The Official (Lobotomy Clive) Xhakatard is FINALLY gone thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: The Official (Clive) Xhakatard is a useless crunt thread

Post by Gunner Rob »

What I couldn’t believe last night and I still find it hard to believe now is that Xhaka not only started, but was kept on the pitch for the full 90 minutes !!!!

That alone should be a sackable offence for Arteta!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Hadn't been on here for months, until a couple of posts in the last week, so didn't know this thread existed. Well DB old chap, well done, because it was made just for me ! :lol: My pet hate since about his first three games, Granit Xhaka.

Everything wrong about him has been said time and again already on the thread (and I've only read the first page), so no point repeating it all. He is, undoubtedly (and I said this years ago) the worst player I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt and I can go back to the late 60s and like all of us, have seen some serious dross. He, however, has not even the semblance of a single redeeming feature. Absolute pony and I'm not joking when I say that he would struggle in League 2. To be honest, I've always said that his failings would actually expose him even more so in the lower reaches, where he'd get harried and bullied ceaselessly and there wouldn't be anyone around him capable of getting him out of self inflicted trouble.

For me, he is the single biggest mystery that I've ever come across in football. You fellas might be surprised by how many dullards rate him, but I guess that's not really a surprise, given the piss poor football knowledge of a vast number of our supporters. However, the real mystery is exactly what our last three managers (four if you include Freddie) see in this moron?? It speaks volumes for their ability and goes a long way to explaining why we're in the mess we're in, when such clowns have been at the helm. Before someone says that Emery was looking to offload him, that seems to have been more about the spat with the fans, because he'd been a fixture up until that point.

Said it a number of times on here, but this oaf is the type of player that gets managers the sack....but if the prats can't see his failings and keep picking him, then the sack is exactly what they deserve. Picking this bloke is the single biggest indictment of any manager and I genuinely mean that...you can't pick Granit Xhaka and know what you're doing.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm
You fellas might be surprised by how many dullards rate him, but I guess that's not really a surprise, given the piss poor football knowledge of a vast number of our supporters. However, the real mystery is exactly what our last three managers (four if you include Freddie) see in this moron??
And he is a Swiss international and Jose wanted to sign him in the summer. I am also amazed at numerous newspaper articles (especially Sam Dean in The Telegraph example https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -integral/) which make him out to be the fulcrum of the Arsenal team. And even the players voted for him as captain.

I just don’t get it. For me, he is totally ineffective at best and more often than not a liability. Last night, he got a yellow card when he didn’t have to meaning he was pulling out of a challenge when a yellow card would have prevented a goal. He lacks judgement, can’t tackle, gives away a lot of goals, has haphazard shooting and barely ever makes a forward pass. He also has a total disdain for the support. Yet, if he is fit he is the first name on the team sheet.

Five and a half years and apart from a goal in the semi against Chelsea, I can’t think of anything else of any worth he has ever done.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Hadn't been on here for months, until a couple of posts in the last week, so didn't know this thread existed. Well DB old chap, well done, because it was made just for me ! :lol: My pet hate since about his first three games, Granit Xhaka.

Everything wrong about him has been said time and again already on the thread (and I've only read the first page), so no point repeating it all. He is, undoubtedly (and I said this years ago) the worst player I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt and I can go back to the late 60s and like all of us, have seen some serious dross. He, however, has not even the semblance of a single redeeming feature. Absolute pony and I'm not joking when I say that he would struggle in League 2. To be honest, I've always said that his failings would actually expose him even more so in the lower reaches, where he'd get harried and bullied ceaselessly and there wouldn't be anyone around him capable of getting him out of self inflicted trouble.

For me, he is the single biggest mystery that I've ever come across in football. You fellas might be surprised by how many dullards rate him, but I guess that's not really a surprise, given the piss poor football knowledge of a vast number of our supporters. However, the real mystery is exactly what our last three managers (four if you include Freddie) see in this moron?? It speaks volumes for their ability and goes a long way to explaining why we're in the mess we're in, when such clowns have been at the helm. Before someone says that Emery was looking to offload him, that seems to have been more about the spat with the fans, because he'd been a fixture up until that point.

