Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO 745

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by mcdowell42 »

Completely unprompted (he was asked about Chelsea in the final), Jurgen Klopp says: "Martinelli by the way... everybody should remember that name. Outstanding player."

robbo10

Re: Scum* who got us all banned from europe 85-90(but the media dont ever say anything about it) Cup semi H Thu 20jan KO

Post by robbo10 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm
Completely unprompted (he was asked about Chelsea in the final), Jurgen Klopp says: "Martinelli by the way... everybody should remember that name. Outstanding player."
Don’t worry he’ll be a big club in 3 years being used properly by a proper manager

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:53 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:46 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:44 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 pm
I fucking LOATH Liverpool with a fucking passion. Cheating, whinging little c.unts the lot of them.
Just remember that they'll never have the blood of Heysel off their hands.
They’ll never be held accountable for it either.

Loathsome football club.
Heysel swept under the carpet mate,Bradford ignored…….but pity city have hundreds of fans turn up after kick off and kill their own fans,and it’s the excuse they need to keep it relevant for years,and to make it even more galling they’re absolved from any blame
We all know. Every supporter of every other club knows, it's just that the murderers exhausted every media outlet with threats until they got what the outcome they wanted. In the end, whichever government just wanted it done and ended so it wouldn't take up any more money or time. The rest of us a know and they themselves know that they killed their own through their own ticketless crushing and thuggery. It's the responsibility of everyone to remind them that Heysel still happened and they murdered 39 Juventus supporters. It's important to remember that the term is Juventus supporters because apparently, the murderers don't think that 39 Italians is correct as they killed four Belgians, two French and one from Northern Ireland. Just to be precise, they did murder 32 Italians, two of whom were children.

Perryashburtongroves

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm
Probably tried to kill his grandmother. Stupid fucking ego cûnt. He'll be gone in a year when everyone's had enough and he's won nothing else.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Well, i'm glad i didn't watch that!

Unless we sign a striker and CM it will be a glorious march of the scum to 4th place and financial salvation. Yet we have f all distractions and wont challenge.

Almost as sickening as last nights result.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Any question put to Klopp asking why after receiving all negative lateral flow test results they then bizarrely went and got a round of PCR tests done when there was absolutely no reason or requirement to do so by a private lab where Kenny Dalglish’s daughter works and low and behold 10 false positives get returned resulting in the first leg bejng postponed?

Nah thought not :roll:

As much as it pains me to say I hope the fucking chavs destroy them in the final :twisted:

Perryashburtongroves

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:26 pm
Any question put to Klopp asking why after receiving all negative lateral flow test results they then bizarrely went and got a round of PCR tests done when there was absolutely no reason or requirement to do so by a private lab where Kenny Dalglish’s daughter works and low and behold 10 false positives get returned resulting in the first leg bejng postponed?

Nah thought not :roll:

As much as it pains me to say I hope the fucking chavs destroy them in the final :twisted:
We are not far away from a story which will blow the lid on all the fraud and bribery and cheating that has gone on with Manure and the Chavs and bindippers for years. It will come out one day. We came close a few years ago with the whole "Football doping" thing which was a warning to Leicester that the press knew they had a story and could expose it. Funnily enough, a few months later they stopped doing it, nearly got relegated and sacked that snide, little Italian manipulator before they got caught. One day soon something will come out, whether it's full-on corruption, VAR cheating, bribing refs, whatever. It will come out. How they can still not broadcast the conversations between officials and between the referee and VAR cheat, I do not know. Everybody is bored of the corruption now and whatever has been going on for years, will be exposed. Some newspaper will focus on Newcastle and City because they will have an agenda and that will be the tip of the iceberg which will lead to Manure, murderers and Chavs.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

And all this fucking bullshit talk from pundits about Arsenal’s 40 red cards :roll:

Do you know what the worst thing I saw on a football field this season was? Tomi getting stamped on the face at Everton and what was the punishment dished out for that? We didn’t even get a free fucking kick :roll:

Tonight Fabinho committed 6 fouls and got no yellow card. Partey committed 2 fouls and got sent off.

Arsenal players being punished for almost every indiscretion while opposition players foul with impunity is something we see game after game after game.

8 fouls by a single player in a game without being booked is the record since the PL began and it’s happened just twice - and low and fucking behold both times it was by an opposition player in an Arsenal game.

Strange that :roll:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Wrong team selection. Playing ESR and Odegaard takes me back to the days where Wenger tried to fit in every attacking midfielder. When you have more attackers on the field, your not more threatening, they just get in each others way. No reason Partey shouldn't have started and ESR relegated to the bench.

Also, regarding Klopps comments about Martinelli, Klopp isnt onto anything special, its pretty obvious in Martinelli we have a sensational talent. A generational talent likely to be a top 10 player in the world. When he dribbles it looks like the ball is stuck to his feet, which is what people have said about Messi. So we dont need some German prick to tell us Martinelli is a good player. I've said it before & I will say it again, he is our best player and better than Saka. Martinelli is better than Grealish, Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood, Mane, Foden. De Bruyne and Salah are the only wide forwards I rank ahead of him. That being said, what's with the defeatist attitude just because of the loss. People pissing on themselves talking about both Saka and Martinelli leaving. This is the attitude we need to break. Its self defeating. Liverpool are skint at the moment & are struggling to Match Salah's wages. So truth is Liverpool couldn't afford Martinelli. So dont be like Wenger, who practically gift wrapped RVP to Ferguson. Fuck Klopp and his interest in Saka and Martinelli. I know Klopp is looking at both Saka and Martinelli and he should be told to fuck off.

Forget that fool in Fiorentina. Martinelli should & can play down the middle. Henry and RVP were both wide players before playing central. And ill tell you what, Martinelli is more Henry than he is RVP. Focus on the midfield. Outside Partey I dont trust anyone to play in midfield & the lack of options forced Arteta to make tactical errors, such as he did tonight.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 pm
And all this fucking bullshit talk from pundits about Arsenal’s 40 red cards :roll:

Do you know what the worst thing I saw on a football field this season was? Tomi getting stamped on the face at Everton and what was the punishment dished out for that? We didn’t even get a free fucking kick :roll:

Tonight Fabinho committed 6 fouls and got no yellow card. Partey committed 2 fouls and got sent off.

Arsenal players being punished for almost every indiscretion while opposition players foul with impunity is something we see game after game after game.

8 fouls by a single player in a game without being booked is the record since the PL began and it’s happened just twice - and low and fucking behold both times it was by an opposition player in an Arsenal game.

Strange that :roll:
Partey's first booking was ridiculous. Atkinson gestured that it was some kind of stamp down with the studs when in reality it was Partey accidentally stepping on the players foot. A foul, yes. A card absolutely not imo. And I'm not being biased, it's an honest opinion.

The game is bent in favour of some club's as we know and fùck all will be done about it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just got in from what will undoubtedly be the last game I attend this season

Another meek defeat against one of the top 3 where we've barely laid a glove on them and the usual complete lack of leadership all too apparent

Crowd and team in perfect harmony - all up for it and full of self congratulatory back slapping after the away game. Laid back attitude, 1-0 down, heads drop, no belief, game over

First time since I was a young lad that we've had nothing left to play for before the end of January

An absolute football masterclass dished out by Liverpool's makeshift midfield and 3rd and 4th choice strikers.

Many days like this to come. 160m spent, never further away from being a competitive team

Can't even bring myself to see what gems he came out with after the game

So...no Europe, no cups, more money spent than any other Arsenal manager in one window, talented kids. What's the next excuse when we limp home in 8th place again ??

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:30 pm
Wrong team selection. Playing ESR and Odegaard takes me back to the days where Wenger tried to fit in every attacking midfielder. When you have more attackers on the field, your not more threatening, they just get in each others way. No reason Partey shouldn't have started and ESR relegated to the bench.

Also, regarding Klopps comments about Martinelli, Klopp isnt onto anything special, its pretty obvious in Martinelli we have a sensational talent. A generational talent likely to be a top 10 player in the world. When he dribbles it looks like the ball is stuck to his feet, which is what people have said about Messi. So we dont need some German prick to tell us Martinelli is a good player. I've said it before & I will say it again, he is our best player and better than Saka. Martinelli is better than Grealish, Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood, Mane, Foden. De Bruyne and Salah are the only wide forwards I rank ahead of him. That being said, what's with the defeatist attitude just because of the loss. People pissing on themselves talking about both Saka and Martinelli leaving. This is the attitude we need to break. Its self defeating. Liverpool are skint at the moment & are struggling to Match Salah's wages. So truth is Liverpool couldn't afford Martinelli. So dont be like Wenger, who practically gift wrapped RVP to Ferguson. Fuck Klopp and his interest in Saka and Martinelli. I know Klopp is looking at both Saka and Martinelli and he should be told to fuck off.

