Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Sun 16th Jan KO 430pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:32 am
Has anyone heard any news on if the game is postponed yet?

Neville and media scum doing all they can to get it played, funny how rat facedCUNT is only now speaking up....He needs a SLAP! :box:
My source says it is still on at the moment.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Unless there is a mass COVID outbreak in any PL, it is an absolute fucking embarrassment to have the game called off. Named squads supported by huge academies and they claim they can't get a side together

AMN, Guendouzi, Torreira, Saliba all loaned out when we knew COVID was amongst us and the AFCON was coming up. Now we've packed Balogun off too. The fact that we don't have recall options is poor management. Wilshere training with the club - sign him as an emergency pay as you play. Azeez recalled from loan

I don't care what other clubs have done - they are just as pathetic calling games off.

If a squad had a dozen COVID cases I could sympathise. As far as I'm aware we have 1 player who actually has COVID. The rest are either injuries or self inflicted issues like loan deals or in the case of the club footed c.unt, yet more indiscipline

Fancy knowing that you've got an AFCON coming up, loaning out 3 central midfielders and banking on Clive staying suspension free

Nobody else's fault apart from our own

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Neville and media scum doing all they can to get it played, funny how rat facedCUNT is only now speaking up....He needs a SLAP! :box:

Cheers mate.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Merson on soccer sat saying the game should be played, and with covid around we should have not sent Balogun or Ainsley out on loan, no mention tht Leicester have had 5 PL games called off no questions asked ,no questions asked about the scouse scum inventing covid cases to get a game postponed.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:27 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Cheers mate.
The longer the silence goes on the less likely it is

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 am
And look there’s been nobody on here that’s moaned more about what a disgrace it is that other clubs have been gaming the system with postponements than me. I’ve been banging the drum about it since December when the scum and mancs started at it.

In the beginning the reasons for cancellations were purely due to covid issues (although always very vague with no clarity as to how many cases there were, was it players, staff, youth teams or senior squad that were affected etc.).

Then over time covid and injuries became a legitimate reason to cancel and as with Leicester last Tuesday, covid, injuries and AFCON absentees is now a valid reason for getting games postponed.

Under normal circumstances and forgetting about everything that’s gone on so far this season for a second, do I think we should have to play Sunday? Absolutely. We have injuries and players away at the AFCON, tough fucking titties. That’s part and parcel of the game and always has been. Suck it up and play.

However and it’s a massive fucking HOWEVER the integrity and fairness of this league has already been absolutely shat all over by multiple clubs. The precedent has been set, the toothpaste is out of the tube and there’s no getting it back in now.

Considering the blatant cheating, manipulating of the fixture list and ducking out of games that’s gone on over the last 8 weeks we’re absolutely correct and within our rights to request this game be postponed and if we’re forced to field, given that other clubs haven’t in the same situation, it will be even more evidence of the blatant anti Arsenal bias that’s ingrained right throughout this league.

Absolutely spot on. Excellent post.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:17 pm
Unless there is a mass COVID outbreak in any PL, it is an absolute fucking embarrassment to have the game called off. Named squads supported by huge academies and they claim they can't get a side together

AMN, Guendouzi, Torreira, Saliba all loaned out when we knew COVID was amongst us and the AFCON was coming up. Now we've packed Balogun off too. The fact that we don't have recall options is poor management. Wilshere training with the club - sign him as an emergency pay as you play. Azeez recalled from loan

I don't care what other clubs have done - they are just as pathetic calling games off.

If a squad had a dozen COVID cases I could sympathise. As far as I'm aware we have 1 player who actually has COVID. The rest are either injuries or self inflicted issues like loan deals or in the case of the club footed c.unt, yet more indiscipline

Fancy knowing that you've got an AFCON coming up, loaning out 3 central midfielders and banking on Clive staying suspension free

While I agree with all that SteveO, as Rodders says, there's a big "however". The FA set a precedent and whether that precedent was right or wrong, they can't now choose who to apply it to. Given the scouser's false negatives only a week and a half ago, we're entitled to be up in arms. If our request is turned down, then it's a blatant case of one for them and another for us.

What pisses me off as much, is the passive and weak reaction we are bound to see from the club. They should be shouting the odds with all the points being made on here, but they'll probably accept the decision without even a whimper.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Is there a deadline by when the decision will be announced?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Is there a deadline by when the decision will be announced?
Tomorrow an hour before kick off would actually be quite funny - the scum fans would be in meltdown

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Jeff Stelling on sky reckons its been cancelled

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:17 pm

Honestly Stevo? I do wish people would stop naming Guendozi, a fucking useless troublemaker!
Torreira, doesn't want to be in London, hadn't had a decent game for us in 12 months before he was loaned out!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I hope it's been cancelled. Primarily to fuck Sly Sports off, they can fuck right off, biased c.unts. Secondly, our first team is better than the scum first team so bring it on.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 The North London Derby between Tottenham & Arsenal tomorrow is OFF. The Premier League are set to announce their decision shortly. [@AlasdairGold] #afc

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If we are forced to play, the players will be in the wrong frame of mind and we'll get a tanking!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have been left with just 12 fit outfield players following further Covid-19 cases & injury problems. Premier League rules stipulate that teams must fulfil fixtures if they have 14 players - 13 outfields & a goalkeeper - available to play. [@TheAthleticUK] #afc