Nacho Monreal retires

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Nacho Monreal retires

Post by StuartL »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62564596

Sad to see but 36 is pretty good age to get to before retiring.

Never a game changer, but always a genuine give his all type of guy, who popped up with a couple of crucial goals

Won 3 FA cups with us 🏆🏆🏆 :barscarf:

Thank you for your service Nacho

DB10GOONER

Re: Nacho Monreal retires

Post by DB10GOONER »

:tumbleweed:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:cake:

:lol:

Haha just fucking with ya Stu. :wink:

I like Nacho. He had a couple of really good seasons after a dodgy start and as you say he won 3 FA Cups with us. Which is three more than Fat Tongue and Puppy Botherer. :lol: :wink:

Wish him a long and happy retirement! :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

He always came across as a good professional who took it seriously and cared about the club at a time when a lot of the players didn't really give a shit.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Agree with you both. Slightly iffy start with us, but turned into a reliable and committed performer. Always thought he was underrated tbh. Let's be fair, playing in an Arsenal defence under the French fraud was a thankless task. Wenger could have made a back four of Baresi, Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto and Maldini look second rate.

Anyway, good luck Nacho.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

"I’ve never been a star who scores goals...But every time I pulled on the Arsenal shirt, I gave my all. I felt proud just warming up. You could feel the fans’ affection, gratitude. I’m very fond of them too." - Nacho Monreal

TomHelo14

Post by TomHelo14 »

Always remember losing my head at ManUre away when he scored that near post finish in the FA Cup. Just before Welé went on to score the winner. That was a quality day out.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TomHelo14 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:52 am
Always remember losing my head at ManUre away when he scored that near post finish in the FA Cup. Just before Welé went on to score the winner. That was a quality day out.

I was thinking about that goal Tom when Stuart put this thread up. It was a strikers finish and he put it away very calmly. Nacho was good technically.