Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Costa Del Sol Tournament Winners 1965,1966 A Thu 12th May KO 745PM

Post by Redarmy »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:16 am
I like to think I can remain pretty level headed about The Arsenal nowadays, but for me there is no way that is a penalty. That little shove gets made literally anytime a forward goes up for a header.

I’m also not that fussed about finishing 4th. If we got in the champs league we’d just be dropping down to the Europa after a few matches anyway, and any player looking to join us will know that anyway!
yes everytime a forward goes up for a header...all over the pitch.....never given as a foul even

that scum knew he was in front of cedric and there would be some contact ....he made the most of it because thats what he does....cheat
like his mate kane who used to back into defenders whilst in the air trying to cause a serious injury
does Nekitah do that? does laca do that? does martinelli do that?? are ESR or Saka dirty players?
odergaard would not know how to foul a player

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:54 pm
Kingralph wrote:
I like to think I can remain pretty level headed about The Arsenal nowadays, but for me there is no way that is a penalty. That little shove gets made literally anytime a forward goes up for a header.

I’m also not that fussed about finishing 4th. If we got in the champs league we’d just be dropping down to the Europa after a few matches anyway, and any player looking to join us will know that anyway!
yes everytime a forward goes up for a header...all over the pitch.....never given as a foul even

that scum knew he was in front of cedric and there would be some contact ....he made the most of it because thats what he does....cheat
like his mate kane who used to back into defenders whilst in the air trying to cause a serious injury
does Nekitah do that? does laca do that? does martinelli do that?? are ESR or Saka dirty players?
to a point though is that not part of our problem, we're way way to nice about things.
I mean looking back at the like of DB, TH, PV, RP and so on, they were unbelievably skillful players...in the case of DB perhaps out of this world skillful (id prob include TH but he fooked off to the barcawhores and sullied our relationship)

But they were also absolute bas*tards on the pitch when needed, DB could do you with skill or being a c*nt and he knew when to choose which.

Most if not all of the modern day squad are pussies who dont have the stomach for it im afraid.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xgtdec wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:08 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:54 pm
Kingralph wrote:

to a point though is that not part of our problem, we're way way to nice about things.
I mean looking back at the like of DB, TH, PV, RP and so on, they were unbelievably skillful players...in the case of DB perhaps out of this world skillful (id prob include TH but he fooked off to the barcawhores and sullied our relationship)

But they were also absolute bas*tards on the pitch when needed, DB could do you with skill or being a c*nt and he knew when to choose which.

Most if not all of the modern day squad are pussies who dont have the stomach for it im afraid.
I would agree with that bit to an extent, but for me our downfall happened because the manager is a "Novice"; perhaps he will become a very good manager one day, but at the moment he showed his utter naivety against Cunte he clearly demonstrated that he doesn't yet have the skills and wherewithal to be able to get the players up for a game but without them going overboard which is what happened first with Holding; who was out-of-his-depth against a player like Pot Poodle who is well known by all and sundry to be able to con the ref with his antics; even though he has amazing skills. After Holding was sent off, the rest of the players (especially the younger one's) through no fault of their own didn't know what to do.

As much as it was the players on the pitch making the mistakes and letting the occasion overawe them, it was Arteta through his naivety who didn't prepare them properly for the game properly. As an old sports teacher open said:

"There's a difference between passion and the desire to win and being able to harness and use that desire to win instead of letting it take control of you in the game"

I'm sure they all went onto the pitch determined to give their all and do their best, but when you see Arteta doing what he has seen doing since he became manager; gesticulating and trying to orchestrate every nanosecond of the game from the touch-line, and Cunte appearing more calm and centred and far less demonstrative; yes he was barking orders etc but the scum players had a game plan and besides the opening 15 minutes they managed to stick to it.

ie: Get the first goal; by hook or by crook (which is what Pot Poodle did) so that some of our players got more nervous, also the game plan then had to change which is what happened, but our players 'lost it' instead of remaining the calm, which is what a seasoned pro does in the midst of a War, which is what it was.

So as much as the players tried their best they lost their thread, with a few of them fucking up because of their lack of experience etc, but it was arteta at the root of it all.

So, besides the other obvious flaws in arteta's ability as a manager; like keeping Clive on and continuing to select him even though he has proven he is more of a liability than an asset AND reducing the squad to its threadbare state, this NLD showed him to be incapable of meeting the kind of challenges ay Arsenal manager needs to be able to handle and overcome.

#ArtetaOut :?

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Dickhead Arteta. Pressing high up the pitch when in this game we only needed a draw. I honestly cannot believe we gave the game away like that and made it easy for Spurs to excel at what they do best, which is use Kane and Son on the counter. This is the professional that still deserts us. We were so caught up on this 'oh its Spurs we have to beat them' when actually no we didn't need to beat them.

I was looking for this game to see how Arteta approached it and he approached it like Wenger would have, which is lets just try and outfootball a good football team at their own ground and not utilize the fact a draw for us would have been as good as a win. We did exactly what Spurs wanted us to do, and not what they didnt want us to do. Of course Holding got sent off, he was a nervous wreck against Son, one half of one of the great forward partnerships in Premier League history. Talk about chumming the waters and inviting Son and Kane over to dinner. Fuck me dead we couldnt have made it more appetizing for them unless we seasoned Ramsdale's goal.

This can go up the very front of the que as one of the biggest tactical disasters in years gone by. FFS Arteta, your really beginning to give me the Wenger vibes with your shit and arrogant tactics.

John F

Post by John F »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 1:29 pm
Dickhead Arteta. Pressing high up the pitch when in this game we only needed a draw. I honestly cannot believe we gave the game away like that and made it easy for Spurs to excel at what they do best, which is use Kane and Son on the counter. This is the professional that still deserts us. We were so caught up on this 'oh its Spurs we have to beat them' when actually no we didn't need to beat them.

I was looking for this game to see how Arteta approached it and he approached it like Wenger would have, which is lets just try and outfootball a good football team at their own ground and not utilize the fact a draw for us would have been as good as a win. We did exactly what Spurs wanted us to do, and not what they didnt want us to do. Of course Holding got sent off, he was a nervous wreck against Son, one half of one of the great forward partnerships in Premier League history. Talk about chumming the waters and inviting Son and Kane over to dinner. Fuck me dead we couldnt have made it more appetizing for them unless we seasoned Ramsdale's goal.

This can go up the very front of the que as one of the biggest tactical disasters in years gone by. FFS Arteta, your really beginning to give me the Wenger vibes with your shit and arrogant tactics.
That is spot on it did show up the tactical limitations of Arteta. People may excuse him because he is a Novice but to me, it was a lack of common sense. Naivety is no excuse for ignoring the bleeding obvious.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Fuckin scum, really hate that lot.......we need to get top 4 now desperately

NickF

Post by NickF »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 am
NickF wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:54 pm
How many games has Saka played this year considering no European football and out the cup earlier?

We're guaranteed European football next year so there's a lot more games next season.

Yes and he needs a rest now , He is 20 years old and in the last 3 seasons has featured in 139 games for club and country , with a crazy world cup coming in an unhospitable country in mid season it's only going to get worse.
This kid is one of the clubs main assets , he receives "the treatment" every time he plays , think of Wilshere and Michael Owen burned out before they reached their prime by being over played . it's a risk that we really don't want to take.
Difficult to work out as like most on here you can't quote properly, if at all. I'll make some poor bastard on a mobile spend thirty seconds scrolling to see a one line reply. :-P

You have to accept if you want the best players available nowadays, they will have to play league, europe and international. They have to be able to play 90 minutes twice a week. If they can't unfortunately they will not make it at the very top level.

But don't worry, I'm sure he will be rested for the early rounds of the Europa.

Most of us have to work more than 40 hours a week to watch this shit, all we're asking is 90 minutes twice a week.