other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

Great to see more VAR cheating in the Palace v mouser* game. :roll: :censored:

Quite possibly the worst penalty decision I've ever seen. Ever. :oops: :censored:

Also a clear offside for Poxilaide-Chamberpot's goal.

The game is all but dead.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

So when are all our matches going to be rescheduled ?

We appear to only have 2 matches in the next 6 weeks :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:39 pm
So when are all our matches going to be rescheduled ?

We appear to only have 2 matches in the next 6 weeks :D
We've got an open diary untill the end of the season so we're not the problem. Can we carry over these games until next season when we've got better strikers? I'm sure the legal team can find a loophole in premier League regulations.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The biggest headline to come out of AFCON so far, isn't the death of 8 supporters who went to a football match and didn't get home, it's Liverpool's Sadio Mane playing 10 minutes with suspected concussion, after a sickening clash of heads. The British media.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Anyone following the AFCON?
It doesn't surprise me that with all the talk about transfers who not coming in, and who is definitely not being signed that two of our players have had a very good tournament. Pepe and Elneny who barely get a look in for the first team have shown that they are very good international football players. It's barely been reported how well they've done, especially Pepe. His confidence will be high, and I'd put him in the starting line up when he returns. Move Saka to the left, Martinelli through the middle.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:25 pm
It doesn't surprise me that with all the talk about transfers who not coming in, and who is definitely not being signed that two of our players have had a very good tournament. Pepe and Elneny who barely get a look in for the first team have shown that they are very good international football players. It's barely been reported how well they've done, especially Pepe. His confidence will be high, and I'd put him in the starting line up when he returns. Move Saka to the left, Martinelli through the middle.
Sorry mate you simply cannot compare a handful of games at the low to mid quality standard of the ACN to the weekly grind and pace of the PL over an entire season. Both of these players have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not good enough at PL level.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Pepe isn't the best player in his own house :lol:

Elneny is a trier but that's it, again as DB says he is very average, a squad player at best.

wibble

Post by wibble »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:40 pm

Elneny is a trier but that's it, again as DB says he is very average, a squad player at best.
I’m sure the stats for Pepe would show otherwise :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

wibble wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:31 pm

:lol:

I see what you did there :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:21 pm
wibble wrote:

Don't you pair of fuckers start again! :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:10 pm
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:21 pm
wibble wrote:

Don't you pair of fuckers start again! :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

I've got stat withdrawal symptoms :| :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:
Totally agree about Pepe - he might not be quite a first team starter at the moment, but I would rather he came on than league 2 Eddie

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:21 am
Nos89 wrote:
Totally agree about Pepe - he might not be quite a first team starter at the moment, but I would rather he came on than league 2 Eddie
Hmm... you might have a point there Rob in fairness.... :D

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:21 am
Nos89 wrote:
Yes, more likely to do something than Eddie. Hopefully barcodes pay silly money for him this weekend. Becoming a handy dumping ground for Arsenal.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! I'm sure we can off-load Pepe on them as well!