Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:02 am
Lineker and kane congratulating some lower league player for admitting hes homosexual ( more BBC woke points for both)

the fella apparently needs to tell his "story"

is anyone other than imediate family remotely interested....FFS .....

totally ridiculous
Exactly.

So he probably bummed a few fellas in secret, hardly big news.

Fair play to the lad for coming out but leave it at that and let him play football.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:40 am
Redarmy wrote:
Lineker and kane congratulating some lower league player for admitting hes homosexual ( more BBC woke points for both)

totally ridiculous
It's such horseshit. It achieves nothing but putting a big old target right on the kid's back. No one needs to know his private business, particularly in a high profile sport like football where there is not much intelligence or acceptance of anything outside the perceived norm. He will get treated like shit by some of his fellow players and ripped apart by oppo fans / homophobic idiots.

Yes yes blah blah he should have every right to live openly and freely as he chooses, I agree, but unfortunately that is not the world we live in. Ffs we still have black players getting racially abused on a weekly basis. :x

I don't care if you are straight, gay, bi-this, trans-that, or rodderz ( :shock: :wink: ), I will treat you depending on how you treat me and my family. But there are a lot of small minded morons out there that don't think like that.

If he was my kid I'd have said to him, keep your business to yourself, don't ever be ashamed of who you are, but don't be going around seeking media attention based on it, if you want to stay in football. After you finish playing then go court the media if that's what you want.

Personally I don't see the need to announce this kind of thing publicly. Just live your life.

I wish him luck, he'll probably need it. :(
In our celebrity obsessed society can only think its a claim to raise his profile.....and be famous....even for 15 minutes.....guess that wont happen playing for todays blackpool side

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous
It's such horseshit. It achieves nothing but putting a big old target right on the kid's back. No one needs to know his private business, particularly in a high profile sport like football where there is not much intelligence or acceptance of anything outside the perceived norm. He will get treated like shit by some of his fellow players and ripped apart by oppo fans / homophobic idiots.

Yes yes blah blah he should have every right to live openly and freely as he chooses, I agree, but unfortunately that is not the world we live in. Ffs we still have black players getting racially abused on a weekly basis. :x

I don't care if you are straight, gay, bi-this, trans-that, or rodderz ( :shock: :wink: ), I will treat you depending on how you treat me and my family. But there are a lot of small minded morons out there that don't think like that.

If he was my kid I'd have said to him, keep your business to yourself, don't ever be ashamed of who you are, but don't be going around seeking media attention based on it, if you want to stay in football. After you finish playing then go court the media if that's what you want.

Personally I don't see the need to announce this kind of thing publicly. Just live your life.

In our celebrity obsessed society can only think its a claim to raise his profile.....and be famous....even for 15 minutes.....guess that wont happen playing for todays blackpool side
Ooh that's quite cynical buddy... :wink: But you are probably 100% right.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous

Poor Kid is going to get some serious grief now.

:rubchin:

Maybe Arsenal should sign him and bring out a 4th LGBT Kit just to show how right on we are as a club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:51 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous

Maybe Arsenal should sign him and bring out a 4th LGBT Kit just to show how right on we are as a club.
With Linda McCartney-Zoolander due back this summer, he could design it for the club. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous

With Linda McCartney-Zoolander due back this summer, he could design it for the club. :lol:
:lol:

Awwwww! Cheers mate I'd forgotten all about that cunnt.

:wailer:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous

Look! It's even got a Dolphin on it as well! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Am I being cynical in thinking it was probably his agent who talked him into coming out? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking pc horseshit. Stick to your own game ffs. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know it's bad enough that we have to endure women commentators & pundits, who without exception all sound like 11yr old boys waiting for the gonads to drop along with their voices from the high screechy bollox we have to put up with.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous

think he will be ok...nobodys bothered

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous

That’s a bummer :-P :shock: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:47 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

totally ridiculous

That’s a bummer :-P :shock: :oops:
You "Crease" me up sometimes mate! :D :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Sorry was that crease or Grease ?