Everton erseholes H Sun 22nd May KO 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Everton erseholes H Sun 22nd May KO 4pm

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:54 pm

Hope there's 30000 empty seats like the old Wenger days and a few apathetic boos at the end. Carpet Head deserves nothing more
I actually hope it’s a full house. This young team deserves nothing less than being applauded for their efforts. It’s not all about Arteta mate.

Earlier in the thread you also said you hope scum thrash Norwich and therefore finish 4th. Firstly. I never want scum to win and I dislike the idea of Arsenal fans wanting any scum success…. Surely scum losing and we hilariously finishing 4th would be far far better wouldn’t it? :? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:02 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:54 pm

Hope there's 30000 empty seats like the old Wenger days and a few apathetic boos at the end. Carpet Head deserves nothing more
I actually hope it’s a full house. This young team deserves nothing less than being applauded for their efforts. It’s not all about Arteta mate.

Earlier in the thread you also said you hope scum thrash Norwich and therefore finish 4th. Firstly. I never want scum to win and I dislike the idea of Arsenal fans wanting any scum success…. Surely scum losing and we hilariously finishing 4th would be far far better wouldn’t it? :? :lol:
Of course theoretically if that happened it would be absolutely pant pissingly funny, and I must admit when the food poisoning rumours started up last night, a wry smile broke over my face

However- back to reality, this collapse - 6 defeats in 11 and who we've lost to and how - doesn't deserve any adulation in my book. All 11 wilted - ESR and Saka being amongst the biggest culprits....so good though they've been during large parts of the season, they've gone hiding when it matters most

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:38 am
All 11 wilted - ESR and Saka being amongst the biggest culprits....so good though they've been during large parts of the season, they've gone hiding when it matters most
Yeah, they wilted badly and Martinelli totally lost his goalscoring touch too. I guess that was always likely with young players but still disappointing; I blame Arteta for relying on them too heavily.

Laca pisses me off most though. He’s only 30 ffs but plays like he’s 40… no way should he be going an entire season with 12 shots on target and no goals from open play in 2022. Forget captain; I wouldn’t have him in the squad tomorrow. Let his fat arse waddle off into the sunset.

Anyway, Im an optimist so I’ll be tuning in tomorrow with an eye on the Norwich game. There’s always a chance and, with nothing to play for but pride , maybe, just maybe, Norwich will give their home fans a nice send off. Doubt it though :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Much as I hate the way we've collapsed, much as I really can't like Arteta or his inability to manage at the highest level. I still want us to win, and if Norwich were to pull off a miracle I'd be pissing myself until New Year :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:13 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:38 am
All 11 wilted - ESR and Saka being amongst the biggest culprits....so good though they've been during large parts of the season, they've gone hiding when it matters most
Yeah, they wilted badly and Martinelli totally lost his goalscoring touch too. I guess that was always likely with young players but still disappointing; I blame Arteta for relying on them too heavily.

Laca pisses me off most though. He’s only 30 ffs but plays like he’s 40… no way should he be going an entire season with 12 shots on target and no goals from open play in 2022. Forget captain; I wouldn’t have him in the squad tomorrow. Let his fat arse waddle off into the sunset.

Anyway, Im an optimist so I’ll be tuning in tomorrow with an eye on the Norwich game. There’s always a chance and, with nothing to play for but pride , maybe, just maybe, Norwich will give their home fans a nice send off. Doubt it though :lol:
At the turn of the year I was a big fan of what Laca was doing for the team, but as soon as Auba was gone and he became automatic first choice I'm afraid he stunk the place out. Another example of what happens to someone with a lack of competition and pressure to compete for his place. I always thought Leno was a decent keeper when there was a decent understudy, but when we fucked them all off and he had Runarrsson under him he became a useless, lazy, complacent arsehole. When he got his odd chance this season like Villa away he was very competent again. Nobody should have a divine right to their place in this side - there's nobody at an Henry, Vieira, Adams level who picks themselves every week. If he's serious about taking this team to the next level then we need leaders and decent competition for places

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'm pleased Everton managed to stay up before our game. I've always got on well with Evertonians. However, the disgraceful abuse of PV4, a club legend and should have a statue outside the Emirates, should be incentive enough to absolutely slam them. Hope the Vieira song gets sung loud and proud on Sunday.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:51 am
Much as I hate the way we've collapsed, much as I really can't like Arteta or his inability to manage at the highest level. I still want us to win, and if Norwich were to pull off a miracle I'd be pissing myself until New Year :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
^^^This 1,000% ^^^. :high5:

Can you imagine if Norwich were to pull off the unlikely Win and we somehow get 4th... Oh! The ABSOLUTE JOY of knowing we got it by luck AND to be able to Rub It In on all the scum fans...That is Rodders Bundy Filling Time!± :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:41 am
. Hope the Vieira song gets sung loud and proud on Sunday.
Especially if we are Winning.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:49 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:51 am
^^^This 1,000% ^^^. :high5:

Can you imagine if Norwich were to pull off the unlikely Win and we somehow get 4th... Oh! The ABSOLUTE JOY of knowing we got it by luck AND to be able to Rub It In on all the scum fans...That is Rodders Bundy Filling Time!± :D
It is possible, it is sperz after all, Lasagnegate, 4-0 against a relegated Newcastle.
Can't see it though, in fat tongue, dog muncher and Conte, I think they'll be able to hold their nerve.
I'm already dreading next season with Arteta in charge and the long wait ahead before he is sacked.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:41 am
I'm pleased Everton managed to stay up before our game. I've always got on well with Evertonians. However, the disgraceful abuse of PV4, a club legend and should have a statue outside the Emirates, should be incentive enough to absolutely slam them. Hope the Vieira song gets sung loud and proud on Sunday.
scum fans...just a shame they we did not relegate them...wankers

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! Would have loved to see that Dirty Cunnt Gordon crying and then all the scousers whining and talking out of the side of their shytehole gobs about how it was fixed etc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So then Good Gooners what's it to be?

Win ???

Draw ???

Lose ???

Something tells me we will somehow get a win and the adoring fans that stay on for the walk around will sing the Arteta song and Clive will give his shirt to some adoring young Gooner who doesn't yet understand the difference between Hero and Cun.t.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I have no idea What'll happen tbh. We are so capable of winning and equally capable of losing this game.

And then there's the sperzy element. They are very capable of losing when it matters. But could also smash Norwich 5 nil as you'd have to think most of the Norwich players are mentally already on the beach.

What will most likely happen is sperz lose, and we go one up, Martinez-Lite tries his hand at "tactics" again, and we concede a stupid goal (probably involving Clive) in the 92nd minute and shit our own bed. :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Pitch invasion potential 0/10

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Don't do it to yourselves lads

Spurs will be at least 2 up by half time

There's no end of season miracle coming