Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:16 pm
Truth is he thinks that he is the leader , that's why he spends all the time screaming and gesticulating on the touchline . He hasn't learned to delegate.
Either that or he sees Clive as the Leader; because he points and shouts a great deal throughout every game, which is a good pointer (yes! pun intended :oops: ) as to why Carpet Head sent Clive out to do the main post game interview after the Toon schooled the team.

I honestly do believe that is why he kept Clive and persists on playing him; because he genuinely sees him as THE Leader and it will only be a matter of time; probably from the start of next season that the Captains Armband will be re-instated to Clive, especially as he recently scored a goal and was thus forgiven by the adoring hordes at games AND Clive being the brave warrior he is took on the might of the Media after the defeat to the Toon (whilst digging out and slagging off the very same youngsters who have carried the team much of this season).

For just this reason alone Carpet Head deserves to be Sacked.

#ArtetaOut

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:52 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 5:22 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:49 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm
That was disgraceful last night only just calmed down , no fight , no passion , kids are burnt out . I wanted 5th beginning of season but feels like a loss at the moment and will springboard spurs with cunte , then we have Newcastle, welcome to the new Everton.

I don't want to be a smartarse 265, but this was only 2 or 3 days ago. The new Everton you say....things are bad after all.

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread
Post by Retro Gunner » Sun May 15, 2022 5:22 pm

gooner265 wrote: ↑
Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 pm
Retro Gunner wrote: ↑
Fri May 13, 2022 6:03 pm
For what it's worth, Jesus is not the answer (well not the one from from City anyway....and I'm not sure that the other one could perform the miracle of 20+ goals playing in this pony side), because if he can't score enough in the City side, then wait until he's starved of chances playing with our lot. Why do we always buy the cast offs of teams that we're supposed to be trying to compete with? It's counter intuitive.

The team is a mess. The jury still very much out on Ramsdale as far as I'm concerned (I think we sold the better keeper to Villa), likewise Ben White (50 million :shock: ), Cedric and Tavares little more than Championship level, centre mid a disaster area, Odegaard a lightweight luxury and Eddie won't ever be good enough. The only ones I rate are ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Gabriel and Tomi and as Augie has said, I'd be more than surprised if any more than one (maximum two) of them are around for more than the next two seasons. Saka, Tomi and Gabriel are sure of their places, but will attract attention and the other two are far from guaranteed a start with us, yet are the best two we have imo. Someone will come knocking for them and they'll go if they have any sense.

Wow we might as well all give up and go home didn’t realise things were that bad !
By the way Jesus goals to minute ratio is only bettered by Aguero at City , he also has a great assists record, considering a lot of them were as a sub as well he'sa decent addition with another striker coming in as well.

Yep, they're bad mate. It's a relative issue of course, we're not Norwich, but for a team supposedly interested in competing at the top level, we're no further forward than we were 15 years ago...in fact, we've gone backwards. Arteta is not the answer and we won't compete with him as manager. Let's see if we win our last two to get CL. Let's also wait and see how long the youngsters I've mentioned hang about once the big boys come knocking.

As for Gabriel Jesus, if he's so impressive, why are City getting shot of him and why is he so often on the bench? If he's not the answer for them, then we ought to look elsewhere. Also, are any other big clubs sniffing round him? It's high time we learnt that if a player is genuinely worth 50, 60, or 70 million, then we won't get him, because the big teams will be involved and he'll choose them over us . We tend to be mugged into paying top dollar for players that top contenders aren't interested in and that's how you end up paying 72 million for Pepe. We aren't capable of landing players genuinely worth 72 million.
I said it feels like a loss at the moment bigger picture is we hit my target so need a big summer and get some leaders in and learn from this.
He hasn't brought in a leader in 2 and a half years so why start now ?
Most managers including myself reflect and realise what is needed from past performances and mistakes. Rookie managers eventually grow and learn (well the good ones) , so he has to adapt or he will be gone as I dont think even our board would accept a poor season next year.
I think the board will back him in the summer so its a huge one to bring in the right players .

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I would say Xhaka is a leader. He’s like the leaders at my firm - we have leaders who are leading us in totally the wrong direction. Most of them have got to the top by arse licking their own bosses. They take credit for things they haven’t done and deny any knowledge of the mistakes they are responsible for.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:56 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm
That was disgraceful last night only just calmed down , no fight , no passion , kids are burnt out . I wanted 5th beginning of season but feels like a loss at the moment and will springboard spurs with cunte , then we have Newcastle, welcome to the new Everton.

I don't want to be a smartarse 265, but this was only 2 or 3 days ago. The new Everton you say....things are bad after all.

For what it's worth, Jesus is not the answer (well not the one from from City anyway....and I'm not sure that the other one could perform the miracle of 20+ goals playing in this pony side), because if he can't score enough in the City side, then wait until he's starved of chances playing with our lot. Why do we always buy the cast offs of teams that we're supposed to be trying to compete with? It's counter intuitive.

The team is a mess. The jury still very much out on Ramsdale as far as I'm concerned (I think we sold the better keeper to Villa), likewise Ben White (50 million :shock: ), Cedric and Tavares little more than Championship level, centre mid a disaster area, Odegaard a lightweight luxury and Eddie won't ever be good enough. The only ones I rate are ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Gabriel and Tomi and as Augie has said, I'd be more than surprised if any more than one (maximum two) of them are around for more than the next two seasons. Saka, Tomi and Gabriel are sure of their places, but will attract attention and the other two are far from guaranteed a start with us, yet are the best two we have imo. Someone will come knocking for them and they'll go if they have any sense.

Wow we might as well all give up and go home didn’t realise things were that bad !
By the way Jesus goals to minute ratio is only bettered by Aguero at City , he also has a great assists record, considering a lot of them were as a sub as well he'sa decent addition with another striker coming in as well.

Yep, they're bad mate. It's a relative issue of course, we're not Norwich, but for a team supposedly interested in competing at the top level, we're no further forward than we were 15 years ago...in fact, we've gone backwards. Arteta is not the answer and we won't compete with him as manager. Let's see if we win our last two to get CL. Let's also wait and see how long the youngsters I've mentioned hang about once the big boys come knocking.

As for Gabriel Jesus, if he's so impressive, why are City getting shot of him and why is he so often on the bench? If he's not the answer for them, then we ought to look elsewhere. Also, are any other big clubs sniffing round him? It's high time we learnt that if a player is genuinely worth 50, 60, or 70 million, then we won't get him, because the big teams will be involved and he'll choose them over us . We tend to be mugged into paying top dollar for players that top contenders aren't interested in and that's how you end up paying 72 million for Pepe. We aren't capable of landing players genuinely worth 72 million.
I said it feels like a loss at the moment bigger picture is we hit my target so need a big summer and get some leaders in and learn from this.
Most managers including myself reflect and realise what is needed from past performances and mistakes. Rookie managers eventually grow and learn (well the good ones) , so he has to adapt or he will be gone as I dont think even our board would accept a poor season next year.
I think the board will back him in the summer so its a huge one to bring in the right players .
You'd think so and I try to ignore the transfer rumours as much as i can, but you can't help but think that the likes of Jesus will join and take up most of our budget....then it will be a couple of flaky kids from Brazil

If he doesn't sign anyone in their late 20s or older you might as well give up any hope of doing better next year

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:20 am
I would say Xhaka is a leader. He’s like the leaders at my firm - we have leaders who are leading us in totally the wrong direction. Most of them have got to the top by arse licking their own bosses. They take credit for things they haven’t done and deny any knowledge of the mistakes they are responsible for.
:lol:

I was reading your opening line with the cursor hovering over the BanHammer button..... :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:07 am
Far be it from me to defend Xhaka but I don’t see anything wrong with what he said last night.

The interviewer fed him the line about inexperience being an issue (as he did to Arteta previously - obviously the narrative he was going with) and he responded by saying if you’re 10 or 35 and too scared to play then stay at home. I see fuck all wrong with that personally, I agree with it 1 million per cent.

Just as I see nothing wrong with what was then said when they went back to the studio and Carragher ripped him to shreds for doing fuck all to help the cause while out on the pitch and Neville eviscerated him for being a disgrace for the past 5 seasons.

I don’t think he was blaming the younger players at all, just answering a leading question.
The problem for me is who said it. Clive. The singular cùnt that has contributed the least, but caused the most damage, whilst playing the most minutes. The ultimate spoofer bullshitter foobler. The cowardly childish selfish moronic cùnt that is a walking liability. :roll:

Tbh if Eddie the Feather had come out and said it I'd have said "fair enough". At least he put in a shift against the Toon unlike Clive who just drifted around the midfield doing nothing and then tried to get himself a red by acting the arsehole. But that's Clive. He has two speeds: invisible or catastrophic stupidity.

Eddie didn't play that well but he busted a gut chasing lost causes all night.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:06 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:20 am

I was reading your opening line with the cursor hovering over the BanHammer button..... :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:47 am
gooner265 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:56 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

You'd think so and I try to ignore the transfer rumours as much as i can, but you can't help but think that the likes of Jesus will join and take up most of our budget....then it will be a couple of flaky kids from Brazil

If he doesn't sign anyone in their late 20s or older you might as well give up any hope of doing better next year

Character not age is the bigger issue for me Steve - xhaka is an older experienced player but is a negative influence in the club. Tony Adams was a leader of men as a teenager - yes football and life has changed and there are few/no TA6's around anymore, but it is still possible to sign players with passion and leadership qualities that team-mates will follow, but those type of players come with a confidence and attitude that will unsettle pep's cone boy who would feel undermined by that player, and that is why signing that type of player will not happen until lego heads watch. A confident and assured manager does not expel players from the club like this cock does

On the subject of leadership or lackthereof, I had an interesting conversation recently with my son's under 17 football manager - he stated his belief that kids reared in the country (this is a country club) have everything done for them at home, and that as a consequence they are not brought up to take responsibility to sort things out for themselves on or off the pitch. The last few days it got me thinking about how that thinking reflects on pro footballers too - everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is done for these pampered c.unts off the pitch by clubs nowadays, and it looks to (a) an absolute sense of entitlement (b) an inability to work things out for themselves and solve problems.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Of the numerous reasons to sack Arteta, his persistence with Xhaka has to be right up there. A calamity jane footballer ready to piss away possession at a moments notice and who lunges in needlessly. It really is telling how the club works when we tried to sell him last summer and when no one was stupid enough to take him then he stayed in the team.