ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:20 am
I'm not sure about what's legal or not, I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that if a player was in the last year of their contract, their agent could act on their behalf, as in put out the feelers to see who might be interested.

I would take Tielemans for sure and if we (as has been said) can get Martinez it would be a decent window, BUT I need to be convinced by Jesus as being our main striker, he just looks too lightweight; like Eddie the feather.

Tielemans is one of those mid-fielders who can break forward but also does his fair share of tracking back and defending. Good at dead ball situations as well.

Dunno if it's my imagination but Carpet Bonce seems to be going similar kinds of players (regardless of their position) seeming to be more interested and focused on their skills than having physical attributes, strength and presence... Much like TOF used to do before he was fucked off out of the club (10 years too late)

I still think we should have kept Guendouzi and fucked off CliveElCunto. (Mind you just getting rid of the latter would improve the team ten-fold).
Thats what hes collecting similar kind of players, how the fuck the midfield will set up is anyones guess, suppose Partey and Viera?
Maybe Tielmans and Partey with Odergaard further forward?

Same goes with upfront is it Nketiah and Jesus in the middle with Saka and Martinelli out wide?

On the positive side looks like the end for xhaka, ESR could well be sidelined which would be bad news

No matter how he sets it up...scoring Goals will be the issue if no further signings

That may well be it as cant see Martinez joining

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

shu wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:25 am
Why hasn’t Jesus been unveiled as such ?
Waiting for Easter, it seems.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

shu wrote:
Waiting for Sunday. Isn't that the only day he works all week or is that Christmas? Perhaps he's still in the cabe or something? Fuck knows.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I am concerned that ESR may be pushed back in the pecking order and for me he along with Martinelli and Saka is our top best 3 players.

If Carpet Bonce fucks this up he's gonna get dogs abuse. :|

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Looks like Hickey has agreed to join Brentford, so expect to see Tavares covering an injured Tierney by November!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Our business is done lads. Shut this thread down.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:34 pm
Our business is done lads. Shut this thread down.
Oh I dunno.... :rubchin:

Martinez-Lite and Edutard haven't released anyone to leave us understrength in another key area yet. Give them time.... :roll:

John F

Post by John F »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:08 pm
shu wrote:
Waiting for Sunday. Isn't that the only day he works all week or is that Christmas? Perhaps he's still in the cabe or something? Fuck knows.
Don't worry chaps Jesus' transfer is nailed on. Fucks knows why we signed him as he is going to spend most of the matches avoiding crosses.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
I'm not sure about what's legal or not, I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that if a player was in the last year of their contract, their agent could act on their behalf, as in put out the feelers to see who might be interested.

I would take Tielemans for sure and if we (as has been said) can get Martinez it would be a decent window, BUT I need to be convinced by Jesus as being our main striker, he just looks too lightweight; like Eddie the feather.

Tielemans is one of those mid-fielders who can break forward but also does his fair share of tracking back and defending. Good at dead ball situations as well.

Dunno if it's my imagination but Carpet Bonce seems to be going similar kinds of players (regardless of their position) seeming to be more interested and focused on their skills than having physical attributes, strength and presence... Much like TOF used to do before he was fucked off out of the club (10 years too late)

I still think we should have kept Guendouzi and fucked off CliveElCunto. (Mind you just getting rid of the latter would improve the team ten-fold).
Thats what hes collecting similar kind of players, how the fuck the midfield will set up is anyones guess, suppose Partey and Viera?

Same goes with upfront is it Nketiah and Jesus in the middle with Saka and Martinelli out wide?

On the positive side looks like the end for xhaka, ESR could well be sidelined which would be bad news

No matter how he sets it up...scoring Goals will be the issue if no further signings

Evertytime we sign a centre midfielder, peopkle think it will be the end of Xhaka, but there's absolutely no evidence at all to suggest that. It seems clear that as far as Arteta is concerned, he is the main man and everyone else is up for rotation. I will be beyond surprised if he doesn't start the season with his usual berth. If Tielemans joins, then added to the Vieira signing and Odegaard being an Arteta favourite, then ESR isn't going to get much game time at all...sub appearances at best. Also, add Partey to this list for centre mid and why the fuck renew Elneny's contract?

Likewise, if Captain Black plays Nketiah up front (I hope not!) and Jesus wide, then there's no place for Martinelli to start. I keep saying it, but ESR and Gabi could well have little game time and will be gone in 2 years' time. Criminal.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:04 pm
I don't think Martinez-Lite sees Jesus as being the main striker. I think he'll play him in a three with Eddie as the main striker..... and I think we will again struggle to score enough goals to get in the top 4 never mind actually challenge for or win anything. :?

So what you are saying is that we have one position open in the front 3 now, and have saka, martinelli, smith-rowe, vieira, marquinos and potentially raphina in the mix for that one spot ?? No way. Jesus will be the 9 and nketieh will be his back up ( :roll: ), and saka will be one of the first choice wide players unless he is sold

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
I don't think Martinez-Lite sees Jesus as being the main striker. I think he'll play him in a three with Eddie as the main striker..... and I think we will again struggle to score enough goals to get in the top 4 never mind actually challenge for or win anything. :?
Well seeing as Eddie today smashed a first half hat trick :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: against a 3rd tier Ipswich team who finished impressively mid table last season, I think all our prayers have been answered.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

So what you are saying is that we have one position open in the front 3 now, and have saka, martinelli, smith-rowe, vieira, marquinos and potentially raphina in the mix for that one spot ?? No way. Jesus will be the 9 and nketieh will be his back up ( :roll: ), and saka will be one of the first choice wide players unless he is sold
You are forgetting one thing my bald little friend: Martinez-Lite.

You are also assuming incorrectly that said Mr Martinez-Lite has a fucking clue what he is doing.

Jesus has played as a centre forward in a 2 and in a 3, as a false 9, as a lone striker, as an inside forward, as a winger and even as an attacking midfielder ffs.... For my money Martinez-Lite sees him as the answer to all his "tactical genius" ideas and will play him all over the place, but there's no way he has just given Eddie the Feather a big shiny new contract to play him as back up. He sees Eddie as the central striker because he is a fucking idiot. :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:34 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Evertytime we sign a centre midfielder, peopkle think it will be the end of Xhaka, but there's absolutely no evidence at all to suggest that. It seems clear that as far as Arteta is concerned, he is the main man and everyone else is up for rotation. I will be beyond surprised if he doesn't start the season with his usual berth. If Tielemans joins, then added to the Vieira signing and Odegaard being an Arteta favourite, then ESR isn't going to get much game time at all...sub appearances at best. Also, add Partey to this list for centre mid and why the fuck renew Elneny's contract?

Likewise, if Captain Black plays Nketiah up front (I hope not!) and Jesus wide, then there's no place for Martinelli to start. I keep saying it, but ESR and Gabi could well have little game time and will be gone in 2 years' time. Criminal.
As i said above depends on what system he plays but surely Tielmans and Partey must be favourites for CM
Agree about the Elneny U turn that is strange, at one stage he was set to leave
Got enough to make 6th place i would think
Last edited by Redarmy on Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Well seeing as Eddie today smashed a first half hat trick :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: against a 3rd tier Ipswich team who finished impressively mid table last season, I think all our prayers have been answered.
I hope he impressed them. Odds on he'll be their captain in about two years time! :D :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:21 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
I hope he impressed them. Odds on he'll be their captain in about two years time! :D :wink:
:lol: :lol: Quite possible