Shower of dirty bin dipping filth* who got us all banned 85-90 H Weds 16th Mar KO 815PM JFT39

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Shower of dirty bin dipping filth* who got us all banned 85-90 H Weds 16th Mar KO 815PM JFT39

Post by OneBardGooner »

cameron326 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:51 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:16 am
cameron326 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:21 pm
When was the last time we beat one of Man Utd, City, Liverpool or Chelsea by 3 goals or more?
About the same time one of your banal self seeking posts was worth reading.
Ok fair enough. Wasn’t a whinge, just more a little frustration against our constant lack of goals against any of the top teams the past decade + . The half dozen posts I made through the game were pretty measured and trying to analyse our relative strengths and deficiencies - rather unlike your embarrassing teenage CAPS LOCK meltdowns which were the definition of self seeking.

Not teenage self seeking, Oh! I Wish... But Pure Frustration And Anger (Hate the scouseFilth)... It's called "Passion" and having seen your posts throughout and after the game they (sadly) were pointing in all directions - a bit Like Clive - And for me not actually 'saying' anything. But Hey it's just an opinion and you know what they say about those... :wink:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Re: Shower of dirty bin dipping filth* who got us all banned 85-90 H Weds 16th Mar KO 815PM JFT39

Post by OneBardGooner »

As someone said we are now in the Business part of the season, where we either stand strong or fall over. In the past we used to have a wobble around Mid-november to mid-December and then do okay but drop important points through March.

In as much as there are no easy games anymore, even against those teams at the lower end of the table, nothing is guaranteed

So the Villans on Sat March 19th, we are well capable of beating these, even though they have recently had an up-turn in form.

So 10 Games left:

4th April Crystal Palace (A) Will be a Tough game - But winnable

9th April Brighton (H) We should turn these over

16th April Southampton (A) Again very winnable

20th April Chavscum (A) We can beat these, but we will need to be on top of our game - To get any kind of result

23rd April Manure (H) We should beat these, But only 3 days between games - They will be rested.

1st May Shammer murderers (A) Depends on how their europa games are going

7th May DirtyCunty Leeds (H) Another should win

15th May Arabian Stripes (A) As above, they will most likely be 'Safe' from relegation by then, so depends on how our fight for Fourth is going.

LAST GAME: 22nd May (H) BlueScouser DirtyCunts They will get physical as they did earlier in the season, (Hope Tomi is back so he can snap that dirtyCunt Gordons un-talented leg)

* Away To The Scum Date to be confirmed.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:31 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:18 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:14 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:33 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 pm
Can someone tell me why 4th place is even remotely exciting?

Clue: none of the money it generates is yours and nor will any of it make any difference as it didn't at any point under Kroenke 2011 to 2017
No one said it's exciting but it's essential to get back to challenging for the title. You have to get to 4th before you get to 1st.
Until the stadium got paid off the money never got put back into the squad. By the time we had the money to spend the rot had well and truly set in. Taken 4 years to renovate the team but keep building and by finishing 4th that'll help us get us challenging again. This team with 3 new top quality additions will be pushing Liverpool and City next season. We've seen how far we have developed from August to January. That progress needs to continue and 4th place is a key marker. Surely you can recognise that?
Kroenke has achieved his goal in the NFL now they'll focus on achieving the same in soccer, with us, which ultimately is CL success.
4th place is available because Manchester United have been utter shit - 50m on Wan Bissaka, 85m on Maguire, 60m on Fred, 80m on Sancho, 100m on Pogba. They are an absolute fucking disgrace but as Scholes said the other day, a better manager will get them back to the right level.

If this current squad finishes 4th with Kroenke's lack of investment behind them, it will be a one off, before the squad of 17 players can't cope with 2 matches per week and we'll be back 7th or 8th quicker than you realise. 4th in this league is a distance behind 1st and 2nd and if you think just pipping an awful Man U and Spurs to 4th is somehow progress towards a title then I'm afraid I don't buy that logic at all
Well, what is logical progress to you?
Finish 8th, followed by 4th/ 5th or 6th is surely progress??
Progress relative to how absolutely shite we have been for the past 2 years, yes. Reminder - Wenger finished 6th in his last season. Emery finished 5th in his one season. So finishing 8th twice in a row is going backwards. Finishing 5th puts us back to where we were 3 years ago.

4th would be a sign of progress. However, if it ends up being a one off and we drop straight back down to 7th, would it be meaningful progress

Your assertion is that 4th will be the start of continual progression, and I'm just reminding you that under this owner we had years of finishing 4th and it didn't lead to any sort of progression......in fact that loser mentality eventually lead to us falling out of the top 4 for the past five years
And thats the crux of it , if we get 4th will they continue investing to push us on as we will need to or will they then just settle.
If they just settle we will tumble back down , we will need 200 million I reckon to push on this summer .

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:51 am
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:53 pm
Villa must win now on Saturday.

What actually has Xhaka done this whole game? He's not made one telling contribution apart from a standard crossfield ball in the 1st half.
The comments on here are hilarious.
Why must Villa win on Saturday ? :D

Can I remind you that before tonight we had won 9 of our previous 11 PL games.
Since mid December we have now only lost to City and Liverpool who happen to be two of the best club sides in the world.
Get a grip.
On my phone and didn't proof read after the game.

Should have said the Villa game is a must win 😳🤦

Obviously I don't want those Brummie bastards to beat us but it's away and after the Man City performance we drew with Burnley straight after. We need to win to keep the chasing pack at arm's length, especially as we play first this weekend.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal are appealing for witnesses after a fan was racially abused during the defeat by Liverpool at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.

The club said the supporter had been a victim of racial abuse and "a physical attack on his cultural identity".

Arsenal appealed for those who were "in and around the toilet facilities in blocks 100-101 in the North Bank Upper Tier at half-time" to come forward.

"We will not stand for this kind of behaviour," Arsenal said.

The incident has been reported to the Metropolitan Police.

"Arsenal is a home for everyone and we take all forms of discriminatory abuse and violence extremely seriously," a club statement read.

"We will continue to remain in contact and offer support to our fan who was the victim of this appalling incident."

SCUMMYFILTYSCOUSECUNTS

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:39 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:51 am
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:53 pm
Villa must win now on Saturday.

What actually has Xhaka done this whole game? He's not made one telling contribution apart from a standard crossfield ball in the 1st half.
The comments on here are hilarious.
Why must Villa win on Saturday ? :D

Can I remind you that before tonight we had won 9 of our previous 11 PL games.
Since mid December we have now only lost to City and Liverpool who happen to be two of the best club sides in the world.
Get a grip.
On my phone and didn't proof read after the game.

Should have said the Villa game is a must win 😳🤦

Obviously I don't want those Brummie bastards to beat us but it's away and after the Man City performance we drew with Burnley straight after. We need to win to keep the chasing pack at arm's length, especially as we play first this weekend.
For the record Villa NIL THE Arsenal 1 ! :barscarf: