ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My source at Colney reckons we are seriously interested in Zaha again. Contract runs out at the end of this season I understand…

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal prospect Brooke Norton-Cuffy has signed a new contract. Player was going into his final 12 months and attracting interest from numerous suitors. [@David_Ornstein]

https://t.co/YEguDPehDu

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:13 am
Games like last Friday night (in second half) we need a raul jimenez type of striker to hold the ball up and bring our wingers into the game
I recall that we used to have that sort of player and when he was playing for us most here gave him dog's abuse. A certain Olivier Giroud.

Unless the big target man is a proven goal scorer like Haaland, Nunez, Osimhein, Vlahovic , an average Joe who can "hold the ball up" is not what we need. Jimenez used to be a very good player but he is well past it.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 Héctor Bellerín’s representatives will fly to London in the next few hours to resolve his future in a ‘key meeting’ with Arsenal. Their idea to get the player to leave ‘as cheap as possible’, with Real Betis waiting. [@MatteMoretto] #afc

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:08 am
My source at Colney reckons we are seriously interested in Zaha again. Contract runs out at the end of this season I understand…
Given Arteta's attitude towards Guendouzi, Ozil, Aubameyang etc.....I'd be amazed to see us sign Zaha. His demeanour on the field is nothing short of a disgrace and by all accounts at Man U his approach off it wasn't a whole lot better either.

I actually think he's going backwards in his career now. When we do click it is the speed of the one touch passing that impresses me most - Zaha wants to beat the same bloke 5 times before checking back and eventually getting fouled. Can't see how he fits in these days.....

I guess if it's a free contract there might be some legs in it but would he really blend in?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:56 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Given Arteta's attitude towards Guendouzi, Ozil, Aubameyang etc.....I'd be amazed to see us sign Zaha. His demeanour on the field is nothing short of a disgrace and by all accounts at Man U his approach off it wasn't a whole lot better either.

I actually think he's going backwards in his career now. When we do click it is the speed of the one touch passing that impresses me most - Zaha wants to beat the same bloke 5 times before checking back and eventually getting fouled. Can't see how he fits in these days.....

I guess if it's a free contract there might be some legs in it but would he really blend in?
Doesn’t make any sense to me just what I was told.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:56 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

I think banging moyes daughter was what finished him at manure (hope she is better looking than her old man :lol: ).

One of the papers/rags has us in for some other "outstanding prospect" playing on the wing in the french league, and my question to the arteta fan boys is how do you feel about that then ? I will again ask the question, where would signing another winger leave smith-rowe ? The basque c.unt has already signed TWO number 10s which has screwed him over totally for his proper position, so signing another winger for big money to go along with saka, martinelli and marquinos will be the death knoll on Smith-Rowe's AFC career methinks

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Unless there’s something in Smith-Rowe’s injury that we don’t know I too can’t see the sense in it. I still believe that he will turn out to be the best of the lot providing that he is not crippled.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm afraid ESR's career is going the same way as Wilshere/Tierney, he can't stay fit for 3 games in a row. I suspect the bosses at Arsenal signed Vieira to cover that fact. If someone like Villa comes in with a 45-50m bid at some stage the management may be tempted in a year or so's time.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:16 pm
I'm afraid ESR's career is going the same way as Wilshere/Tierney, he can't stay fit for 3 games in a row. I suspect the bosses at Arsenal signed Vieira to cover that fact. If someone like Villa comes in with a 45-50m bid at some stage the management may be tempted in a year or so's time.

Man will you stop with "the bosses" talk - pep's cone boy signed vieira cos he has never wanted Smith-Rowe, and that has nothing to do with kroenke's or edu. We have had such a disasterous time with injury prone players in recent seasons (van judas, diaby, rosicky etc) that we almost rush in to label some players injury prone now - tierney I can understand, but smith-rowe hasnt been getting minutes on pitch cos legohead doesnt want him
Last edited by augie on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm
TeeCee wrote:
I'm afraid ESR's career is going the same way as Wilshere/Tierney, he can't stay fit for 3 games in a row. I suspect the bosses at Arsenal signed Vieira to cover that fact. If someone like Villa comes in with a 45-50m bid at some stage the management may be tempted in a year or

Man will you stop with "the bosses" talk - pep's cone boy signed vieira cos he has never wanted Smith-Rowe, and that has nothing to do with kroenke's or edu. We have had such a disasterous time with injury prone players in recent seasons (van judas, diaby, rosicky etc) that we almost rush in to label some players injury prone now - tierney I can understand, but smith-rowe hasnt been getting minutes on pitch cos legohead doesnt want him
He isnt fit , he hasnt trained all pre season, wingers linked are to compete with saka , smith rowe competes with gabi , vieira competes with odegaard, he wants two players for ever position .
ESR prefers playing on the left and scored most of his goals from there hes not gonna get rid of him , he would lose the fanbase instantly.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Yéremy Pino's entourage have confirmed to Radio Castellón the interest of Arsenal & Liverpool in the player. The clubs have submitted offers below the €80m (£72m) release clause [Via - @XaviSidro].

beck

Post by beck »

TeeCee wrote:
Smith Rowe has played 3 games or over in a row 6 times at arsenal
He played 10 games in a row last season( playing 90 mins in 6)
Scoring 5 and assisting 2

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal confirm Lucas Torreira has signed for Galatasaray on a permanent deal

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:05 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm
TeeCee wrote:
I'm afraid ESR's career is going the same way as Wilshere/Tierney, he can't stay fit for 3 games in a row. I suspect the bosses at Arsenal signed Vieira to cover that fact. If someone like Villa comes in with a 45-50m bid at some stage the management may be tempted in a year or

He isnt fit , he hasnt trained all pre season, wingers linked are to compete with saka , smith rowe competes with gabi , vieira competes with odegaard, he wants two players for ever position .
ESR prefers playing on the left and scored most of his goals from there hes not gonna get rid of him , he would lose the fanbase instantly.

Well, you know my feelings on this 265, I've been saying for ages that there'd be no place for ESR and that Arteta clearly doesn't rate him, regardless of what the boy does. Augie is right and I also agree with A11M11, that he will develop (if played of course) to be the best of the youngsters. I can only imagine how gutted he must have been last season, when looking like our most creative player and also being our leading scorer...from midfield...he failed to get his place back after an injury. That was all the evidence I needed to know what Arteta thought of him and there'd been plenty of prior evidence too. As Augie says, the summer's signings also show what the cone man thinks.

I also don't get this crap about his fitness levels and being injury prone. He certainly works harder than most in that side, so might look knackered after 75 mins or so, but I think it's one of those urban myths that gets frequently repeated and becomes received "wisdom".

As for his best position, he should be playing where Odegaard plays and as neat and tidy as the Norwegian is (he's also prone to disappearing in tough games), I'd have ESR every time.

You know my prediction...ESR, Martinelli and Saka won't all be here in 2 year's time. Probably all be gone and ESR the first to go. If I were him I'd be agitating for a move already, because our idiot manager is going to ruin his career if he hangs around.