ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:00 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:53 pm
Hes on 110 grand a week with a Yr left on his contract,cancel his contract and let him go,we get his wages off the books and he gets to go somewhere where he'll get game time.
Agreed 100%.
Plus it seems no other club are willing to pay a decent/or any fee for him but ye that's Arteta’s fault

augie

Post by augie »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:30 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:17 pm
I see a story doing the rounds suggesting that we are allowing bellend to walk away on a free - cue more applause for legohead at getting rid of trash, even though no club in the history of football has paid off/allowed assests to walk away without the club getting a fee :roll: :oops: :oops:
Not sure why Arteta would be blamed for that to be honest.

He’s a young manager, not a contract/transfer negotiator. I’d say contracts/sales is more on Edu and Garlic?

Also, which fool decided paying bellerin £100k+ was a good idea? No wonder we can’t get a transfer fee. European clubs are skint (and not daft to go bankrupt paying Hector).

Stab in the dark, but I’d guess you’ll complain if we give him away and complain if we keep him so win win for you really mate :lol:

I'm not looking to attach blame anywhere - if you read my post again you will see that what I have the issue with is this bizarre scenario where edu and peps cone boy are getting praised for getting rid of the deadwood, but every manager in the world would do the same if their clubs endorse a plan allowing assets to walk away on a free. I too would have bellend shipped out this minute, but lets not throw out praise/credit to people for these deals - lets reserve that for deals where we fleece some stupid club for more money than the player is worth (lard arse iwobi and wally being obvious examples)

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I don't think anyone is praising Edu and Arteta for getting rid of deadwood, with acknowledgement of the fact the some of these players are difficult to get rid of owing to their high wages it has to be said that we have sold poorly.

One good example of the poor decision making is AMN. Wolves were ready to pay 15 million for AMN but we decided to not sell and then not play him. His stock has now plummeted and we will be lucky to get any sort of fees for him.

Also giving away players with bad attitude (Ozil/Auba/Doozi) for nothing sets a dangerous precedence. If one of our current players wants out they know all they have to do is throw a tantrum.

shu

Post by shu »

It’s not Artetas fault for selling off those on big wages ffs

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Just got a 12 hr suspension off twitter, apparently telling people I'd shoot them (eco warriors) is frowned upon :lol:

But the good news is even though I can't tweet anything I can still copy and paste all those wonderful true transfer stories :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Arsenal have an agreement in place to sign Tielemans which would take their summer spending close to £150m, according to reports [Via - @MirrorFootball].

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:34 pm
🚨 || Arsenal have an agreement in place to sign Tielemans which would take their summer spending close to £150m, according to reports [Via - @MirrorFootball].
Saw somewhere that Leicester need funds to comply with FFP ( does it still exist ? )
So maybe we were trying to drive the price down.
Also we were supposed to have agreed personal terms with him a while back.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:05 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:34 pm
Saw somewhere that Leicester need funds to comply with FFP ( does it still exist ? )
So maybe we were trying to drive the price down.
Also we were supposed to have agreed personal terms with him a while back.
Its been a done deal for ages apparently and only wants to come here but we need to shift some players first.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Leicester reject 40m bid from Newcastle for James Maddison, they're holding out for 60m so could be something in tht FFP rumour

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:37 am
Just got a 12 hr suspension off twitter, apparently telling people I'd shoot them (eco warriors) is frowned upon :lol:

But the good news is even though I can't tweet anything I can still copy and paste all those wonderful true transfer stories :barscarf:
I'm phrasing things carefully, would we get a ban on here if someone, anyone, were to agree that shooting eco terrorists isn't a bad thing, also does that extend to lawyers, politicians and anyone else, I... I mean this hypothetical person might disagree with :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why would anyone want to shoot an Eco Warrior? They're only doing what the majority of people don't have the guts, balls and spine to do and put themselves on the line in order to try and stop the destruction of the Eco-system and so do their part to save the planet.

Of course supporting the shooting politicians and lawyers (hypothetically that is) sounds like a reasonable argument - Seeing as all politicians are scumbags and lawyers are lying toadies who will do anything to earn a buck.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:58 pm
do their part to save the planet.
The planet is not in jeopardy. We are in jeopardy. While we have the ability to clean up our own act on this planet, that ability is only the ability to save ourselves from living in a polluted, disgusting environment and bringing about the execution of more wildlife and the destruction of already depleted resources.

The planet has survived everything, in its time. It will certainly survive us.

—-

Any news on what moron we can flog Pepe off to. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:19 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
The planet is not in jeopardy. We are in jeopardy. While we have the ability to clean up our own act on this planet, that ability is only the ability to save ourselves from living in a polluted, disgusting environment and bringing about the execution of more wildlife and the destruction of already depleted resources.

—-

I hope you are right mate, but when I say the "Planet" I mean the whole eco-system, the Animal Kingdom, The Plant Kingdom, it is their planet too (unless someone is one of those religious zealots who believes that "god" ( :roll: ) created the planet and all its inhabitants just for us to kill, eat, decimate, and experiment on in laboratories etc.

Also if / why(?) Nuclear W#ar does happen, it is a Fact that there are enough nuclear weapons to (literally) Destroy the World/ Planet.

As I say anyone who wants to kill a person or persons for trying to stop that is most likely one of those retarded red-neck, sister shagging, numbnuts idiot who doesn't even believe in Global Warning....you know the kind of moronic cun.t who should have been put down at birth.

:D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:19 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

—-

:rubchin:

Arteta!?

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:33 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:37 am

I'm phrasing things carefully, would we get a ban on here if someone, anyone, were to agree that shooting eco terrorists isn't a bad thing, also does that extend to lawyers, politicians and anyone else, I... I mean this hypothetical person might disagree with :rubchin:
:lol: :lol:

:rubchin:

Once it's worded carefully, say like a joke or something, then I'm good with it. :D :wink: