before we have been mugged of 40m off the back of a decent performance vs west ham, such a vanilla, plain rice, boiled potato, skimmed milk player and instantly put us on back foot. that game should have been tailor made for him to exploit space and dictate play..

overall though good display but we need to keep it up and not have those wobbles.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Made up we beat those thick sounding Bummie twats.

Loved Ramsdales distribution, absolutely sweet pinging of the ball to feet and love his berating of the defence. The lookhe gave Lokonga when he gathered after he gave away just outside the box could have killed him.

Tommy back to the Spurts game standard which was great to see

Saw someone mention they're not convinced by Gabriel, which is just laughable. He's close to an old school defender as possible, he gets stuck in and threw himself infront of the ball a few times. He's a starter from now and the reason why we're looking solid at the back.

Tavares looking exciting, as does Lokonga. Personally I enjoyed Lokonga driving with the ball deep into the opposition half, even when it may not come to anything as it's such a way to ease pressure and force the team forwards.

ESR - Chefs kiss. Looks a proper player.

Partey did well albeit apart from their goal. Hoping he keeps it up!

Laca lead from the front and gave us the aggressive pressing that we need.

Negatives - Odegaard came on and our direct play seemed to fall apart, he's just slow and too one footed. AMN was a pointless substitution that offered nothing and looked lost. Saka needs to get ruthless in front of goal.

Almunias_right_glove

Post by Almunias_right_glove »

That was much better. Still some flaws to iron out but that was so much more positive all over the pitch. Smith-Rowe is a real talents

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

and suddenly we are in a position where we could potentially put ourselves in the running for 4th. I think the top three spots are for Liverpool, Chelsea and City. But I do not see Man United, Spurs & Leiscter as absolutely unbeatable.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

That's more like it !. Great to see players going at pace past men. ESR, Longi & Taverres come to mind. To bring on Martinelli with 4 min of extra time remaining in the game was an insult to the players ability. AMN & Osegard did nothing. Just about every player had a good game. Apart from the attempted OH kick by Auba can't remember him doing much else, but they'll keep picking him !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

John F

Post by John F »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:18 pm
and suddenly we are in a position where we could potentially put ourselves in the running for 4th. I think the top three spots are for Liverpool, Chelsea and City. But I do not see Man United, Spurs & Leiscter as absolutely unbeatable.
I just can't see a 4th place finish .Good as last night's performance was there is always a Palace type performance round the corner.I just do not trust this manager not to do something stupid in selections or reverting back to crab football.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

Let’s head over to the online gooner forum to check the mood after a great result. ! .....

Farteta IS the Weak link

FARTETA YOUCUN.TBAGWHORE

Clueless etc etc

It’s the online Moaner ! The only fans forum where the supporters can’t enjoy their side winning. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:59 pm
A good win against shit with some great performances and an idiot manager making it more difficult than it needed to be for the last 20 minutes.

Smith-Rowe deserved MOTM. :barscarf:
ESR is just great, feels like i am watching another Brady coming into the team, not keen on odergaard and ESR together...crazy paying £40million for him

As for the hard working Laca he made a difference as Auba as good as he is cant hold up the ball just bounces off him

Auba is top class but you have to play to his strengths..together they are potent
Last edited by Redarmy on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

great first half performance, very pleased with that win

when i saw our line up thought ..thats as good as it gets

still worried about arteta and his substitutions and cautious half time team talks putting us on the back foot.....no doubt xakha will be straight back....and Martinelli the guy who looked sensational in 2019 still wont get a look in

thats what it is and delighted at present :D