Said it a number of times on here, but this oaf is the type of player that gets managers the sack....but if the prats can't see his failings and keep picking him, then the sack is exactly what they deserve. Picking this bloke is the single biggest indictment of any manager and I genuinely mean that...you can't pick Granit Xhaka and know what you're doing.
Absolutely my pleasure Retro. :D

If ever a man completely understands and feels my absolute loathing of the Clive fuckwound it is your good self. 8)

Fantastic post BTW, addresses him perfectly. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:

You have just about summed it up Retro....spot on

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

So, Xhaka returns to first team training and we start losing, Auba stops scoring. This guy must have enormous influence over the squad and manager. I don't get it???

He made a stupid foul in a dangerous area and got a yellow card, meaning in the 92nd he bailed out of a challenge that led to everton's winning goal. He conspired to engineer a defeat, yet still gets picked ahead of Lokonga, and AMN (who hasn't really made any major errors in games he has played this season, that I can recall).

If he had anything about him he should have challenged Gomes in the 92nd minute and run the ris of a second yellow. That moment showed me two very important aspects of his character that is bad for the team, 1) he is a selfish player and 2) he knows he would've fouled Gomes, meaning he knows when he is about to make a bad challenge, therefore, when he fucks up he has done it with the full knowledge that is what he is doing. He is a liability.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

So..... Without beating around the bush like most of you it would be fair to say that he isn't very good? :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:08 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
You fellas might be surprised by how many dullards rate him, but I guess that's not really a surprise, given the piss poor football knowledge of a vast number of our supporters. However, the real mystery is exactly what our last three managers (four if you include Freddie) see in this moron??
And he is a Swiss international and Jose wanted to sign him in the summer. I am also amazed at numerous newspaper articles (especially Sam Dean in The Telegraph example https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -integral/) which make him out to be the fulcrum of the Arsenal team. And even the players voted for him as captain.

I just don’t get it. For me, he is totally ineffective at best and more often than not a liability. Last night, he got a yellow card when he didn’t have to meaning he was pulling out of a challenge when a yellow card would have prevented a goal. He lacks judgement, can’t tackle, gives away a lot of goals, has haphazard shooting and barely ever makes a forward pass. He also has a total disdain for the support. Yet, if he is fit he is the first name on the team sheet.

Five and a half years and apart from a goal in the semi against Chelsea, I can’t think of anything else of any worth he has ever done.
Sam Dean is the telegraphs John Cross. this is what happens when the same reporter covers the same club every week, afraid to call the club out as will lose privileged access. Reporters should be rotated around the clubs, even if its the regional London reporters, Dean always seems to do Arsenal games. I believe hes a fan. Hes not quite as bad as Cross, but is very vanilla.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Xhaka Can’t.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:09 pm
Xhaka Can’t.

Quite. Have you noticed that when you type his name on your phone, the predictive text does indeed usually default to Chaka ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:25 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Xhaka Can’t.

Quite. Have you noticed that when you type his name on your phone, the predictive text does indeed usually default to Chaka ?
Well they have roughly the same pace and ability on a football pitch.....

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:13 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Xhaka Can’t.

Yes, I’d agree, roughly the same, but “overall” I think Chaka edges it on pace and ability. Mind you, I think you’d edge it over Clive even when you were face down in a hospital bed with a camera up your khyber !!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:12 pm
So, Xhaka returns to first team training and we start losing, Auba stops scoring. This guy must have enormous influence over the squad and manager. I don't get it???

He made a stupid foul in a dangerous area and got a yellow card, meaning in the 92nd he bailed out of a challenge that led to everton's winning goal. He conspired to engineer a defeat, yet still gets picked ahead of Lokonga, and AMN (who hasn't really made any major errors in games he has played this season, that I can recall).

If he had anything about him he should have challenged Gomes in the 92nd minute and run the ris of a second yellow. That moment showed me two very important aspects of his character that is bad for the team, 1) he is a selfish player and 2) he knows he would've fouled Gomes, meaning he knows when he is about to make a bad challenge, therefore, when he fucks up he has done it with the full knowledge that is what he is doing. He is a liability.
booking or no booking he wouldnt have got near him, it would have been a booking at least...hes totally vulnerable....shit....shit player

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:13 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Xhaka Can’t.

Yes, I’d agree, roughly the same, but “overall” I think Chaka edges it on pace and ability. Mind you, I think you’d edge it over Clive even when you were face down in a hospital bed with a camera up your khyber !!
:lol:

It's like a superpower.... the ability to inhale a long camera tube into my butthole. SHAZZAM!! :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Xhaka Can’t.

It defaults to UTTER CUN.T on mine. :rubchin: