ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:16 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:35 pm
🚨BREAKING: Man City and Arsenal have verbally agreed for a fee for Gabriel Jesus. Deal will completed within the next 7-10 days. Personal terms will see the player earn around £220k a week at Arsenal.

[@JacobsBen] #afc
220k a week for less than 10 goals a season.... fuck me. :roll:
Combine that with Nketiah, it’s 320kp/w for about 10 goals a season. :lol: :lol: :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Leeds are considering an offer worth €70m for Raphinha — €55m + €15m in variables, from an unnamed club. It is not from Barcelona. [@gbsans, @mundodeportivo] #afc

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:49 pm
Leeds are considering an offer worth €70m for Raphinha — €55m + €15m in variables, from an unnamed club. It is not from Barcelona. [@gbsans, @mundodeportivo] #afc
Huddersfield?

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

David Ornstein @David_Ornstein

🚨 Marseille keen to sign Nuno Tavares on loan (as @Santi_J_FMrevealed) & Arsenal will consider sanctioning 22yo left-back’s temporary exit if they manage to recruit in defence - Lisandro Martinez of Ajax the priority target @TheAthleticUK #AFC #OM #Ajax
If this means Martinez is coming we should be all over this loan for some experience for Tavares (as well as maybe a sale at the end of it if the right offer)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Bit out of touch with what's going on and haven't been on here, so might make comments others have made, but....why are we interested in Raphina?? Does that finally signal the end for Martinelli (who our rookie manager has never seemed to fancy) and/or does it mean Saka is on his way?

We don't need wingers or number 10s, we need a top quality striker (not Jesus, who has never impressed me at City, so will struggle big time with our lot) and at least one top quality centre mid, ideally two (which obviously won't happen).

I'm convinced that it's a matter of time before ESR and Martinelli are gone and that seriously pisses me off. As good as Saka is, it's those two that I rate most highly, but Arteta clearly doesn't. This might sound odd, but he shows that he has something of the Wenger about him by dropping players that he doesn't fancy (or like), if they are performing well. ESR was our top scorer well into the season, despite being an attacking midfielder rather than striker, but was dropped for one of cone boy's favourites Odegaard. Then when ESR is in and out of the team, people wonder why he's gone off the boil. Similar story with Martinelli, whose career is being ruined. He should have been a fixture after breaking into the side under Emery. To be honest, as much as it would sadden me, I'd advise both to get the hell out before their careers are properly fucked up.

Oh and btw, what's the story with Fabio Vieira?? Is he any good? Looks like a 9 stone under 16 player.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

What we are doing this Summer transfer-wise is replacing Saka, ESR and Martinelli before we sell them.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:31 pm
What we are doing this Summer transfer-wise is replacing Saka, ESR and Martinelli before we sell them.
This has crossed my mind :cry: and with the fannyholes we have doing the buying and selling it wouldn't surprise me one iota

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The FACT that Klopp rates Martinelli Very Highly, whilst our dunderhead of a manager as you rightly say doesn't fancy him for the long term speaks volumes.

And then of Cours Pep spoke last season about how 'Very Good" Saka is (and how he can turn a game) leaves me to think at some point the Arab owners will open their sizeable cheque book and get him...

As for ESR there can be no shortage of serious admirers for the kid - he along with Martinelli drives the team forward.

If they do end up selling them - I wonder how all the tourist fans and AFTWankers would react probably say something along the lines of

Yup! You guessed it "Trust the Process". :roll: :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

Yep, I said on here a while ago that the big boys would be coming in for those three. If I were them, I'd be off like a shot to a decent club.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:48 pm
Bit out of touch with what's going on and haven't been on here, so might make comments others have made, but....why are we interested in Raphina?? Does that finally signal the end for Martinelli (who our rookie manager has never seemed to fancy) and/or does it mean Saka is on his way?

We don't need wingers or number 10s, we need a top quality striker (not Jesus, who has never impressed me at City, so will struggle big time with our lot) and at least one top quality centre mid, ideally two (which obviously won't happen).

I'm convinced that it's a matter of time before ESR and Martinelli are gone and that seriously pisses me off. As good as Saka is, it's those two that I rate most highly, but Arteta clearly doesn't. This might sound odd, but he shows that he has something of the Wenger about him by dropping players that he doesn't fancy (or like), if they are performing well. ESR was our top scorer well into the season, despite being an attacking midfielder rather than striker, but was dropped for one of cone boy's favourites Odegaard. Then when ESR is in and out of the team, people wonder why he's gone off the boil. Similar story with Martinelli, whose career is being ruined. He should have been a fixture after breaking into the side under Emery. To be honest, as much as it would sadden me, I'd advise both to get the hell out before their careers are properly fucked up.

Oh and btw, what's the story with Fabio Vieira?? Is he any good? Looks like a 9 stone under 16 player.

Just noticed there's a thread about him. From reading it, it seems that he's an attacking centre mid, so that would appear to put ESR behind Odegaard and now Vieira. Not sure what more was expected from the boy, but Captain Black clearly doesn't fancy him. Big mistake.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 am
🚨 || Lisandro Martinez’ desire to join Arsenal may end up lowering his fee, compared to what Ajax want [Via - @Telegraaf].

🚨 || Jesus has reportedly rejected a move to Spurs in favour of Arsenal, after they attempted a last minute move for the striker [Via - @GoalBR].

🚨 || Arsenal are preparing their second bid for Raphinha, things are becoming more serious [Via - @GoalBR].

🚨 || Arsenal still wish to sign Arthur from Juventus and something is happening to this effect currently [Via - Journalist Claudio Raimondi to @TuttoJuve_Com].

🚨 || Arsenal & City are getting closer to finalising a deal for Gabriel Jesus at around £40-45m. The next few hours could be decisive [Via - @RudyGaletti].

🚨 || Raphinha likes the idea of playing under Arteta instead of a move to Spurs. Barça currently out of the race for Raphinha [Via - @GoalBR].

Take your pick out of this lot :lol:

First choice for me would be Martinez

2nd pick Raphinha ( assuming it means the end of Pepe )

Not convinced Jesus is our saviour, I would prefer more of an out and out striker, but hey ho

Arthur, I know next to nothing about but he must be better than Xhaka ??
( and could mean his departure from the team, so I’m all for that )

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Not sure where this worry of Saka or Martinelli being sold is connected to the players we're linked to.

We've been crying out for cover for Saka as you could tell he had dropped off in the last couple of months, and now with the extra European games, it was blindingly obvious we need cover with Pepe being utterly useless (and will hopefully be the one sacrificed for Raphina). He's also our most marketable player and the "face" of the current team/squad so even the crunts in charge must know it'd be criminal to cash in (yet). They'll be looking to extend his contract, and then it'll take silly money to buy him.

Martinelli has just been given the number 11 shirt, and will be looking to push on to be included for the Brazil WC squad and a move wouldn't help that at all. Liverpool aren't big salary payers either..

Vieira should imagine should be another one that will need time to be integrated into the team (which will take time), and again takes some of the creativity burden off Odegaard who dropped off too at the end of the season.

ESR is the only one we should be concerned about. He needs to work on his fitness as it's been shown as a concern in some games he looks absolutely fucked. Maybe that will be his downfall at the club, but hopefully it'll be something he works on in pre-season..

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:22 pm
Not sure where this worry of Saka or Martinelli being sold is connected to the players we're linked to.

We've been crying out for cover for Saka as you could tell he had dropped off in the last couple of months, and now with the extra European games, it was blindingly obvious we need cover with Pepe being utterly useless (and will hopefully be the one sacrificed for Raphina). He's also our most marketable player and the "face" of the current team/squad so even the crunts in charge must know it'd be criminal to cash in (yet). They'll be looking to extend his contract, and then it'll take silly money to buy him.

Martinelli has just been given the number 11 shirt, and will be looking to push on to be included for the Brazil WC squad and a move wouldn't help that at all. Liverpool aren't big salary payers either..

Vieira should imagine should be another one that will need time to be integrated into the team (which will take time), and again takes some of the creativity burden off Odegaard who dropped off too at the end of the season.

ESR is the only one we should be concerned about. He needs to work on his fitness as it's been shown as a concern in some games he looks absolutely fucked. Maybe that will be his downfall at the club, but hopefully it'll be something he works on in pre-season..
The paranoia on here :lol:

Gabi played 29 matches last year , Smith rowe 8ts well known has been struggling with an injury second half .
Do people really want Saka to play every game again. People moan we had no one to come off the bench last year , well we will have next season or would you just rather have the kids again plus pepe and just replace Auba and Xhaka ?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:58 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
This has crossed my mind :cry: and with the fannyholes we have doing the buying and selling it wouldn't surprise me one iota
Mate, don’t worry about it.

Until they’re actually gone, words mean fuck all.

Regardless of whether you’re Saka’s stalker, bumboy or whatever. Unless they’re presented in another teams shirt, they’re Arsenal players; regardless of what some oddball on the Internet says.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:09 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:49 pm
Huddersfield?
:lol: :lol: