ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:57 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:48 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:35 am
Whilst I don't believe Saka will be sold this summer, if he was, it would be a sackable offence on behalf of Martinez-Lite and Edutard.

I do believe though if we persist with Martinez-Lite then Saka and Martinelli will both be gone within two years.
Welcome to the party DB, but you neglected to add ESR to that list. Sadly, Arteta’s going nowhere, so Martinelli and ESR will get limited game time (if we get Raphina to add to the Vieira signing) and I can’t see them hanging around and killing their careers. There’ll be plenty of takers amongst the big boys.

As for Saka, he’s not gonna fuck about scrapping for somewhere between 5th and 8th position, when one of the CL sides would happily snap him up tomorrow.

I’d like to keep all three, but Martinelli is the one that I’d least like to lose, even though Arteta has already stunted his development and I doubt we’ll ever see the best of him at the Arsenal. Similar story with ESR in my opinion.
Martinelli played 36 games last year , fail to see the evidence Arteta doesnt like him .

Well, personally, I think it was evident as soon as Arteta took over that he wasn't convinced by Martinelli. Admittedly he suffered a couple of lengthy injuries, which kept him out, but once fit, he was constantly fighting a battle to get into the team ahead of Pepe, which says it all. I can't be bothered to look into the stats, but how many of those games were as a starter, rather than a sub?

Listen, I sincerely hope you are right and that he's a first choice pick, but I doubt they're trying to sign Raphina for 50+ million to let him sit on the bench, or to take Saka's place.

Time will tell and feel free to remind me if I'm wrong....I'd rather be wrong than right.
7 he didnt start in , I think they were being careful because of the injury he had. Look we all want the same thing , im a huge fan of all three players , playeing with better players will only help them . I dtill believe Xhaka will be leaving as well and a cm will come in , hopefully Tielemans, though we're looking at Doucoure now apparently.

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:14 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:41 pm
Looking at Jesus stats over the five seasons at City, his best 3 seasons in terms of goals came in the period Arteta was first team coach. So, he is capable of 20 + goals a season which is more than Lacazette. I still prefer we had a bigger no.9, with aerial threat. Looking at the top 4 and the top teams across Europe they consistently have a 6ft + striker. I still think there is room for Calvert-Lewin.
Not sure where you are seeing those Jesus goal stats mate. He's never got near 20+ PL goals (which is the minimum requirement for a starting striker to be considered top class), indeed he's only scored more than 10 twice.

I hope he is a resounding success for us but I can't help feeling he is the answer to a question no one asked. :|
Agreed. Jesus just seems like another Welbeck - plays for a top side so people think he must be good, when reality he isn't.

Calvert-Lewin is again another name that is mentioned a lot but is nowhere near good enough for a supposedly top 4 side. That and his appalling fashion sense. :D

We are basically being linked with a lot of players who are good enough to keep us in the Europa league but nothing better.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/154 ... TUnwg&s=19

Patino looks like hes bulked out,hope he kicks on this year.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:03 pm

He can give the new Viera a few bulking tips, watching the video on afc.com he needs a decent feed.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Exclusive: Southampton are keen to take Arsenal forward Marquinhos on loan for the 2022/23 season, should he be available. The Saints need some squad depth and want to take the Brazilian on loan. Mikel Arteta will take a strong look at the 19yo during pre-season. #AFC #SFC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal update. Been told Gabriel Jesus will undergo medical tests today morning - he's already in London, ready to complete his move to Arsenal with official statement to follow 🚨🇧🇷 #AFC

Contracts already completed. Gabriel signs until June 2027. Man City to receive £45m fee.

Medical successfully completed for Gabriel Jesus in London today as expected, he’s new Arsenal player until June 2027. It’s all signed and completed between clubs too. 🇧🇷 #AFC

Official statement pending - Gabriel joins for £45m fee from Man City.
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Right now I couldn't care less who is bought as a striker, what wingers are brought in or ACMs, fucking Xhaka is the single biggest issue with our team and will remain so as long as he wears the shirt.

Their is a misconception of the role Xhaka plays, he is not our CDM and only really plays that when Party and Elneny aren't on the pitch, he is our CM.

Putting aside his utterly woeful attempts at defending, his idiotic and petty attempts to get sent off every match and his backwards and sideways passing, he is actually supposed to be the focus of the team. The centre point which everything pivots around and yet he starts nothing, creates nothing, and 90% of his forward passes go awry until this is addressed week in week out the same bullshit as happened under Wenger, Emery, Freddie and now Arteta will continue to happen :banghead:

As I said a week or so ago Xhaka needs fucking off before any other plans are made otherwise everything else is pointless......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xgtdec wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:27 am
gooner265 wrote:

He can give the new Viera a few bulking tips, watching the video on afc.com he needs a decent feed.
A few nights on the Guinness and some decent Cooked Breakfasts should sort it! :D

Oh! And don't forget the Donuts at 11am with strong black coffee for the bowel movements. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:34 am
Right now I couldn't care less who is bought as a striker, what wingers are brought in or ACMs, fucking Xhaka is the single biggest issue with our team and will remain so as long as he wears the shirt.

Their is a misconception of the role Xhaka plays, he is not our CDM and only really plays that when Party and Elneny aren't on the pitch, he is our CM.

Putting aside his utterly woeful attempts at defending, his idiotic and petty attempts to get sent off every match and his backwards and sideways passing, he is actually supposed to be the focus of the team. The centre point which everything pivots around and yet he starts nothing, creates nothing, and 90% of his forward passes go awry until this is addressed week in week out the same bullshit as happened under Wenger, Emery, Freddie and now Arteta will continue to happen :banghead:

As I said a week or so ago Xhaka needs fucking off before any other plans are made otherwise everything else is pointless......
Well Said Muzz!

Post of the Thread Right There! (*) :high5:

(*) One thing missing "xhaka's a Cun.t" :proudtosay:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

As reported by @MikeVerweij yesterday, Arsenal have submitted a revised €40m offer for Lisandro Martinez.

Can play CB & CM, but #AFC particularly intrigued by prospect of fielding him as a LB. #MUFC following the situation closely too.

@TheAthleticUK

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Juventus are prepared to pay Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey €4m (£3.45m) to get him off their books, allowing the 31-year-old to become a free agent. (IBianconero.com - in Italian)

As long as we don't go anywhere near sir flicks alot :roll:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Arsenal are pushing massively, to get deals over the line for both Lisandro Martínez & Raphinha, before the squad fly out to the US on their pre-season tour, on July 16th [Via - @Charles_Watts].

Midz

Post by Midz »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:25 pm
🚨 || Arsenal are pushing massively, to get deals over the line for both Lisandro Martínez & Raphinha, before the squad fly out to the US on their pre-season tour, on July 16th [Via - @Charles_Watts].
Fantastic news, good luck with both deals. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:14 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:41 pm
Looking at Jesus stats over the five seasons at City, his best 3 seasons in terms of goals came in the period Arteta was first team coach. So, he is capable of 20 + goals a season which is more than Lacazette. I still prefer we had a bigger no.9, with aerial threat. Looking at the top 4 and the top teams across Europe they consistently have a 6ft + striker. I still think there is room for Calvert-Lewin.
Not sure where you are seeing those Jesus goal stats mate. He's never got near 20+ PL goals (which is the minimum requirement for a starting striker to be considered top class), indeed he's only scored more than 10 twice.

I hope he is a resounding success for us but I can't help feeling he is the answer to a question no one asked. :|

Actually DB, I did ask the question....unfortunately, Jesus was the wrong answer. :lol:
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:

Good stuff. He looks a class player and my only real criticism of the times I've seen him play was he looked a bit lightweight. Hope he delivers at The Arsenal because this kid has it all in his game so far.