Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by wibble »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:25 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:26 pm
Don't think anyone has mentioned it but I was a bit concerned about Ramsdale's slightly erratic performance. Looked like the atmosphere got to him. He was miss judging crosses, and was majorly at fault for the minamino opportunity. Hope it's a one off, as he's been a standout performer this season.

Considering he was kept Very Busy and totally on call for 75 minutes or so of the game he did remarkably well and whilst he made a few dodgy calls he did keep a clean sheet.
Not that busy they only had 1 shot on target.
Yeah, I agree he wasn’t as assured as usual and was lucky on a few occasions with crosses and decision making (including the charged down clearance, even if it was a handball by the Liverpool player) Still, we kept a clean sheet and he has been great the rest of the season so hopefully back to his brilliant best next game

OneBardGooner

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 6 Jan KO

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Don't think anyone has mentioned it but I was a bit concerned about Ramsdale's slightly erratic performance. Looked like the atmosphere got to him. He was miss judging crosses, and was majorly at fault for the minamino opportunity. Hope it's a one off, as he's been a standout performer this season.

Considering he was kept Very Busy and totally on call for 75 minutes or so of the game he did remarkably well and whilst he made a few dodgy calls he did keep a clean sheet.

I'm assuming you watched the game? - They may have had only 1 shot on goal but our penalty box was the "busier" of the two and so Ramsdale whilst he had a few wobbly moments did well.

I've noticed you never make negative comments on the Scousers Hmmmm!? :rubchin:

falkirk goon

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by falkirk goon »

Ive changed the date from the 6th to the 20th for this..Over the 2 legs well 3 when you take into account the dippers* cheating..this thread has racked up a fair few posts.

Herd

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by Herd »

Had not seen us live for 3 years , went to Forest great day out except we lost , but went to Liverpool ,couldn't get a ticket in the Arsenal anny road end .
Got a ticket in the Kop with an old scouse mate block 306 its at the back of the kop ,your trying not to give it but after xhaktards off im on it .
Loved the old school performance fair fucks they were as good as gold ,not all scousers are c unts
Proud of the performance ended in matthews street about 2am .
best bit of the night was when the kopites were screaming were getting outsung by the cockneys !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

I'm assuming you watched the game? - They may have had only 1 shot on goal but our penalty box was the "busier" of the two and so Ramsdale whilst he had a few wobbly moments did well.

What are you implying?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

What are you implying? Wash you mouth out son

Funny that whenever I'm optimistic and positive about The Arsenal I get shot down accused of being a rose tinted, Wenger loving, Wum.
I don't say negative comments about other teams and I don't post positive comments about other teams either, as I don't care about them.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are still uncertain if they will be able to fulfil their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Liverpool on Thursday. An insider has said the players are being assessed day by day & a decision will be made closer to the game. [@samcunningham] https://t.co/JXZDkpbtvg

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 pm
Arsenal are still uncertain if they will be able to fulfil their Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Liverpool on Thursday. An insider has said the players are being assessed day by day & a decision will be made closer to the game. [@samcunningham] https://t.co/JXZDkpbtvg
Bet we get expelled from the competition.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

What are you implying?
There's no implication - Unless I've missed something you have said (which is entirely possible) I have noticed that you just never say anything negative or join in the usual banter like everyone else about the scousers I find it it odd considering your name ie : 1989 - probably our most memorable game/score/victory over them.

?

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Iit will be 7 days since the game at Anfield, so why can we not field a team? There is no transparency around Toymiyasu, ESR & Saka, and I would have thought by know Odegaard would be fit. I worry there is something deeper. Perhaps a more serious injury to the above and we are trying to kick the can down the road to get them fit.

With loaning Mari out, the wider community will shit their pants if we get another postponement. And if the game is postponed, there is no way the game against Burnley will moved should we ask. Were going to need to field a team eventually.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What a mess !! How can we loan Mari out when we are claiming we can’t get a team to play games ? If we are looking to cancel the Scouse game then we’re fucked after agreeing to loan Mari, we look really fucking stupid for this. :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

We are rightly getting bashed in this mornings papers - apparently we are doing a head count this morning to see if we are going to look for a postponement of the game Thursday night, but we are also sending our third player out on loan in 9 days whilst claiming that we dont have enough players :roll: Absolutely shambolic from the club - could they not wait for 2 or 3 days to avoid looking like we are taking the piss ? :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:32 am
We are rightly getting bashed in this mornings papers - apparently we are doing a head count this morning to see if we are going to look for a postponement of the game Thursday night, but we are also sending our third player out on loan in 9 days whilst claiming that we dont have enough players :roll: Absolutely shambolic from the club - could they not wait for 2 or 3 days to avoid looking like we are taking the piss ? :oops: :oops:
Not defending the rank stupidity that has been endemic in our club for years, but those loan deals are negotiated and signed off weeks, sometimes months, before they happen. There must be something in the deal - like a punitive clause - for us to not withdraw.... or we really are just that stupid a club! :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 pm
Bet we get expelled from the competition.
Probably as the only alternative date is 22/23 February with the final taking place on 27 Feb.

The mid season break (24 jan - 4 feb) means all Brazilian and Japanese players on both sides would be out with international call ups in addition to the African players. So each squad would be down by up to 6 players. With 10 on loan and Xhakash!t suspended, Arsenal would only have 13 outfield players with suitable experience even if all were fit.

Kloppity Horse Teeth is having a good neigh at all this. His antics in postponing the first game with false positives may well give them a bye.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:45 am
And if the game is postponed, there is no way the game against Burnley will moved should we ask. Were going to need to field a team eventually.
Every chance Burnley will ask for that to be postponed. That game can be played any time. Not like either team has the FA Cup to worry about :?