Forget that fool in Fiorentina. Martinelli should & can play down the middle. Henry and RVP were both wide players before playing central. And ill tell you what, Martinelli is more Henry than he is RVP. Focus on the midfield. Outside Partey I dont trust anyone to play in midfield & the lack of options forced Arteta to make tactical errors, such as he did tonight.
Partey played 90 minutes for Ghana last night. There is no way he would start tonight.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Is Klopp's shameless praising of Martinelli and Saka something where going to have to put up with? Its Barcelona - Cesc all over again.

Id love to see his fucking face when we slap 150m prices tags on each, knowing FSG wont even offer up half that amount. Mind you though, some Liverpool fans and media have a solution to that. Just bid well below thier value. I dont know if his serious or not, but Stan Collymore has decided Martinelli could be bought for 50m.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 pm
An absolute football masterclass dished out by Liverpool's makeshift midfield and 3rd and 4th choice strikers.

Many days like this to come. 160m spent, never further away from being a competitive team
I don’t watch Liverpool much but when you say masterclass by their 3rd and 4th choice strikers, do you mean Gordon and Firminho? - I’m not sure I agree tbh; for me, Jota was the difference but maybe it looked different in the stadium?

I also don’t share your pessimism for this team. You say we’ve never been further away but I’m actually really happy and enthusiastic about the development of this young team. Ramsdale, Tomi, Gabriel, Tierney, white, Partey, Saka, ESR, Odegaard and Martinelli are the guts of a really promising, committed team. Add a striker and midfielder to replace Xhaka and it starts to look pretty decent, and bags of potential.

I know things look bleak at times but I do like most of our players these days which is a massive improvement on recent years :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:57 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 pm

I don’t watch Liverpool much but when you say masterclass by their 3rd and 4th choice strikers, do you mean Gordon and Firminho? - I’m not sure I agree tbh; for me, Jota was the difference but maybe it looked different in the stadium?

I also don’t share your pessimism for this team. You say we’ve never been further away but I’m actually really happy and enthusiastic about the development of this young team. Ramsdale, Tomi, Gabriel, Tierney, white, Partey, Saka, ESR, Odegaard and Martinelli are the guts of a really promising, committed team. Add a striker and midfielder to replace Xhaka and it starts to look pretty decent, and bags of potential.

I know things look bleak at times but I do like most of our players these days which is a massive improvement on recent years :lol:
As I've said before, all the talented kids in the world won't win a thing and they are being hung out to dry by a novice who places no value on experience and leadership. Go back to 89 - Smith, Marwood, Richardson, O'Leary - seasoned pros alongside talented kids

The class of 92 at United? Actually when they started wobbling in the title run in it was the likes of Steve Bruce getting them over the line

Yet again I watched the body language when Liverpool's first goal went in. You might as well have blown the final whistle there and then

And so what next? Buy an experienced midfielder or striker? Nah, let's chase a 22 year old from Fiorentina who doesn't want to play for us and with no experience of this league

Spurs and Man United have mostly been a joke this season but I've said all along will finish above us. If West Ham finish above us it will say everything about managerial skill rather than money and budgets

We have a totally imbalanced squad. The same prick that started last season with 9 centre halves has now loaned out 3 central midfielders, leaving us reliant on the walking Red card, Partey who landed back at lunchtime yesterday and a handful of kids who aren't ready. Up top, the pitiful sight of Nketiah coming on against the towering Liverpool centre halves who had the pipe and slippers out already from the 15th minute

If your idea of competing is scrambling around for a Europa Conference place then I make you right. If you think this team is vaguely capable of a top 4 finish I'd admire your optimism but I don't share it

Those kids are being let down by the novice. For various reasons Saka, Smith Rowe, Gabriel, Tierney, Tommy and Ramsdale were not at the races last night. Like all kids there will be dips in form, fitness and most of all confidence. That's when a Fergie, prime Wenger, Kopp, Maureen etc would call upon senior pros. We have none and he won't sign any either