ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:17 pm
Juventus closing in on the signing of Dusan Vlahovic for €67 million plus bonuses, as per reports in Italy.
If you were destined to be one of the top 10 players in the world, realistically,why would you decide to come to our absolute shambles of a club? Unproven and not very good manager, squad with no more than three other quality players, no prospect of European let alone Champions League football any time soon. I can’t blame the guy for going to Juventus

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If Shit for Brains MKII really does morph into Wenger, then he needs to sign himself in a mad panic alongside Santos, Park and Mertesacker !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We have been used as a stalking horse , get Fiorentina to agree a deal and then get Juve to step in and do the deal.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:29 pm
From the reports that I have read on Melo , he's a box to box player sort of like Xhaka that moves and has an ability to read the game . What worries me though is why Juventus want him out on an 18 month loan . Seems a bit excessive , Is there a problem ?
Yeah, my sources say he's been given a year and a half to live :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nobody is coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

we'll end up with Ross Barkley and that lad that had one good season with Swansea a while back(the names gone outta my head)

Loans do my head in, if he isn't playing for his parent club then we dont/shouldnt want him, when was the last time we out competed a club for a player of significance??

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

xgtdec wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am
we'll end up with Ross Barkley and that lad that had one good season with Swansea a while back(the names gone outta my head)

Loans do my head in, if he isn't playing for his parent club then we dont/shouldnt want him, when was the last time we out competed a club for a player of significance??
John Toshack?

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:29 am
xgtdec wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am

John Toshack?
I'd bite your hand off, anything to divert the eye from another Laca shit the bed wide open blaze it wide moment.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Well I think we can all agree that the decision not to bring dani ceballos back to the club has come back to haunt us given the lack of midfield options.

Still time to rectify that this transfer window though
Fingers crossed. :barscarf: :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:03 pm
Well I think we can all agree that the decision not to bring dani ceballos back to the club has come back to haunt us given the lack of midfield options.

Naaah! Mate Ceballos is a Definite "NO" in my books. We 'Need" a Muscle Man in mid-field to break up the opposition play, I know people are still making up their minds on Lokonga, but he could be a decent attacking mid-fielder; at least his ability to go forward is better then his skills as a defender,. But Ceballos is too lightweight and way too inconsistent.

We need an out and out striker and a mid-field protector and even if we do secure decent players in those positions - Arteta stillneeeds to be replaced, by whom I don't know - I hoped we might have got Tuchel in when he was available...or now Erik Ten Hag?

shu

Post by shu »

Apparently we are in advanced talks to sign Cardiff's striker Keiffer Moore for 25 mill. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:06 pm
Apparently we are in advanced talks to sign Cardiff's striker Keiffer Moore for 25 mill. :barscarf:

You shitting us ???

wibble

Post by wibble »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:53 pm
wibble wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:03 pm

Naaah! Mate Ceballos is a Definite "NO" in my books. We 'Need" a Muscle Man in mid-field to break up the opposition play, I know people are still making up their minds on Lokonga, but he could be a decent attacking mid-fielder; at least his ability to go forward is better then his skills as a defender,. But Ceballos is too lightweight and way too inconsistent.

We need an out and out striker and a mid-field protector and even if we do secure decent players in those positions - Arteta stillneeeds to be replaced, by whom I don't know - I hoped we might have got Tuchel in when he was available...or now Erik Ten Hag?
Don’t worry I wasn’t being serious. I’m aware ceballos is shite. Don’t know much about this Melo bloke we’re linked with but surely he’s got to be better than our current options?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:04 pm
shu wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:06 pm

You shitting us ???

The fact that it wouldn’t surprise us, if it weren’t a joke, is pretty sad.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have not given up on trying to sign Bruno Guimaraes from Lyon. The Brazil midfielder would cost at least €30m (£25.1m). [@SkySportsNews]