Jack Wilshere retires

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Jack Wilshere retires

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

shu wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:32 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:44 pm
Is it harsh to blame Wenger for overplaying him and ruined his career !

But wenger did overplay him as a 16/17 year old and he was crying out for a rest but wenger had no back up . So wenger is at the very atleast part to blame
Spot on, Shu. The boy was crying out for an experienced head next to him to reign him in, fill in for four or five games in the winter or Easter time when players are always knackered or to come off and give him twenty five minutes when we were strolling past cannon fodder teams at home. Wenger didn't get that player or players in and so tgr kid was just run into the ground with Denilson or a young Fabregas next to him. Like most things he did between 2006 and when he fucked off, it was criminally negligent mismanagement.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:35 am
shu wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:32 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:44 pm
Is it harsh to blame Wenger for overplaying him and ruined his career !

But wenger did overplay him as a 16/17 year old and he was crying out for a rest but wenger had no back up . So wenger is at the very atleast part to blame
Spot on, Shu. The boy was crying out for an experienced head next to him to reign him in, fill in for four or five games in the winter or Easter time when players are always knackered or to come off and give him twenty five minutes when we were strolling past cannon fodder teams at home. Wenger didn't get that player or players in and so tgr kid was just run into the ground with Denilson or a young Fabregas next to him. Like most things he did between 2006 and when he fucked off, it was criminally negligent mismanagement.
Totally agree, which is why I asked the question

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:12 am
He was shite!
I was hoping that you hadn't posted so that I could write "Goonersid misses him dearly" but you beat me to it :D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:51 am
goonersid wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:12 am
He was shite!
I was hoping that you hadn't posted so that I could write "Goonersid misses him dearly" but you beat me to it :D
:lol: I couldn't resist.