Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by Redarmy »

They scored against the run of play but since then are holding it well making us chase around....they are well used to being in this position

TeeCee

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by TeeCee »

Saka's not fit and nor is ESR, they are both struggling big time. I'd be very tempted to bring on Partey and take off ESR.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

No excuse for the lack of chances created in that half. I keep hearing we are an improved team but after that goal went in we looked beaten. There's an inevitably about it, 2 or 3 nil in the end.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:23 pm
Laca is brilliant at battling and linking up the play but he’s just not a goal threat. This team is crying out for a genuine goal scorer up top.
Absolutely, he simply isn’t a goal threat.

I’m sure I read on Arseblog a few weeks back that, for all Laca’s good play, he’d only had 12 shots all season :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

This is where we are....at home with arguably the best team we can put out, against a depleted scouse team.....And we're losing...and looking like losing.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Tomiyasu looks well off the pace. Sloppy passes and no way does a fully fit Tomi get caught flat footed like that against Jota :roll:

Lots of effort but it’s just not happening. Odegaard has played well though.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:33 pm
Saka's not fit and nor is ESR, they are both struggling big time. I'd be very tempted to bring on Partey and take off ESR.
Definitely. Both are playing at 60% max and they look gassed already.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:33 pm
They scored against the run of play but since then are holding it well making us chase around....they are well used to being in this position
As are we.........

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
George Graham said it in 89 and it's still true today; when the bindippers think they're in control they get casual at the back and take chances because they think they know it all. Fucking get at the murdering cûnts.
Is that last bit still a direct GG quote ?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

There's little movement from ESR or Saka because they are not fit. I don't think I've ever seen Saka look so off his game, even when he had that chance to run through late on, he looked like Xhaka lolloping forward with zero speed. Our team looks good name wise but several of them shouldn't really be playing and can't do what they normally do (Tomi included).

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 pm
Tomiyasu looks well off the pace. Sloppy passes and no way does a fully fit Tomi get caught flat footed like that against Jota :roll:

Lots of effort but it’s just not happening. Odegaard has played well though.
Tomi has also slipped at least 3 times, including for the goal.

Can’t fault the effort but the quality is not quite there at the moment

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

May as well just go full on at them, we won't win by wearing them down slowly.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There's THAT Spark missing . Even when we were running them ragged in the first 15 minutes, Martinelli sharp as a fucking razor and our defence stopping everything; not that there was that much from the scousers.

Tomi having a mare at the moment..

Laca usually leads by example and he's just not in the game to do that.

Martinelli to Score then Odegaard or ESR

They are tripling up on Saka he can barely breathe.

The goal has unsettled our defence, they have started panicking a bit - Arteta needs to calm their heads and get them centred and focused again, also switch it up a gear or three when we break...

#COYG. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:40 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
George Graham said it in 89 and it's still true today; when the bindippers think they're in control they get casual at the back and take chances because they think they know it all. Fucking get at the murdering cûnts.
Is that last bit still a direct GG quote ?
:lol:

Yes. Yes, it is. 8)

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I think the players that aren't anywhere near full fitness are blatantly obvious. We've done our best to put a decent side out.

I wonder if that will be mentioned by the press.