Manure and The Ladyboy Caant A Thur Dec 2nd KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Manure and The Ladyboy Caant A Thur Dec 2nd KO 815pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jayives wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:43 am
Jayives wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:09 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:42 pm
Genuine question, setting aside the current league position and improved players in certain positions, can someone please explain to me where the improved structure is?

We are still being destroyed by the top teams and we are still struggling quite often against some of the lower teams. For me there has been little to no change since Wenger was in charge. Personnel change but the outcome remains the say, improvement isnt necessarily us beating the Chavs, City or the Victims but not getting dicked by 3 or 4 goals would be.

The same goes for the lower teams it's not like we are regularly scoring 3 or 4 against them, sometimes we are grinding out 1-1 or 1-0 games, again this is quite often where we were under Wenger, except under Wenger even in later years we would smash the odd team 5-0, I cant remember the last time we did that outside a lower league cup side or crap Euro team.

Arteta unfortunately flatters to deceive, the team he is putting together is being built to challenge in future years but they are just too inexperienced currently and his managerial naivety is nowhere more apparent than the players he bought in the summer. You cannot build a team without a good levening of experience to teach the youngster and reign them in when required, even Fergies 'team of kids' had a solid core of vastly experienced players both in the team and the squad
We have improved and anyone without blinkers can see it.

The tactics and set up he’s implemented are based on the JPG concept for football. It works in many games and we are undoubtedly harder to beat in some of the tougher games and not generally shipping as many goals.

If you don’t understand our football has changed from watching (despite it being obvious ) read below for an explanation on the concept

https://spielverlagerung.com/2014/11/26 ... planation/

Our win ratio under Arteta against the bigger sides is currently better than under wenger and last night was the first time united have beaten us under his management in the league and they needed us to gift them a penalty to do it.

Every once in a while it’s good to examine facts rather than unconditional hatred.

We are still missing some key players and I’m sure Arteta could do with a prime Alexis Sanchez or Van Persie however tactically despite everything being said we are well set up and organised. Our problems lie with inexperience and naivety and that is hard for the manager to affect
No doubt these complicated football tacticans make a very good liiving out of it but football is a simple game all about the quality of the players

As Brian Clough once said
"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."
And I totally agree with that quote it’s not always about tactics and organisation which helps but isn’t the be all and end all.

So why are people always only ever talking about our manager in the weird most bizarre and obsessive way rather than stating the obvious which is .. we haven’t got 2 players in our squad as good as Ronaldo and Fernandes. That’s the unfortunate truth.
Hang on mate. You were digging out posters here for slagging off the players, now you are having a go because they are not slagging them off enough? :lol:

The problem is a simple one. Forget the football snob theories and statistical analysis guff.

Here's the problem: we have a squad of mostly poor to average players, a couple of good experienced pros, and a couple of potentially world class youngsters - but they are managed by an egocentric novice that is not experienced enough or pragmatic enough to get the best out of what he has in the squad. That's where an experienced manager is worth his weight in gold. He's seen it all, done it all, and uses that experience to inform his decisions on how he plays the squad and specific players that he has. He doesn't theorise and fantasise about the way he wants to play unless he has the quality of player to accomplish that.

Football is really that simple.

Some day Martinez-Lite might be experienced enough and humble enough to learn that and he might become a top manager, but Arsenal are far far too big a club for him to spend five or ten years learning his trade.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:33 pm
Jayives wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Jayives wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Genuine question, setting aside the current league position and improved players in certain positions, can someone please explain to me where the improved structure is?

We are still being destroyed by the top teams and we are still struggling quite often against some of the lower teams. For me there has been little to no change since Wenger was in charge. Personnel change but the outcome remains the say, improvement isnt necessarily us beating the Chavs, City or the Victims but not getting dicked by 3 or 4 goals would be.

