ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by g88ner »

Right, so Inter sell Lukaku to Chavs for £97m then sign him back on loan 12 months later for less than £7m loan fee. Is this a money laundering scam of some sort because it makes no sense otherwise…

Either way, Italian clubs must be pissing themselves. Up in Manchester you have Pogba joining Juventus from United on a Bosman a few years ago, then sold to United for £80m then signs for Juve on a Bosman again :oops: :lol:

Meanwhile we turn down good money for Mikataryn then a few months later basically pay him off so he can join Roma on the cheap. We then loan out Torreira to Fiorentina with an option to buy clause only for Fiorentina to low ball us and offer half the transfer fee that was agreed.

People say football is a business but I’m not so sure :oops: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Football once a sport and the "Peoples Game" - Is a business now, but alas! Has become a Very VERY Corrupt Business. :|

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:10 am
Football once a sport and the "Peoples Game" - Is a business now, but alas! Has become a Very VERY Corrupt Business. :|
I’d say it’s more incompetent rather than corrupt.

Even deals like we made for Auba, Ozil and Willian made little sense at the time but then compounded by paying them all £millions to leave. That’s basically an admission of incompetence :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

What about the reffing and off-shore gambling?

Yes there is a HUGE amount of incompetence, due to those running , manager, coaching clubs; like Arsenal being "Incompetent", but I still think in years to come it will be discovered (too late) that there is all kinds of fraud and corruption and other arfur daly dodginess going on.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 am
What about the reffing and off-shore gambling?

Yes there is a HUGE amount of incompetence, due to those running , manager, coaching clubs; like Arsenal being "Incompetent", but I still think in years to come it will be discovered (too late) that there is all kinds of fraud and corruption and other arfur daly dodginess going on.
It's blindingly obvious that massive fraud, corruption, match-fixing and doping has been going on for years and nobody bothers to do anything about it. Players getting moved on as a way of laundering money, companies or individuals owning multiple clubs, refs getting paid huge bribes. All going on and the authorities doing nothing because they know that one leak will blow the lid on the entire corrupt, immoral mess.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:38 am
Right, so Inter sell Lukaku to Chavs for £97m then sign him back on loan 12 months later for less than £7m loan fee. Is this a money laundering scam of some sort because it makes no sense otherwise…

Either way, Italian clubs must be pissing themselves. Up in Manchester you have Pogba joining Juventus from United on a Bosman a few years ago, then sold to United for £80m then signs for Juve on a Bosman again :oops: :lol:

Meanwhile we turn down good money for Mikataryn then a few months later basically pay him off so he can join Roma on the cheap. We then loan out Torreira to Fiorentina with an option to buy clause only for Fiorentina to low ball us and offer half the transfer fee that was agreed.

People say football is a business but I’m not so sure :oops: :lol:
There is a mix here between utter incompetence of how english teams buy and see as well as the European market now being much weaker than it was before.

Inter cannot afford to buy Lukaku back, Fiorentina...who knows they are either trying their luck or don't have the cash.

The Pogba one is laughably bad from Man Utd which is great.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm
I welcome this latest development but can we start flushing some turds away now please starting with that slack jawed dead eyed c.unt Pepe :twisted:
I think most of them have gone haven't they now? I wouldn't mind getting Cedric out, and if we can get a decent fee for Pepe then all good (won't be easy though).

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

If the club wants raphinha then just pay what they want ffs

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal made 1st formal offer to Leeds for Raphinha last night. While it fell well below #LUFC valuation & has now been rejected, interest remains strong. May be a long/difficult process due to competition but #AFC determined to sign 25yo @TheAthleticUK

augie

Post by augie »

fivetothree wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:57 am
rodders999 wrote:
I welcome this latest development but can we start flushing some turds away now please starting with that slack jawed dead eyed c.unt Pepe :twisted:
I think most of them have gone haven't they now? I wouldn't mind getting Cedric out, and if we can get a decent fee for Pepe then all good (won't be easy though).

Xhaka ? Bellend ? Cedric ? All useless c.unts that should be flushed before a single player is bought.

Maitland-Niles, Leno and Torreira are all players that pep's cone boy has decided he doesnt want, so they too should be gone if arteta remains

Lokongo and tavares are players who are supposedly being pushed out on loans

That's 8 players listed that arent wanted by the basque clown (and lets face it there are more) so I dunno how you can claim that most have gone :?

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:13 am
If the club wants raphinha then just pay what they want ffs

Honest to god whoever sanctions making a bid for raphina should be sacked on the spot - I feel like we have a crowd of kids running our transfer business like they are playing FIFA on playstation :roll: What the fcuk do we need him for ? How many wingers and attacking midfielders does this basque c.unt want to accumulate ffs ? How about someone actually addresses our weak areas before signing another winger ? Any squad that has the swiss turd in the top 4 options for centre midfield (much less tp 2 options) should not be looking at buying more wingers until the centre midfield options are hugely improved

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:51 am
fivetothree wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Xhaka ? Bellend ? Cedric ? All useless c.unts that should be flushed before a single player is bought.

Maitland-Niles, Leno and Torreira are all players that pep's cone boy has decided he doesnt want, so they too should be gone if arteta remains

That's 8 players listed that arent wanted by the basque clown (and lets face it there are more) so I dunno how you can claim that most have gone :?
Let’s not forget Pablo Mari as well :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's like when Wenger had that fixation on accumulating lightweight attacking midfielders. :oops: :lol:

"Arsene, we need a top centre half."

"Okay mon ami, but first, here eez a central meedfeelder...."

:suicide:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:11 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:51 am
fivetothree wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Let’s not forget Pablo Mari as well :lol:
Bellerin and Mari were on loan anyway. If we can get rid, then sure.

I would be suprised if Lokonga goes on loan with our midfield options.

Xhaka...difficult one. I don't think he would be a bad bench option to be honest.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

If we get Raphina, Martinez, Jesus and Tielemans, I'm well aboard the Muppet train this coming season (more fool me!)🤦