ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:00 pm
Augie,xhaka is going nowhere, you need to wrap your head around it, cos you'll go loo la if you don't :lol:

Mc I know he is going nowhere and I have said it for a long time - my point was more about the gormless c.unt managing us and his total inability to recognise a desperate need in midfield :roll: It seems pep's cone boy cant get enough wingers and number 10s seeing as he still wants to sign another, but the useess arrogant c.unt cant see that we are average at best in midfield, and desperately need an attacking player to play the 8 position alongside partey :evil: :evil:

I still dont understand what is was that made some fans think that the swiss c.unt would be moved on this summer :? No rumours were doing the rounds suggesting that the club wanted rid of him this summer, and even after moaninho signed matic we still had fools on here saying that xhaka would be sold this summer even though no other c.unt ever expressed an interest in the swiss turd

I feel sorry for Tielemens at this stage - it seems he has made it clear for months now that he wants to join us, and despite months of winking and flirting our impotent *word censored* have yet to make any sort of a bid, and it seems now that we are turning our backs on him and leaving him high and dry in the hope he'll be available next summer for free :oops: :oops: Manure are in desperate need of quality centre midfielder, and I would be surprised if they dont go in for him now

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:59 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:16 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:05 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:16 pm
I'm afraid ESR's career is going the same way as Wilshere/Tierney, he can't stay fit for 3 games in a row. I suspect the bosses at Arsenal signed Vieira to cover that fact. If someone like Villa comes in with a 45-50m bid at some stage the management may be tempted in a year or

Man will you stop with "the bosses" talk - pep's cone boy signed vieira cos he has never wanted Smith-Rowe, and that has nothing to do with kroenke's or edu. We have had such a disasterous time with injury prone players in recent seasons (van judas, diaby, rosicky etc) that we almost rush in to label some players injury prone now - tierney I can understand, but smith-rowe hasnt been getting minutes on pitch cos legohead doesnt want him
He isnt fit , he hasnt trained all pre season, wingers linked are to compete with saka , smith rowe competes with gabi , vieira competes with odegaard, he wants two players for ever position .
ESR prefers playing on the left and scored most of his goals from there hes not gonna get rid of him , he would lose the fanbase instantly.

Well, you know my feelings on this 265, I've been saying for ages that there'd be no place for ESR and that Arteta clearly doesn't rate him, regardless of what the boy does. Augie is right and I also agree with A11M11, that he will develop (if played of course) to be the best of the youngsters. I can only imagine how gutted he must have been last season, when looking like our most creative player and also being our leading scorer...from midfield...he failed to get his place back after an injury. That was all the evidence I needed to know what Arteta thought of him and there'd been plenty of prior evidence too. As Augie says, the summer's signings also show what the cone man thinks.

I also don't get this crap about his fitness levels and being injury prone. He certainly works harder than most in that side, so might look knackered after 75 mins or so, but I think it's one of those urban myths that gets frequently repeated and becomes received "wisdom".

As for his best position, he should be playing where Odegaard plays and as neat and tidy as the Norwegian is (he's also prone to disappearing in tough games), I'd have ESR every time.

You know my prediction...ESR, Martinelli and Saka won't all be here in 2 year's time. Probably all be gone and ESR the first to go. If I were him I'd be agitating for a move already, because our idiot manager is going to ruin his career if he hangs around.
You also said he doesn't rate Martinelli, but stats proved you wrong. He's also a starter this year and will take some shifting imo.

I did indeed say that and I also said that I hoped I'd be wrong. Also, I said that I didn't rate Jesus and didn't think he'd be the answer for us and once again added that I hoped I was wrong.

So far, Martinelli has indeed been starting and is doing more than enough (as he always has in my opinion) to keep his place. Jesus has performed very well so far, but it will take more than pre season and half a league game to convince me I was wrong.

The main thrust of my point was that ESR, Martinelli and Saka will not all be here in 2 years' time and I stand by that. The only chance of keeping all three will be a change of manager sooner rather than later and a new boss who recognises quality...and who also gets shot of Xhaka!

Time will tell my friend.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:15 am
Just a couple of things.

1. Zaha is gash. He is not, and has never been, what we need. As SteveO said his whole approach on the pitch is a disgrace. He looks good at times because he is the big fish in a small pond at Palarse.

2. Can a couple of you absolute bastards please learn to quote properly for the loving love of fuck. :lol:

That is all. :wink:
Re quoting I blame Augie , he wound me up again with his conspiracy theories :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Oh, augie will do that to you alright. :D :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

If people could copy and paste the part of a post they want to address ,rather than quote the whole post making quote towers ,then maybe people quoting might not be so bad :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:15 am
Just a couple of things.

1. Zaha is gash. He is not, and has never been, what we need. As SteveO said his whole approach on the pitch is a disgrace. He looks good at times because he is the big fish in a small pond at Palarse.

2. Can a couple of you absolute bastards please learn to quote properly for the loving love of fuck. :lol:

That is all. :wink:
Re quoting I blame Augie , he wound me up again with his conspiracy theories :lol:
Which conspiracy theory would that be, I ask because Augie has hundreds of the fuckers... I recall 8 years ago Augie saying that Wiggy was in fact a Woman and that aliens paid by Daniel levy the scum CEO to kidnap his son to induce him to but Arsenal FC and run it into the ground... The Scum Cold War was Hotting Up even back then.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:31 am
If people could copy and paste the part of a post they want to address ,rather than quote the whole post making quote towers ,then maybe people quoting might not be so bad :barscarf:
Worst thing about this forum by a country mile - fucking quote towers :banghead:

Scroll scroll scroll on mobile and impossible to follow. I just skip over posts that are tied up in quote towers so if you want to call me a c.unt do it in a quite tower and I’ll be none the wiser 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1 poster,not sure who :wink: highlighted part of a post in red and then quoted the whole tower again ,wtf is that about.

Rodders you're a c##t :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:00 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Worst thing about this forum by a country mile - fucking quote towers :banghead:

Scroll scroll scroll on mobile and impossible to follow. I just skip over posts that are tied up in quote towers so if you want to call me a c.unt do it in a quite tower and I’ll be none the wiser 8)

Rodders, you're such a cu...oh, hold on, there's no quote tower here. :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:56 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:00 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Rodders, you're such a cu...oh, hold on, there's no quote tower here. :oops:
Where's this quote tower you speak of?

Roddaz is a cùnt though. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Hear Hear! :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are set to complete another outgoing after Lucas Torreira. Pablo Marí leaves the club and joins Italian Serie A side Monza, full agreement now reached - it’s done. 🚨🔴 #AFC

Pablo Marì leaves on loan deal with obligation to buy if Monza will remain in Serie A.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:10 am
Arsenal are set to complete another outgoing after Lucas Torreira. Pablo Marí leaves the club and joins Italian Serie A side Monza, full agreement now reached - it’s done. 🚨🔴 #AFC

Pablo Marì leaves on loan deal with obligation to buy if Monza will remain in Serie A.
Good to hear. He was never good enough, but wish him well.

We seem to be making better progress this summer getting players out of the door, though the fees are not great. Guendouzi, Torreira, Leno probably about £20m in all. Just Bellerin, AMN, Nelson & Pepe left now who we might be able to move on. Pepe seems the most unlikely.

I would love us to move Cedric and Xhaka on, but looks like they are both here till the bitter end. :x

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:

I assume that is a big IF ?

Monza ?

Never heard of them before, but will be cheering them on this season :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Monza ?

Thought they were in Formula 1 not Serie A. :mrgnu:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Arsenal are set to complete another outgoing :lol: after Lucas Torreira. Pablo Marí leaves the club and joins Italian Serie A side Monza, full agreement now reached - it’s done. 🚨🔴 #AFC

Monza ?

:lol: :lol: