ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blim

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Blim »

augie wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:53 pm
Midz wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:40 pm
🚨 Eddie Nketiah understood to have changed mind on leaving Arsenal. 22yo striker was set to go as free agent but now expected to sign new contract. Deal not finalised but duration likely to be up to 5 years @TheAthleticUK after @SamiMokbel81_DM scoop #AFC https://t.co/8kltB6bRc0
very disappointed to hear this as he's a fucking waste of time.

Another great example of the mis-management that is rife within the club from tip to toe - two players who lego head clearly didnt want or rate for all bar a few months of his two and a half year reign, have now been begged and coaxed to stay and will have got bumper pay rises into the bargain :roll: All the while the basque c.unt fcuked out players who are 10 times the players that these two will ever be - I dont have any personal issue with either elneny or nketieh cos I suspect that both are honest players who will give their all, but the reality is that neither are good enough and we will now probably only be bringing in one new striker, and if that striker is gabriel jesus then we are royally fcuked next season
Spot on with that assessment. :bowing21:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:12 am
The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

How many times do we get bumped into a big contract out of desperation to retain a player we don’t really need? We then sit there for years while they contribute next to nothing.

:banghead:
Remember how we used to say this exact same thing about Wenger, fuck it's depressing.

I can kind of understand offering Elnenny a 1 year contract extension (as a squad / back up player), he is not the Mid-field Marshall & Protector we need, when called upon by Farteta; having not played for ages he did his best to Step Up To The Plate and let's be honest having to play alongside Clive would make any players task more difficult.

And as almost everyone else has said on here: To offer Nketiah a new deal is the wrong decision, it shows lack of foresight, lack of the ability to see where our weaknesses and strengths ( :roll: ) lie. Nketiah tries his best but just like Odegaard, Cedric & Holding he simply is Too Lightweight to deal with the physicality and skills levels needed to play in the Prem, especially for a Club that has a reputation as being one of the Top Teams in the Prem; which sadly is beginning to look doubtful with each passing season under the mis-ownership and mis-management of Wiggy&Jnr and Farteta & Eduwank.

Why sign Nketiah to another contract when the world and his dog can see the is not good enough foe the Prem? Surely it would be better to use the Signing On fee and his wages to sign someone more robust and who will 'do a job'.

Various rumours in the Media have hinted that there is between £150Million and £250Million available to spend in the up and coming transfer window, even if those figures are anywhere near the truth; which I don't think is true, so why spend it on shyte? May as well use it to reduce season ticket prices so those long standing fans who still keep going, spending their hard earned cash so they get something back for enduring the repeat seasons of shyte, Shyte and More SHYTE under a manager who does Not have a Fuckin' Scooby.

:cry:

:banghead:

:suicide:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal consider William Saliba an important player for the club & both Mikel Arteta & Edu want him as part of the squad for next season. Conversations regarding a new contract for the player will happen soon. [@FabrizioRomano] #afc https://t.co/FQeclfD7HC

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 pm
Sportsmail understands that Arsenal’s contract offer to Eddie Nketiah is a five-year deal worth in the region of £100k-per-week. Nketiah has also been offered a huge signing on bonus, believed to be up to £5m over the course of the deal. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc
£100K per week....FFS

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

What a club we are. This time last year Xhaka was off to Rome and most of our fans would have drove him to the airport. Arteta gave him a 4 year deal
A month ago Elneny was out the door Partey gets injured Elneny plays a couple of decent games he gets a one year extension
Now Nketiah a player who didnt start one league game before April 20th is given a FIVE YEAR contract
Its fucking mental if Nketiah was good enough to be given a 5 year contract why wasnt he good enough to start for Arsenal when Aubameyang left.
God i cant wait till Arteta gets out of our club

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

StuartL wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:34 pm
Midz wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:40 pm
🚨 Eddie Nketiah understood to have changed mind on leaving Arsenal. 22yo striker was set to go as free agent but now expected to sign new contract. Deal not finalised but duration likely to be up to 5 years @TheAthleticUK after @SamiMokbel81_DM scoop #AFC https://t.co/8kltB6bRc0
very disappointed to hear this as he's a fucking waste of time.
Hey at least we could sell him next season and get decent fee for the record breaking England u21 goalscorer :barscarf: :rubchin:
He's on a 5 year deal worth £26m he aint going nowhere. A player who couldnt get a start at Leeds when he was on loan has now won the lottery

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

dont forget..we dont buy superstars...we make them.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

KingHenry wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:45 am
What a club we are. This time last year Xhaka was off to Rome and most of our fans would have drove him to the airport. Arteta gave him a 4 year deal
A month ago Elneny was out the door Partey gets injured Elneny plays a couple of decent games he gets a one year extension
Now Nketiah a player who didnt start one league game before April 20th is given a FIVE YEAR contract
Its fucking mental if Nketiah was good enough to be given a 5 year contract why wasnt he good enough to start for Arsenal when Aubameyang left.
God i cant wait till Arteta gets out of our club
I concur wholeheartedly with all of this.Nail on the head 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Last night at half time on the "other matches" thread, I rose the absolutely dogshite and anonymous performance of tammy abraham in the first half against feyenoord - not one person came on here and defended him. I have seen a few fans on here in the last 18 months advocating buying this donkey, and one moron even suggested that I dont rate him cos he is english ( :roll: ) - I dont rate the guy cos he is average and thats' the reality. Would he score more goals than laca and nketieh ? Without a doubt he would, and it is even possible that he would score as many as the two of them combined (no big deal I know :roll: ), but that still doesnt make him the level of striker that we should be signing, and it certainly wouldnt justify the type of money it would take to buy the guy as well.

Steer clear of this guy please

Midz

Post by Midz »

There's rumours in today's media that we're close to signing Morata FFS!!

Please can we have new people in charge of our transfer business asap. :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Midz wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:50 pm
There's rumours in today's media that we're close to signing Morata FFS!!

Please can we have new people in charge of our transfer business asap. :shock:

Stop reading the Beano :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:12 pm
Last night at half time on the "other matches" thread, I rose the absolutely dogshite and anonymous performance of tammy abraham in the first half against feyenoord - not one person came on here and defended him. I have seen a few fans on here in the last 18 months advocating buying this donkey, and one moron even suggested that I dont rate him cos he is english ( :roll: ) - I dont rate the guy cos he is average and thats' the reality. Would he score more goals than laca and nketieh ? Without a doubt he would, and it is even possible that he would score as many as the two of them combined (no big deal I know :roll: ), but that still doesnt make him the level of striker that we should be signing, and it certainly wouldnt justify the type of money it would take to buy the guy as well.

The chavs have first option on him so if he ever was gonna come back to the PL it would be to them I'd imagine. I don't watch much of Serie Morgue because it's fucking shite so no idea how he's been doing out there other than he scored 17 goals last season, but ultimately that means fuck all (Giroud got 11 for context :lol: ).

The only thing I will say in his defense from last night was that Jose resorted to 1970's football, 11 men behind the ball and hoof it to fuck up field or into the stands every chance they got, keeper booted everything long and the defenders didn't even look up when they had the ball, they just battered it anywhere, it was fucking turgid shit.

Roma made zero attempt to play football last night and if Feynoord had anything about them in the final third they'd have pissed that game. The Feynoord player who took an air shot right at the death completely missing the ball with the goal gaping summed up their attacking threat for the night.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:10 am
dont forget..we dont buy superstars...we make them.
Or put another way "We buy the Nobody's no one else will touch with a bargepole, we overpay them and call them superstars AND our new bunch of melt tourist fans believe us and adore them". :D :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:06 pm
augie wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:12 pm

The chavs have first option on him so if he ever was gonna come back to the PL it would be to them I'd imagine. I don't watch much of Serie Morgue because it's fucking shite so no idea how he's been doing out there other than he scored 17 goals last season, but ultimately that means fuck all (Giroud got 11 for context :lol: ).

The only thing I will say in his defense from last night was that Jose resorted to 1970's football, 11 men behind the ball and hoof it to fuck up field or into the stands every chance they got, keeper booted everything long and the defenders didn't even look up when they had the ball, they just battered it anywhere, it was fucking turgid shit.

Roma made zero attempt to play football last night and if Feynoord had anything about them in the final third they'd have pissed that game. The Feynoord player who took an air shot right at the death completely missing the ball with the goal gaping summed up their attacking threat for the night.
Morata is over rated crap.....never rated him....as for Tammy fuckin abraham...hes like bambi on ice....shite...and an ex chav

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Jack Gaughan: Arsenal are considering a double swoop for Manchester City stars Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus. During his spell as Guardiola’s assistant, Arteta currently on holiday in Greece enjoyed a good relationship with both Zinchenko and Jesus. https://t.co/qzRg5ZfUGC