Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply

What Will Be Arsenal's Finishing Position This Season?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 pm

In the Top 4.
1
3%
In the Top 6.
10
28%
In the Top 8.
11
31%
In the Top Half of the Table
7
19%
In the Bottom Half of the Table
7
19%
Relegation Zone
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 36

falkirk goon
Posts: 3509
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am
Location: In a darkened room

Re: Finishing Position for This Season

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:39 pm
Swiss fannybulge is staying and that means any tiny piece of optimism I had is flushed doon the bog :roll: I think 8th-12th but it could be 13th-15th just as easy.Another season watching that fanny being skinned and giving away needless fouls :barscarf: what's not to love about modern day Arsenal.

It'll be 3 defeats from 3 in August I reckon..1-2 bees 1-3 chavs and 4 or 5 nil to city.
8th-12th a bit out :lol: but my predictions for the first 3 games werent bad :rubchin:

gooner265
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by gooner265 »

Tha same Brighton that beat Spurs and Wolves away , gone are the days of roll overs

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 14919
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by mcdowell42 »

If Liverpool beat the scum sat night,and if we win against Leeds and then beat spurs on Thurs that guarantees us 4th spot

What could possibly go wrong :lol:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 54758
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:33 am
If Liverpool beat the scum sat night,and if we win against Leeds and then beat spurs on Thurs that guarantees us 4th spot

What could possibly go wrong :lol:
:rubchin:

:-P :wink:

User avatar
g88ner
Posts: 14595
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:33 am
If Liverpool beat the scum sat night,and if we win against Leeds and then beat spurs on Thurs that guarantees us 4th spot

What could possibly go wrong :lol:
Yeah, top 4 battle over on Thursday with 2 games to spare. I’d take that! :lol:

If it’s not sealed by Thursday, I would certainly worry when you look at the remaining Arsenal and scum fixtures :?

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 34458
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by OneBardGooner »

It all hangs on the NLD.

Win It or Fuck the fuck off. simples

arrgee
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by arrgee »

Who voted in the poll that Arsenal would be top 4? I thought 5th at start of season and that is nailed on. Didn’t anticipate Manchester United being so poor.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 7739
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Finishing Position for This Season

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 pm
I have reluctantly put top 6.
It is hard to see which of the top 4 will finish out of those places next season, but I am confident that we will finish 5th.

No European football will help along with a fairly settled squad.
Certainly we were a better team than our finishing position suggested last season - 47 points from the last 24 matches is clear top 4 form. Saka is now one of the best young players in the world and White is a good addition to the defence.

I just don’t understand how some posters on here are suggesting a bottom half finish - no facts at all to back that up.
For starters with a crowd back our home form should improve. that was what ultimately cost us a top 4 finish last season.
Got it spot on :barscarf:

I am not as optimistic for next season..

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 34458
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by OneBardGooner »

Okay so the outcome of the Voting at the Start of This Season is as follows:

Top 4 = 1 Vote / 3% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 6 = 10 Votes / 28% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 8 = 11 Votes / 31% of the Total Votes cast.

Top Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Bottom Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Relegation Zone = No Votes.

gooner265
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:27 am
Okay so the outcome of the Voting at the Start of This Season is as follows:

Top 4 = 1 Vote / 3% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 6 = 10 Votes / 28% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 8 = 11 Votes / 31% of the Total Votes cast.

Top Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Bottom Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Relegation Zone = No Votes.
Do we get a prize :) :barscarf:

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I thought 8th-10th, so 5th is higher than expected but the capitulation at the end of the season shows that we’re still an 8th placed team.

Had we not fucked around vs Palace, Brighton or Southampton earlier in April then we’d still have had ground to be in 4th.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 34458
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:27 am
Okay so the outcome of the Voting at the Start of This Season is as follows:

Top 4 = 1 Vote / 3% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 6 = 10 Votes / 28% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 8 = 11 Votes / 31% of the Total Votes cast.

Top Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Bottom Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Relegation Zone = No Votes.
Do we get a prize :) :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like the team; "No". Sorry mate. :wink:

gooner265
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:42 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:27 am
Okay so the outcome of the Voting at the Start of This Season is as follows:

Top 4 = 1 Vote / 3% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 6 = 10 Votes / 28% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 8 = 11 Votes / 31% of the Total Votes cast.

Top Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Bottom Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Relegation Zone = No Votes.
Do we get a prize :) :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like the team; "No". Sorry mate. :wink:
Not even a bath with Rodders :lol:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 34458
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:42 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:27 am
Okay so the outcome of the Voting at the Start of This Season is as follows:

Top 4 = 1 Vote / 3% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 6 = 10 Votes / 28% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 8 = 11 Votes / 31% of the Total Votes cast.

Top Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Bottom Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Relegation Zone = No Votes.
Do we get a prize :) :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like the team; "No". Sorry mate. :wink:
Not even a bath with Rodders :lol:
What!??? You call that a "Prize"???! :lol: Oh! Okay THAT can be arranged but following bath nights with Rodders all participants are then sold to a gang of OCG's in the Middle East. So get your suitcase packed and remember to pack plenty of lube. :wink:

gooner265
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Finishing Position for This Season (merged thread)

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:18 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:42 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:27 am
Okay so the outcome of the Voting at the Start of This Season is as follows:

Top 4 = 1 Vote / 3% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 6 = 10 Votes / 28% of the Total Votes cast.

Top 8 = 11 Votes / 31% of the Total Votes cast.

Top Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Bottom Half of the Table = 7 Votes / 19% of the Total Votes cast.

Relegation Zone = No Votes.
Do we get a prize :) :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like the team; "No". Sorry mate. :wink:
Not even a bath with Rodders :lol:
What!??? You call that a "Prize"???! :lol: Oh! Okay THAT can be arranged but following bath nights with Rodders all participants are then sold to a gang of OCG's in the Middle East. So get your suitcase packed and remember to pack plenty of lube. :wink:
:lol:

Post Reply