ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by NickF »

Kane and Son got 40 goals between them last seasons. Why would they want Jesus from City who got 8.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:36 am
Kane and Son got 40 goals between them last seasons. Why would they want Jesus from City who got 8.
^^^This 1,000% ^^^

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Raphinha is reportedly very close to Arsenal. Leeds sources say that they know nothing about Barça and that the player doesn’t want to wait, They expect to close the operation this week [Via - @AdriaSoldevila].

shu

Post by shu »

mind you if spurs got Jesus they would have more options and it stops us getting him.

No doubt you see Morata got mentioned again , no way , him and Eddie would be a joke.

Midz

Post by Midz »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:36 am
Simple, they'd then have 48 goals. :D :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:39 am
🚨 || Raphinha is reportedly very close to Arsenal. Leeds sources say that they know nothing about Barça and that the player doesn’t want to wait, They expect to close the operation this week [Via - @AdriaSoldevila].

I’m finding the link to Raphinha a bit confusing.

I’ve not seen much of him but I thought he played wide right and cuts in onto his left foot…. Like Saka and Pepe. Can he play striker or as a 10 as well then? That’s the only way I can see logic in this.

I’m assuming Pepe will go (probably on loan) but you also have Vieira (£35m?) who I assumed was also signed to compete with Saka and Odegaard, so it’s looking rather crowded :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:26 pm
No I think that when we sell him we get money as opposed to letting him go and we get nothing. It’s called the bigger picture.
Hope so.

It worries me a little that 5 years on £100k/week might bite us on the ass as it usually does when we get cornered into paying over the odds (Auba, Ozil & Willian being the latest in a long line of never learning from mistakes) so let’s see. Hopefully he’s a huge success; if not, we might end up loaning him out or paying him off as per usual.

The good news is he’s English so finding a buyer might be easier than it usually is with our unwanted players.

shu

Post by shu »

Raphina and Viera , aren’t they similar in positions ? The same as Saka , ESR and Pepe ?

I really must be missing the point , I would have thought we need a striker (Jesus won’t be coming as it is taking too long and will be hi jacked ) , all gone quiet on Tielmans ? Etc

Midz

Post by Midz »

I don't see the attraction in Jesus. He scored 8 goals (4 in one match) for City last year so he's hardly a goal-machine is he.
If he was that good which i don't think he is, City wouldn't wanna let him go and above that he'd have scored a lot more goals.

I think we should be looking for a more dynamic striker, a proven goal scorer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:17 am
BBC Sports:

"Tottenham are hoping to pip north London rivals Arsenal in the race for Manchester City's 25-year-old Brazil striker Gabriel Jesus with the offer of Champions League football. "

If - IF this were to happen and Jesus did opt for the swamp dwellers, it would carry HUGE implications and be a Big Neon Warning Sign to even the plastic fans that the scum are pulling ahead of us.
This would be the one time I hope they do pip us. Pip the living fuck out of us! :lol:

Problem is Conte isn't stupid enough to sign Jesus. But Martinez-Lite is. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! I hope the scum do get him, he is so Wrong for us. Yet more novice thinking by Lego Head. :roll: :banghead:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Some players can a be more dynamic at another club. I also dont think Jesus will be the 'main striker'. I think Arteta is going to try and halve a fluid attack. That means Jesus will be the preferred striker, Nketiah the natural target man functioning as a plan b, Martinelli upfront is also an option. As far as the Rafinha links go, good. We need quantity and quality. If we are being greedy and want all of Jesus, Lisandro, Teilimans, Rafinha, then we will be better for it. We cant keep playing players week to week. Saka should start 2 out of 3 games, not every week like he he did last season.

Players like Grealish ad Foden often get benched for City. If we had Saka-Rafinha Martinelli-ESR as options form the flanks, Odegaard, Vieria as numer 10, than other clubs fans will look to us as a high watermark for quality and quantity.

If we are going to make steps forward we are going to need to have quality players on the bench.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I hear we are trying to sign Professor Bunsen Burner as our new head of Medical Team! :shock:

ps: I reckon Beaker would be a better winger than Pepe

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal have offered £60m plus Pepe for Raphinha. Leeds have said that they will take £60m. #afc

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Really short odds to get Raphina.

Saka/Raphina Odegaard/Vieira Martinelli/ESR. Even City and Liverpool fans would admit those forward options are good. Jesus and Nketiah as striker is less flattering but I still think both of them are capable of breaking out of their modest goal scoring stats and delivering a good return. I think if Nketiah was given Lacazettes time he would have scored 12-15 league goals. Its manageable.

More than happy with the center half options in Gabriel, White, Saliba, Holding. But please kick on get Lisandro and Teilimans, even Hickey. Lisandro and White can also play RB and LB too lessening our dependence on Cedric and Tavares in the case Tomi and Tierney are out. LIsandro can even play midfield. He can play LCB, LB and LCM at a high level.

Vieira, Hickey, Jesus, Teilimans, Raphina, Lisandro, plus Saliba back form loan. Exits Pepe, AMN, and the perpetual loanees, Turner swap for Leno. Xhaka stays.

How many transfer windows has it been said we need to sign 5-6 players on top of what we currently have. All these players appear to be close but the club needs to close out. If we can deliver the above it would be an even better window than last season.