ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Kingralph »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:13 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:25 pm
Been watching the Villa vs Everton game and DCL looks pretty average. I don't believe he is a big upgrade on Laca and would probably cost north of 50 million himself. Probably would score a few more goals than Laca but his hold up play isn't th best.
Third game back after being out injured for 5 months. You’d be a bit rusty too.

Not saying he’s the answer but give the guy a bit of a break (and perhaps give Xhaka a break, preferably tibia and fibula on both legs).

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

NEW: Vlahovic has not been included in Fiorentina’s squad for their upcoming game against Cagliari [via @giannattasius]

Covid

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wonder if it's a 'False Positive'?. :rubchin:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:14 pm
NEW: Vlahovic has not been included in Fiorentina’s squad for their upcoming game against Cagliari [via @giannattasius]

Covid
Gone to pick up Draxler and M'Villa for that car that Owen Coyle's driving.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Covid
Probably been licking the windows at Juventus judging by the comments attributed to him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:30 pm
Wonder if it's a 'False Positive'?. :rubchin:
:lol: :lol:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Its nauseating listening to links to players like Calvert Lewin given he would cost 50-60m. I would rather not spent that and put the money into offering higher wages to Saka and Martinelli.

I dont understand why we would sign Calvert Lewin who wouldn't blend with the quality of Saka and Martinelli in the front three. You cant have two fantastic footballers and then Calvert Lewin.

Of course a Saka, Martinelli, Vlahovic front three would be amazing. Good enough to make Liverpool look twice even though their front three is Mane, Salah and Firminho. But if Vlahovic cant come, then I think Martinelli should play down the middle and ESR and Saka either side of him.

Do we really need a focal point in the attack, a man to play on the edge of the last last shoulder? Granted this type of player can be added to the squad as a alternate option, but they can be found for much less than Calvert Lewin, and it should be a secondary option. We are at our most threatening when Martinelli and Saka and running at the opposition backline. As soon as we work the ball to a one on one with the ball at Martinelli and Saka's feet I know the opposition fans are bricking it. We need a dynamic front three full of energy and quality. Its like a puzzle, we have two pieces of the puzzle, but when you add the final piece there is a multiplier effect. Lacazette as the front man isnt a piece that offers the multiplier effect

Do not sign some above average forward to play with Saka and Martinelli. Unless the CF we sign is of the quality of Saka and Martinelli, then reshuffle for a front three of Saka, ESR, Martinelli.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:48 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:15 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:39 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:00 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:43 am

And of course klopp will get away with it. *word censored* doing right infront of everyone.

It's not worth even investing any of your time or emotions into Arsenal anymore.

We are a feeder club.

Newcastle will be the next club taking the piss out of us.
I dont think this will happen. Liverpool are dithering on Salah's contract, he wants 400k a week and isnt budging. FSG are stubborn and have a wage structure. So Salah could actually leave Liverpool. Liverpool maybe better than us on the pitch, but they cant bully us financially. They are not going to make financial offers we cant match or beat. I dont think he could even raise the money for a decent transfer offer for either Saka or Martinelli. When they signed VVD & Allison for big money, it was basically the Coutinho money after Barcelona nose bleed 140m offer.

Saka and Martinelli will be offered contracts at the seasons end. Lets just hope they sign

A long time victims fan who lived over there for years, told me this morning that several of their top players have contracts that guarantee them parity with the highest earner in the squad, and if they give salah £300k per week those same players will have to be bumped up too, and that is impractical. He claims that salah is on his way to psg in the summer to replace mbappe, and that mane will also be sold in the summer

Dunno if it is true or not, but the guy wouldnt be a bullshitter as a rule, and has told me a few things in the past that turned out to be true
Augie, I've heard that too, about players wages matching clubs top earner, at Liverpool. They've got two more seasons at the top then we'll take their place. Everton's new stadium will have a big impact on the red side of Stanley park, because the investment going into improving transport links, businesses and housing is planned for the docks and surrounding area, away from anfield.
Can you clarify what you mean by local investment around Everto'ns stadium having a negative impact on the victims? how so?
The city council regeneration program is focusing on the northern dock area. It's been run down and derelict for the last 40-50 years and the plans are to develop it, similar to the redevelopment of Hackney/ Bow area where the Olympic stadia were built, with shopping parks and malls. Improving transport links, mainly rail lines. Whilst Anfield is being regenerated, the bigger focus is to move the retailers out of the city centre to the more spacious, more accessible northern dock areas. The future football supporter will probably choose Everton as the new ground is part of this development. Anfield is becoming a monstrous eyesore. With no rail links to the ground, and plan for ulez zones getting to the ground will become more costly. Like it is around N5, the difference being the public transport access to the Arsenal is probably one of the best in the country.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:36 am
Nos89 wrote:
augie wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

I dont think this will happen. Liverpool are dithering on Salah's contract, he wants 400k a week and isnt budging. FSG are stubborn and have a wage structure. So Salah could actually leave Liverpool. Liverpool maybe better than us on the pitch, but they cant bully us financially. They are not going to make financial offers we cant match or beat. I dont think he could even raise the money for a decent transfer offer for either Saka or Martinelli. When they signed VVD & Allison for big money, it was basically the Coutinho money after Barcelona nose bleed 140m offer.

Saka and Martinelli will be offered contracts at the seasons end. Lets just hope they sign

A long time victims fan who lived over there for years, told me this morning that several of their top players have contracts that guarantee them parity with the highest earner in the squad, and if they give salah £300k per week those same players will have to be bumped up too, and that is impractical. He claims that salah is on his way to psg in the summer to replace mbappe, and that mane will also be sold in the summer

Dunno if it is true or not, but the guy wouldnt be a bullshitter as a rule, and has told me a few things in the past that turned out to be true
Augie, I've heard that too, about players wages matching clubs top earner, at Liverpool. They've got two more seasons at the top then we'll take their place. Everton's new stadium will have a big impact on the red side of Stanley park, because the investment going into improving transport links, businesses and housing is planned for the docks and surrounding area, away from anfield.
Can you clarify what you mean by local investment around Everto'ns stadium having a negative impact on the victims? how so?
The city council regeneration program is focusing on the northern dock area. It's been run down and derelict for the last 40-50 years and the plans are to develop it, similar to the redevelopment of Hackney/ Bow area where the Olympic stadia were built, with shopping parks and malls. Improving transport links, mainly rail lines. Whilst Anfield is being regenerated, the bigger focus is to move the retailers out of the city centre to the more spacious, more accessible northern dock areas. The future football supporter will probably choose Everton as the new ground is part of this development. Anfield is becoming a monstrous eyesore. With no rail links to the ground, and plan for ulez zones getting to the ground will become more costly. Like it is around N5, the difference being the public transport access to the Arsenal is probably one of the best in the country.
It’s a shame that the whole of Liverpool can’t be ‘regenerated’ in the same way Nazi Germany regenerated Coventry during WW2.

Perryashburtongroves

Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
augie wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

It’s a shame that the whole of Liverpool can’t be ‘regenerated’ in the same way Nazi Germany regenerated Coventry during WW2.
The amount of money pumped into that city over the last 50 years to try and regenerate it is absolutely staggering. No matter what, the locals will still moan about being ignored and left to rot when in truth, businesses and big factories made the decisions in the 70s and 80s to moved out as they were fed up of the amount of money it was costing them due to theft from their own employees, damage to properties and the absenteeism of workers. Then, trying to attract staff from other parts of the country to a city full of violence, crime and gangs was impossible. Add in the good old salt of the earth wouldn't harm a soul, scouse organised crime networks demanding ever more expensive protection payments and threatening violence every five minutes and it's no wonder successive governments have tried and failed to actually regenerate the city. No matter how much money British governments have spent trying to do something there, the, as usual, prevailing attitude from the locals seems to be to just do what they want, smash everything up, reduce it to slums and then complain.

shu

Post by shu »

So I take it all quiet on the transfer front boys :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Yep, all quiet. No one is coming.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:18 am
Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
augie wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:58 am
When does the transfer window close?

Perryashburtongroves

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 am
shu wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:58 am
When does the transfer window close?
It never closes on here. In our hearts, it's always open.