The same goes for the lower teams it's not like we are regularly scoring 3 or 4 against them, sometimes we are grinding out 1-1 or 1-0 games, again this is quite often where we were under Wenger, except under Wenger even in later years we would smash the odd team 5-0, I cant remember the last time we did that outside a lower league cup side or crap Euro team.

Arteta unfortunately flatters to deceive, the team he is putting together is being built to challenge in future years but they are just too inexperienced currently and his managerial naivety is nowhere more apparent than the players he bought in the summer. You cannot build a team without a good levening of experience to teach the youngster and reign them in when required, even Fergies 'team of kids' had a solid core of vastly experienced players both in the team and the squad

The tactics and set up he’s implemented are based on the JPG concept for football. It works in many games and we are undoubtedly harder to beat in some of the tougher games and not generally shipping as many goals.

If you don’t understand our football has changed from watching (despite it being obvious ) read below for an explanation on the concept

Our win ratio under Arteta against the bigger sides is currently better than under wenger and last night was the first time united have beaten us under his management in the league and they needed us to gift them a penalty to do it.

Every once in a while it’s good to examine facts rather than unconditional hatred.

We are still missing some key players and I’m sure Arteta could do with a prime Alexis Sanchez or Van Persie however tactically despite everything being said we are well set up and organised. Our problems lie with inexperience and naivety and that is hard for the manager to affect
No doubt these complicated football tacticans make a very good liiving out of it but football is a simple game all about the quality of the players

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."
And I totally agree with that quote it’s not always about tactics and organisation which helps but isn’t the be all and end all.

So why are people always only ever talking about our manager in the weird most bizarre and obsessive way rather than stating the obvious which is .. we haven’t got 2 players in our squad as good as Ronaldo and Fernandes. That’s the unfortunate truth.
Hang on mate. You were digging out posters here for slagging off the players, now you are having a go because they are not slagging them off enough? :lol:

The problem is a simple one. Forget the football snob theories and statistical analysis guff.

Here's the problem: we have a squad of mostly poor to average players, a couple of good experienced pros, and a couple of potentially world class youngsters - but they are managed by an egocentric novice that is not experienced enough or pragmatic enough to get the best out of what he has in the squad. That's where an experienced manager is worth his weight in gold. He's seen it all, done it all, and uses that experience to inform his decisions on how he plays the squad and specific players that he has. He doesn't theorise and fantasise about the way he wants to play unless he has the quality of player to accomplish that.

Some day Martinez-Lite might be experienced enough and humble enough to learn that and he might become a top manager, but Arsenal are far far too big a club for him to spend five or ten years learning his trade.
Best Post of the whole thread. Nuff sed. May as well close it now DB.

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Jayives wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Jayives wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I didn’t say anyone should be getting slagged off.

At the end of the day Were 5th in the table and no football manager on the planet could get us in the top 3 with this squad. None. You know this, I know it. It’s unfortunate but the truth. No chance what so ever. Appoint any manager you want Guardiola, klopp whoever but it won’t happen. Not until we can get a few more players through the door.

So then you have to ask yourself a question which is. What’s wrong with me ? Why am I losing it constantly losing it on the internet?

By all means if we drop down the table to 8th and were obviously messing up go to town cause I will be I assure you but in the interim maybe calling our own manager the son of a whore in a game we are winning is a just a tad much maybe ?

Jayives

Post by Jayives »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:21 pm
I wonder what the Arteta apologist has got to say about moneybags West Ham coming from 1-2 down to be beating Chelsea?

I mean ask yourself- where could you possibly expect West Ham to finish with that squad?

Don't they know that unless you're nailed on to finish in the top 3 that gives you a free pass to get absolutely rinsed every time you play one of the top teams?

How dare they?
They’ve done very well,

They are 4 points ahead of us........Just 4

Rinsed? That was the first time we lost to united under Arteta

Maybe it might be worth pulling yourself out from the pit of despair and self pity you reside in.

I’ll repeat my question. Were 5th, if you aren’t happy where do you think we should be in the league with this squad ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jayives wrote:So then you have to ask yourself a question which is. What’s wrong with me?
Jayives wrote:Maybe it might be worth pulling yourself out from the pit of despair and self pity you reside in.

OK. That's enough. Literally the next two posts after I've asked you (and you agreed) to stop insulting and trying to provoke other posters, you respond with the above.... :roll:

You are obviously a troll / WUM and I have repeatedly warned you about this behaviour.

My experience as a mod told me from your first post you were a troll but I gave you every chance to prove me wrong. This forum is here for the enjoyment of the members - its not a free for all for trolls to wind up others with impunity.

Life's too short to fuck about entertaining people like you that take some pathetic pleasure from winding people up on the internet, so I'm banning you permanently.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:14 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jayives wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Jayives wrote:

I didn’t say anyone should be getting slagged off.

At the end of the day Were 5th in the table and no football manager on the planet could get us in the top 3 with this squad. None. You know this, I know it. It’s unfortunate but the truth. No chance what so ever. Appoint any manager you want Guardiola, klopp whoever but it won’t happen. Not until we can get a few more players through the door.

So then you have to ask yourself a question which is. What’s wrong with me ? Why am I losing it constantly losing it on the internet?

By all means if we drop down the table to 8th and were obviously messing up go to town cause I will be I assure you but in the interim maybe calling our own manager the son of a whore in a game we are winning is a just a tad much maybe ?
But the point is based on the poor performances, the nature of all our wins bar the scum game and maybe Newcastle, the fact that other teams are woefully under performing so far, (Everton, Scum, United), most of us can see 5th is a completely false position for us and will not last and we will drop to 8th - at best soon. Thats our issue. We see this based on the evidence in front of us. Our position is false and wont last unless a big uptick in performances/tactics. You just see the league table and refuse to acknowledge the nature of most of our wins and desperately poor performances and the fact Ramsdale has kept us in most of the games performing miracles.

We could all pretend everything is rosy, but why? Performances are crap (i m happy with that so long as we are winning), results are lucky, there is no visible signs of progress as a team.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:51 am
Jayives wrote:So then you have to ask yourself a question which is. What’s wrong with me?
Jayives wrote:Maybe it might be worth pulling yourself out from the pit of despair and self pity you reside in.

OK. That's enough. Literally the next two posts after I've asked you (and you agreed) to stop insulting and trying to provoke other posters, you respond with the above.... :roll:

You are obviously a troll / WUM and I have repeatedly warned you about this behaviour.

My experience as a mod told me from your first post you were a troll but I gave you every chance to prove me wrong. This forum is here for the enjoyment of the members - its not a free for all for trolls to wind up others with impunity.

Life's too short to fuck about entertaining people like you that take some pathetic pleasure from winding people up on the internet, so I'm banning you permanently.
oh ffs! i wanted to see his response to my post!!

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Jayives wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:20 am

I’ll repeat my question. We're 5th, if you aren’t happy where do you think we should be in the league with this squad ?
This is what happens when you don't realise that two of the sides involved in the 4th place battle weren't playing until Sunday afternoon, now we are 7th LOL! :barscarf:

I can't see us getting a win at Everton tomorrow either, we have let in 7 goals in our last 2 away games, it should have been more if it wasn't for Ramsdale, our attack doesn't score enough goals, so what's gonna change tomorrow exactly? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I don't demand 4th place, but I at least want us to put up a fight until the last few games of the season to be in with a chance. :box:

Once our challenge for 4th is over, I don't think Arteta should be given more time, looks like it will be over by late Feburary at this rate. :roll:

Finishing 7th or 8th or below is not good enough for Arsenal FC, we have too many fans that will make excuses for failure, we should take ruthless action in the same way that our rivals have already done this season when their managers obviously weren't good enough to compete.

We can't afford to fall further behind, if we have another 2 or 3 bad games, failing to win enough to keep pace & losing more points we should act quickly & kick Captain Black out! :censored: :evil: