ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Arsenal are interested in bringing Serge Gnabry back to The Carpet & the player can also imagine returning... It may be difficult to do, due to no UCL, but they’ll try. He may also leave as a free agent next year if a deal falls through this summer [Via - @CFBayern].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Eddie Nketiah understood to have changed mind on leaving Arsenal. 22yo striker was set to go as free agent but now expected to sign new contract. Deal not finalised but duration likely to be up to 5 years @TheAthleticUK after @SamiMokbel81_DM scoop #AFC https://t.co/8kltB6bRc0

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:20 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:08 am
It would be a terrible shame to see Tierney go. He is one of about oh maybe three players with a spine, the right attitude, genuine talent, and actual non-pointing related leadership ability.

But then all of those things are of zero benefit if the player in question is in the treatment room for half of each season.... :|
Saw on twatter yesterday that he played in just 64% of Celtic's league games during his last four seasons there and has only played in 56% of the league games for us since joining.

This isn't a once off or a bit of bad luck, he misses large chunks of every season and if it's true that that sort of money is on the table we'd be insane not to grab it and invest it in someone who can play more than 10 games in a row without being ruled out for the season.
Tierney is class but he is also injury prone..This is maybe why we're going for Hickey from Bologna..He's also class,granted he is far younger and has played far less games than Tierney.I love Tierney and his all action style but that's probably also the cause of so many injuries :cry: It's 100mph with him all the time which a lot of the time means time on the treatment table :cry:

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:40 pm
🚨 Eddie Nketiah understood to have changed mind on leaving Arsenal. 22yo striker was set to go as free agent but now expected to sign new contract. Deal not finalised but duration likely to be up to 5 years @TheAthleticUK after @SamiMokbel81_DM scoop #AFC https://t.co/8kltB6bRc0
very disappointed to hear this as he's a fucking waste of time.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I thought the idea was to be getting rid of the deadwood but now Eddie Feather and Elneny are set to stay. FFS, we'll be keeping Bellerin next!

shu

Post by shu »

I think you will be right , just like signing a new player , mind you we could have done with him .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Hey at least we could sell him next season and get decent fee for the record breaking England u21 goalscorer :barscarf: :rubchin:
Last edited by StuartL on Wed May 25, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

He’ll be on £80k a week with therefore no resale value. :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sportsmail understands that Arsenal’s contract offer to Eddie Nketiah is a five-year deal worth in the region of £100k-per-week. Nketiah has also been offered a huge signing on bonus, believed to be up to £5m over the course of the deal. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Another great example of the mis-management that is rife within the club from tip to toe - two players who lego head clearly didnt want or rate for all bar a few months of his two and a half year reign, have now been begged and coaxed to stay and will have got bumper pay rises into the bargain :roll: All the while the basque c.unt fcuked out players who are 10 times the players that these two will ever be - I dont have any personal issue with either elneny or nketieh cos I suspect that both are honest players who will give their all, but the reality is that neither are good enough and we will now probably only be bringing in one new striker, and if that striker is gabriel jesus then we are royally fcuked next season

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 pm
Sportsmail understands that Arsenal’s contract offer to Eddie Nketiah is a five-year deal worth in the region of £100k-per-week. Nketiah has also been offered a huge signing on bonus, believed to be up to £5m over the course of the deal. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

Honest to god that is shocking - truly, truly shocking. That type of business acumen is more akin to fools and horses than a multi billion pound sports company :oops: :oops: :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
If that’s true that is shocking - he Is worth about half that given his goal return.

What on earth will that do for Saka / ESR / Martinelli who are on significantly less but contributed far more :banghead: :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
I’m okay with him (and Elneny) staying so we can concentrate our limited resources on 1 striker (not 2) and a midfielder but £100k a week is madness. We’ll never be able to shift him so that’s basically Nketiah at Arsenal for 5 more years. Better hope he’s useful otherwise he’ll be another deadweight we’ll end up paying to leave :?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
£100k for 5 goals in 21 matches. :coffeespit:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

How many times do we get bumped into a big contract out of desperation to retain a player we don’t really need? We then sit there for years while they contribute next to nothing.

:banghead: