A Turkish perspective on Arsenal’s flag ban saga (Jan 5)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

A Turkish perspective on Arsenal’s flag ban saga (Jan 5)

Post by gooner.ed »

Okay, usual thread starter for an exclusive going live on Friday lunchtime but with a slight difference.

1. The exclusive has already been posted on this 'further discussion' part of the forum (under the thread title Facts In Regard of the "View of a Real Greek Cypriot").

The writer ('Reality'), then emailed me to request that his argument was given equal prominence to the 'Real Greek Cypriot View' on the main part of the website as an exclusive. In the interests of balance I agreed. Hence the repetition, but I felt it necessary that both sides of the argument were given a chance to have their say on the part of the site where it would be most accessible.

2. We did have another offer of a piece counering some of the arguments made in the Greek perspective, but the would-be writer, Stephen Cousens, having read 'Reality's offering, responded with the following email after I suggested it might not be necessary to post the views of both himself and 'Reality' (due to their potential similarity):

Begins -

I am quite happy for the article presented by "Reality' to be posted instead of mine.

You might like to add that from an English perspective, it is factually correct in that it is backed up by press reports at the time of the incidents and a number of books written by not only people of Turkish origin but by European authors alike. Another important factor to consider is that Cyprus was 'Turkish' for 400/500 years leading up to the Great War, at which time it was ceded to Britain (a business arrangement). When Turkey joined the war on the side of Germany, Britain illegally annexed the island and never gave it back to Turkey. In the years after the Great War, the population became less Turkish and more Greek which is why the Greeks are in the majority now.

I have seen the photographic evidence of the genocidal crimes that were committed in the name of 'Enosis' (Union with Greece) and the writer is correct to say that if the Turkish Army were not evident in Cyprus, then the Turkish Cypriots would have been systematically exterminated. The Greek Cypriots triggered this whole situation by violently overthrowing their own Government in 1974 and then turning on the Turkish Cypriots. It is their denial of all of this which prevents a peaceful settlement in Cyprus together with the mysterious reasons for European support which is actually counter productive to finding a solution.

Ends.

So there you have it. Those who wish to continue the debate on Cyprus are welcome to in the forum area, but my hope is that there will be nothing of significance that has not already been raised, allowing the main part of the website to return to football matters.

Peace be with you all.

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

A total fabrication of the truth - these people have no shame in blatently lieing.

kypros

Post by kypros »

F@k me LOL!.!.what drugs do this Turks take? Is it “I am a Muslim and I believe in any bullshit that favours meâ€