ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TomHelo14

Re: ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

Post by TomHelo14 »

Couldn’t believe my eyes watching that *word censored* Xhaka trying to blame Saka for him trying to take Jota’s head clean off at Anfield. What’s that got to do with Saka you fucking moron?

Also not been buying into Arteta’s weird motivational speeches. “Great night”, “duck and the rabbit”… what???

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:27 pm
If anything it shows Rob Holding is a major leading in the dressing room. Even the new signings have said how welcoming he is. If anyone should be club captain it's Rob Holding, even though he's not a regular first team starter. He should not be sold or loaned out yet. He balances the squad.
But the whole point and reason of having a "Captain" is so that he can lead the team on the pitch, be the voice of reason, be the driving force by both word and example on the pitch, the one who calls a player out if they're not doing their job.

Holding seems like a nice lad, but he is not good enough as a player. I don't give a shyte how 'welcoming' and 'nice' he might be, I'd be more than happy if we had someone who was a right mean bastard, but as a Captain ensured that every single member of the squad / team played their guts out every single game; the way Tony Adams did and he was NOT a cu.nt... but a damn fine bloke and gentleman in the proper sense of the word.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TomHelo14 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:49 am
Couldn’t believe my eyes watching that *word censored* Xhaka trying to blame Saka for him trying to take Jota’s head clean off at Anfield. What’s that got to do with Saka you fucking moron?

Also not been buying into Arteta’s weird motivational speeches. “Great night”, “duck and the rabbit”… what???
Yeah! There's CliveElCunto saying something along the lines of he is one of the more experienced / senior players in the (young ) squad and there he is trying to dig out Saka.... He really is a CU.NT.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Xhaka is one of these “Senior Leaders” you get in any big corporate business. Seems impressive at first and says all the right things. But when you look and listen closely you realise that they are fucking clueless and sinply rely on a combination of arse-licking, the blame game and claiming credit for other people’s work.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:28 am
Xhaka is one of these “Senior Leaders” you get in any big corporate business. Seems impressive at first and says all the right things. But when you look and listen closely you realise that they are fucking clueless and sinply rely on a combination of arse-licking, the blame game and claiming credit for other people’s work.
You've met Dave from my office. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TomHelo14 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:49 am

100% bang on the money, Tom. 8)

It's absolutely shameful and exposes Clive for the complete coward he is. A leader? Not in a million years.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:18 am
Nos89 wrote:
If anything it shows Rob Holding is a major leading in the dressing room. Even the new signings have said how welcoming he is. If anyone should be club captain it's Rob Holding, even though he's not a regular first team starter. He should not be sold or loaned out yet. He balances the squad.
But the whole point and reason of having a "Captain" is so that he can lead the team on the pitch, be the voice of reason, be the driving force by both word and example on the pitch, the one who calls a player out if they're not doing their job.

Holding seems like a nice lad, but he is not good enough as a player. I don't give a shyte how 'welcoming' and 'nice' he might be, I'd be more than happy if we had someone who was a right mean bastard, but as a Captain ensured that every single member of the squad / team played their guts out every single game; the way Tony Adams did and he was NOT a cu.nt... but a damn fine bloke and gentleman in the proper sense of the word.
Nice decent lad...very welcoming...just one issue hes Championship level .....but yes lets make him captain.... :D :D :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:46 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
You aren’t called Dave are you? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Trust me, I am the Anti-Dave. 8)

wibble

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:53 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sounds like you are trying to blame others to me :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

quote=wibble post_id=1202583 time=1660399674 user_id=6090]
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
[/quote]

And taking all Dave’s credit. :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:32 pm
quote=wibble post_id=1202583 time=1660399674 user_id=6090]
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
And taking all Dave’s credit. :-P
[/quote]

I think you've made your "Point" :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

There a couple dopey cùnts on here that quote much like Dave would. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:45 pm
There a couple dopey cùnts on here that quote much like Dave would or how manure play against Brentford. :lol:
:lol: :wink: :high5:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:18 am
Nos89 wrote:

That's such an old fashioned view of a captain. Even TA6 would have adapted to be the captain of a modern day player. Modern managers don't rely on a captain to make on the pitch decisions, they micro manage the players. Started with Mourinho, taken to the next level by Guardiola. Remember the days Wenger would get criticised for not running up and down the touchline when things weren't going great? That's cos he was used to having players thinking for themselves, with a captain leading the way. Them days have long gone I'm afraid.